Have Faith in Me

Blushes

“What was that?” Brian demanded when I walked towards them after walking the stage. I shrugged.

“Lzzy convinced me to do a song with them. She heard me singing the other day and thought I had a good voice,” I explained.

“And the outfit?” Johnny added.

“Again, Lzzy’s idea.”

“Well you sure know how to belt out a song,” Matt complimented.

“Not to mention you know how to put on a show,” Mike added.

“All in all, you were awesome out there,” Zacky summarized. I felt a bright blush spread across my face as I grabbed my camera from a nearby amp.

“Thanks,” I muttered. I slipped the camera strap around my neck.

“By the way,” Matt whispered as the rest of the guys went to go watch Stone Sour, “you happened to also look great out there. Although personally I prefer when you dress like you.” The blush brightened and an embarrassed smile appeared. He grinned and went to join the rest of the guys after seeing what his compliment had done. I shook my head and went back to the side of the stage.

“Oh, you’re still up,” Zacky said when he saw me in the back lounge. I looked up from my laptop.

“You sound like that’s a problem,” I replied.

“It’s not. Just surprised.”

“Why are you back here anyways?” He wordlessly pointed to the Xbox hooked up to the small flat screen. “This late at night?”

“I’m not too tired. Thought I’d kill the time.” I scooted over to leave him plenty of room as I went back to looking at my photos. Zacky sat down beside me and turned on the game system. I glanced at the screen and saw Portal 2 loading.

“Portal 2?” I read, with a small laugh.

“Hey, it’s a good game.” I shook my head with another small laugh. He played his game as I continued looking at photos. Every now and then I glanced at the screen to see Zacky screwing around. “You know, it was Matt’s idea to hire you,” he mentioned after a few moments. I raised an eyebrow.

“Why do you mention that?” He rolled his eyes as he paused his game.

“Don’t tell me you don’t notice it.”

“Notice what?” He rolled his eyes again. “What are you talking about, Zacky?”

“The fact that you and Mr. Sanders flirt every day. Don’t think I didn’t notice what went on after the rest of us walked away tonight.” My face flushed lightly at the mention of that. “And that, what is currently happening to your face, happens quite often around the Colonel.”

“The Colonel?” I echoed.

“You know, like Colonel Sanders from KFC. But don’t try to change the subject!” Zacky chided. “Matt does have feelings for you. How far they go, we don’t know but we do all know that he at least has a crush on you.” It was my turn to roll my eyes.

“It’s probably nothing. It’ll probably be a flirting thing at most.”

“Tell that to the man that hasn’t known Matt since middle school.” I looked at him and he stared back with a smirk on lips.

“Whatever you say, Zacky, whatever you say.”

***

“That one looks good,” Matt said as he pointed to a picture. He and I were sitting on a couch in the lounge, looking at my pictures. He was leaning against me and I tried to keep my breathing normal, trying just as hard to ignore the warmth radiating off his body.

We were on our way to Phoenix, Arizona. Everyone was still sleeping after their performance last night. They hadn’t been sleeping well and had chosen this day to catch up on their rest. Matt, however, had decided to wake up early as usual and sit with me.

“Yeah, but the light is wrong on Mike. It’s leaving him in the dark while the drum set is lit up,” I disagreed. My phone started to ring. Grabbing it from beside me on the couch, I pressed “send” and brought it up to my ear. “Hello?” I answered.

“Rachel! Almost two weeks! Two weeks since you left me! No call or text or e-mail or even a Facebook status about how you’ve been!” Sheryl practically yelled into the phone.

“Sorry,” I apologized. “I’ve just been busy.”

“Busy my ass. Details, woman! What’s been going on?”

“Not much. Been taking photos like I was hired to do, going through them, watching the other bands play, did a song with Halestorm yesterday. Oh and getting laid by M.Shadows.” I glanced at Matt with a smirk on my face and with a great feeling of satisfaction, I saw a blush had found its way to his face.

“WHAT?” If she wasn’t yelling before, she definitely was now. “You… him… doing…” I laughed as I left Matt in the lounge and went to the back lounge.

“Relax, Sher. I haven’t been screwed by M.Shadows. Although stuff has been going on between us.”

“Stuff? What kind of stuff?”

“Just flirting. That’s about it. Oh and I love how you basically ignored everything else I said.” I could just imagine her rolling her eyes.

“What do you expect if you tell me that you got laid by a man as sexy as him?” I shrugged even though she couldn’t see me.

“Listen, I gotta go,” I told her when I heard the guys start to rustle. She let out a loud huff.

“Fine. But you’d better call me or something! Or I’ll call you again and I will yell.” I let out a small laugh as I shook my head.

“All right, Sheryl. Later.”

“Later, Rachel.” I hung up and walked back to the lounge.

“Recover from the blush I gave you?” I giggled as I sat back down next to Matt. He smiled sheepishly, his dimples appearing. “By the way, you look cute when you blush.” He rolled his eyes and muttered something under his breath. “What was that?”

“I said men don’t blush!” I laughed.

“Whatever, Matthew. Now come on. Help me finish with this.”