Have Faith in Me

It's Official

“Did we interrupt something?” I heard Johnny say. I immediately jumped away from Matt, my face bright red and my heart racing at a hundred miles per hour. My lips still tingled from the contact less than a minute ago.

“Sort of,” I said quietly.

“Why are you just standing there, Johnny?” Zacky yelled. Johnny stumbled out of the door way as he was pushed by Zacky. Brian followed Zacky out, stepping around Johnny. The two guitarist looked at Matt and I oddly, taking in my flustered appearance. I didn’t know how Matt looked; I hadn’t looked at him after I pulled away. Zacky’s emerald eyes widened the moment he took in my appearance.

“Holy shit!” Brian exclaimed once it finally dawned on him, a mischievous glint in his brown eyes. “You two kissed!” The blush that was beginning to fade flared with a vengeance.

“Yeah and I’d appreciate it if I could talk to Rachel alone for a moment,” Matt growled.

“You’ve had-” Johnny started but Zacky shoved him back towards the bunks. After a couple of ow’s and a “bitch” from Brian, Matt and I were alone again.

“Rachel, I’m sorry-” Matt immediately started but I silenced him with another gentle kiss. He looked at me in confusion.

“You have nothing to be sorry about,” I assured him. “That kiss answered quite a few questions I had, one of which you’d be happy to know the answer to.”

“What exactly did I answer?” I looked down at my lap, staring at my hands. I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, throwing him a quick, brief glance.

“Well, the fact if you did have feelings for me because all the guys with the exception of Mike have told me you do. Then there was if I had feelings for you or if they were just the same fan girl crush I’ve had for years. Finally, what would I do if something were to happen between us.” There was silence for a moment. I looked over at Matt, unsure how he reacted.

“The guys have been right in telling you that I had feelings for you,” he quietly said. “I just haven’t done anything because I wasn’t sure if you returned those feelings. It was obvious that we were flirting but I didn’t know if you were flirting just to flirt or if you actually felt anything.” I gave him a small smile which he returned.

“I do. Trust me, I do.” His smile grew into a wide, dimpled smile.

“Now the guys will stop bugging me about you.” I let out a giggle.

“They weren’t bugging just you.” He chuckled as he shook his head.

“They sure did want us together, huh?” I smiled.

“Well, you’re gonna have to work for this,” I teased as I stood up and started to walk away. I felt his hands grab my hips. He pulled me onto his laps, securing his arms around me.

“Someone’s sassy,” he countered. I smirked.

“Instinct.” He kissed me again and I smiled into the kiss.

“You think they’re done talking?” they heard Zacky whisper.

“I think so. I don’t hear any more voices,” Brian whispered back.

“But we can hear voices,” I said loudly. They tumbled out of the bunk area, poor Johnny at the bottom of the heap. I laughed as I watched them try to get up.

“You guys really need to perfect your eavesdropping skills,” Mike chuckled as he came out from the bunk area. He looked to Matt and I. “So can we say it’s official now?” Matt looked to me as if he expected me to answer. Smiling, I turned to Mike.

“You can say it’s official now,” I confirmed.

“Good because God did you guys make it so obvious.” I hid my face in Matt’s neck as he laughed.

“Our little Matty is all grown up,” Brian cooed. Matt glared at him.

“Shut it, Gates,” he snapped.

“Our little Rachel isn’t as shy as we thought she was,” Zacky added, smiling.

“I’m as sassy as I am shy,” I retorted, smirking.

“You clearly are, Little Miss Sassy Pants.” I grinned.

“At least we are done with trying to push you two to get together. All the flirting and everything was starting to get unbearable,” Johnny said.

“Don’t hate on what you don’t have, Johnny Boy.”

“You’re just mean to me because I’m short!”

“Excuse me?” I stood up to my full 5 foot 3 inch height, an inch shorter of Johnny himself. “I don’t think you can use that with me considering I’m an inch shorter than you.”

“I can call you both short,” Zacky boasted, straightening to reach his 5 foot 8 in.

“Shut up, Vengeance. My 5 foot 9 beats your height,” Brian hushed.

“I think I have you all beat,” Matt decided. His 6 foot 1 inch height dwarfed me. “You wanna get in on this, Mike?” Matt added, turning the drummer. Mike chuckled as he shook his head.

“Nah. I’m good. I’ll let you win this battle of the heights,” Mike declined. The rest of us laughed.

“Your height does make this easier though,” Brian said as he ran at me, picked me up, and threw me over his shoulder.

“Put me down, Brian!” I yelled, smacking his back. He threw me on a couch where I landed on with a small “oof.” “So nice, Brian. The most chivalrous gentleman.”

“Of course, m’lady,” he joked, mockingly bowing.

“Hey, no trying to wow my girl with your mock chivalry,” Matt chided, wrapping an arm around me. “I’ll wow her with real chivalry.” I rolled my eyes.

“You guys are dorks,” I giggled.

“I thought you knew this already,” Zacky said, a feigned expression of confusion on his face.

“I did. And now, I’m going to go take a nap and let you guys be dorks together.” I walked into the bunks without another word.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to miyuh diabolikul?, xMy Heart Is A Fistx, and KellShadows for commenting on the last update!

And if you guys would mind, check out my new Jeremy McKinnon fanfic, If It Means A Lot To You?