Status: Comments make me update more!!!

Finding Bat Country

Seventeen

I opened my eyes and smiled at my Ben who was now my boyfriend. Letting out a soft sigh I ran my fingers through his curly hair. I had only been here for a few weeks but it felt like it had been months. After a few minutes of just playing with Ben’s hair I finally stood up and walked to the bathroom. On the counter was a note.

Freshen up and Fiona will be up to help you get ready for the party tonight.
Xoxo
-Ben


I smiled and giggled usually he would have told him himself but he was too tired to probably. A light knock sounded on the door.

“Come in.” I smiled.

Fiona walked inside with a dress and heels. As I relaxed in the bathtub she washed and brushed my hair. Around here I was treated like royalty just like Ben told me I should have been treated like all along. As scrubbed my back the sponge brushed over the two bite holes on my neck.

“Ow, god damn it.” I snapped.

She jumped, “Oh, I’m so sorry Miss.”

I took in a sharp breath then nodded, “It’s fine Fiona, just don’t do it again. It’s quite tender there.”

I thought about Ben and smiled. He’d given me the bite mark. It was when he was practically dying of thirst and I agreed to let him drink some of my blood and every since it was like I couldn’t leave him if I wanted to. Almost like I belonged to him now.

Fiona handed me a towel and I quickly stood up and wrapped it around my body before stepping out of the tub. Almost immediately Fiona was helping me into the dress and tightening the strings on the corset. I smiled at my reflection in the mirror and slipped on the heels once Fiona was done. I did my make up with glittery champagne colored eye shadow then put on a thin layer of lip gloss.

“How do I look?” I asked Fiona.

She smiled and nodded, “Very beautiful, madam.”

My hair was wavy and very luscious if I do say myself. When had I gotten this vain?

“Master Ben is calling you.” Fiona spoke.

I nodded and walked out into the hall to find Ben in a tuxedo looking very handsome. In his hands he held a ring that said TAKEN on the front of it.

“This is for ya, love.” He placed a small kiss on my lips before slipping the ring on my ring finger.

I grinned and gently placed my hand on his cheek, “You’re just too perfect.”

Ben grinned and shook his head, “You’re the perfect one, look at cha.”

He twirled me around causing butterflies to erupt in my stomach. Instantly we were lip locked and his hands were roaming under my skirt.

“Master, the guests have arrived.” Fiona spoke from the top of the stairs.

Ben glared at her for interrupting us, “Get out of my sight.”

Fiona scurried away leaving us together. Ben removed his hands from me and I smoothed out my skirt.

“Well, shall we?” He stuck out his arm for me to take.

I grinned and took hold of his arm. Together we walked down the stairs acting as if we were invincible. In the crowd all awaiting for us to descend down the stairs I saw Danny, Cameron, Sam, and James with all of their dates. Not far behind them I recognized the familiar faces of Matt, Jimmy, Johnny, Zacky, and I felt a strange beating in my heart when I saw Syn.

His eyes instantly connected to mine and I felt a jolt go through my system from head to toe. It was almost like I had put a fork in a wall plug in. His chocolate brown eyes made my knees weak. There was hurt evident in them mixed with something else but I just couldn’t put my finger on what it was.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome. Tonight is in celebration of our newest member, Mitch Lanning. Isn’t she drop dead gorgeous?” Danny spoke into a microphone.

Ben cleared his throat and Danny rolled his eyes, “And she’s being escorted by her mate, Ben Bruce.”

The crowd applauded us and Ben griped onto my wrist a bit too tight for my liking but I didn’t say anything. Ben pressed his lips to mine and I smiled into the kiss. In the back of my mind I knew this PDA was to show that I was his and for everyone else to back off.

“I love ya.” He kissed me again then dispersed into the crowd leaving me standing alone next to Danny whose date had also disappeared.

I made a face and turned to Danny, “Where’d he go?”

“Go chat up some old friends.” He answered then pointed me in the direction of the kitchen, “Go get something to eat, you’ll need that energy for later.”

I furrowed my eyebrows when Danny winked at me but didn’t say anything. I had gotten used to it in the few weeks I had been here. On my way to the kitchen I passed by a mirror and couldn’t help but notice how much I had changed, physically. It was like out of the couple of weeks I had grown up a bit.

“Don’t you look stunning?” A voice spoke from behind me.

I jumped and turned around to find Syn standing right behind me with a blank look on his face.

“Syn.” I breathed out a sigh of relief.

He nodded, “So you’ve chosen to stay here?”

“You’re not a nice man and neither are your friends, Syn. Ben told me all about it and I’ve realized in the short time I’ve been here it’s for the best-”

Syn cut me off with an angry look on his face, “How long do you think you’ve been here?”

“Answer me!” He snapped angrily .

I gulped, “A few weeks.”

He shook his head, “Unfucking believable.”

“What.” I growled making him look at me.

Syn grabbed a hold of me and pushed my hair away from my neck, touching my bite marks, “You’re coming with me.”

He grabbed a hold of me and started pulling me towards the back door.

“What? Why?” I demanded to know.

Syn crashed his lips to mine stunning me for a second, “You haven’t been here for a couple weeks you’ve been here for six months, Mitch.”