Status: Comments make me update more!!!

Finding Bat Country

Nineteen

I woke up feeling sick to my stomach, I had probably one of the worst headaches in the word. There wasn’t such a heavy feeling in my veins though. There was no pain where the bite marks were on my neck but there was that horrible pain in my stomach. I was about to open my eyes but stayed quiet when I heard voices not to far away from me.

“Is she still alive?” A voice I wasn’t familiar with asked.

“I can feel her pulse.” Zacky’s voice was a bit bitter.

Matt‘s voice came in next, “How are you going to explain this to her? After all the way everything went did sort of looked like a rape scene.”

“I’ll tell her the truth, when she wakes up. We just have to wait until the stitches heal her skin then I’ll try to keep her under control.” Syn snapped back at Matt.

Zacky spoke, “She’s awake.”

I opened my eyes on command and looked at all of them very confused. I wasn’t scared I was just in pain and utterly confused.

“Look at her eyes.” The shortest man that I hadn’t been properly introduced to spoke.

I tried to move my head but found it was too painful. Syn was at my side before I could even blink.

“Can you speak?” He questioned with a worried look on his face.

I narrowed my eyes at him and opened my mouth but only a low growl escaped.

“Shit.” Syn breathed staring at me with wide eyes.

I swiftly sat up which caused everyone to move back a bit. Zacky grabbed Syn’s arm and pulled him away from me.

“She’s new, remember that.” Zacky spoke in a low voice but I picked it up.

I was no longer restrained so I grabbed the white sheets and wrapped them around my body.

“Does anyone want to tell me what the hell happened?” I growled.

Syn’s eyes went soft, “Ben poisoned you.”

“Yeah, yeah, I picked up that much. Why the fuck were you taking off my clothes and your pants?” I snapped.

He hesitated before replying, “It was risky.”

“What was risky?”

“I had to drain your blood but…” He trailed off.

I narrowed my eyes at him, “But what?”

“I took too much and you died.”

My expression went blank as I stared at him in shock, “What?”

“I couldn’t let you die so I changed you.”

I backed up away from him as he moved towards me, “Stay away from me you monster.”

Zacky snickered, “I wouldn’t be talking, sweetheart.”

I glared and in a flash was in front of him, pinning him back against the wall by his throat, “What the hell is that supposed to mean?”

“She’s strong for a newbie. Go look in the mirror sweetheart.” He chuckled breaking out of my grip.

I glared but stood up and walked over to the nearest mirror and was shocked to see that my eyes were bright red where the brown was supposed to be. I don’t know what came over me but my first instinct was to punch the mirror. It shattered and my hand was covered in blood, the bones exposed.

“Why am I bleeding?” I growled watching the wound heal similar to how Wolverine on the X-Men would heal.

Zacky circled me and examined my hand before pointing at Syn and Matt, “Take her down to the lab. We need to run tests on her.”

“I’m not going!” I yelled but started feeling dizzy and off balance when Zacky held up his hand and lowered it in an odd way.