Status: Comments make me update more!!!

Finding Bat Country

Nine

My eyes fluttered open to reveal the sun lightly shining through my room. I looked over to where Brian had been when I fell asleep only to find that he wasn’t there.

“Brian!” I called out.

A bark came from the door way. I crawled out of the bed and patted my leg to call him over.

“Come ere’ Bri.”

Brian wagged his tail and made his way over to me. I smiled and scratched behind his ears.

“You hungry?”

He barked and I took that as a yes. Smiling I walked down the stairs with Brian at my heels. When I got into the kitchen my mom and Tim were practically fucking on the counter. I gagged calling the attention to me.

“Oh sweetheart, I thought you went to movies with Alex and Veronica.” Mom fixed herself.

Tim glared at me and then his eyes when wide with fear when Brian growled and stepped towards him. I smirked and got dog food out of the cabinet and poured it into a bowl.

“Fucking dog.” Tim muttered on his way out of the kitchen, taking the long route into the living to avoid Brian.

Mom smiled softly at me then tossed me sixty bucks, “Here sweetheart, go do something for a couple of hours. Take Brian with you, and stay out of trouble.”

“Okay mom.” I nodded and pocketed the money.

Brian gobbled up his food then let me clip the leash on him.

“Come on Bri, now no running off.” I patted his head and we walked out of the house.

This time we went through the park and I let Brian chase the birds at the dog park.

“Hey Mitch.” A familiar voice spoke taking me out of my happy mood.

I turned to find Jimmy standing there with a genuine smile on his face.

“What do you want?” I narrowed my eyes at him.

He put his hands up in defense, “Hey I’m not doing you any harm. Just wanted to see how your doing.”

“I’m fine. You can go away now.” I crossed my arms over my chest and whistled for Brian.

“Um, are you looking for that wolf?” Jimmy asked.

I nodded.

He pointed in the direction of the woods, “He went that way.”

I groaned, what is with Brian and the woods? Quickly I ran off in the direction of the woods, hoping not to see Brian but of course he always knew how to find me thanks to this dumb brand. I ran into the woods but then stopped dead in my tracks when I saw Brian. I was about to call out to him but stopped when he growled and a could a smoke appeared, then before I could blink the smoke cleared and in Brian’s place was Synyster Gates. My eyes widened and I back into a tree.

His eyes shut for a minute then he turned in my direction, “How ya doin’ Mitch?”

I gasped and tried to run but he was to fast. He caught me and used his telekinesis to stop me from moving. It was almost as if I had lead weights holding me down.

“I believe I asked you a question.” He growled.

“Fine.” I spat.

“Was that so hard?” Syn circled me like an animal does to his prey.

I just glared at him until he released me.

“Your Brian. You sick bastard! You were in my home and near my family!” I screamed at him and turned to run.

Behind me I could hear his laughter. As I was running I tripped over a log and my arm was cut against the rough side of a tree. I looked down at the cut on my arm. It wasn’t too bad but it was bleeding.

“Clumsy?” Syn snickered this his nose twitched and he inhaled the air.

His eyes turned blood red and he barred his fangs at me. I backed up away from him when I knew he was after my blood now. Syn leaped at me but was knocked down by Jimmy. He held Syn down and yelled, “Run!”

I didn’t think twice before taking off and running back home. Alex and Veronica weren’t home yet so I took off down the street in the direction of Jackie’s house.

“Come on.” I mumbled over and over again as I knocked on the door.

Finally her mom answered the door, “Oh well, hello Mitch. Your bleeding, come inside.”

I came inside and her mom Dena who just happened to be a nurse, cleaned and bandaged the cut before directing me to Jackie’s room.

“Hey Tooty Fruity. What’s up?” She asked.

“Your gonna think I’m crazy.” I sat down on her bed than began to tell her everything from the beginning to now.