Status: .

His Violet Eyes

Swingset Confessions

I sighed as I sat down on the sofa. My back and chest still tingled with warmth.

“Hope!” Mom squealed and hugged me.

“Hey Mom.” I laughed and squeezed her affectionately.

“Hey Ba-” Dad was cut off with the doorbell ringing.

“I’ll get it!” I said excitedly as I ran towards the door.

“Hey.” Ian smiled from the doorstep. My heart fluttered and I smiled back.

“Hey. What are you doing here?” I let my tone become curious. Okay, Hope. Just stay calm and cool.

“I just wanted to talk.” He shrugged and my Mom giggled from the living room. I heard my Dad hush her and I cringed. Their probably all lovey dovey right now.

“Uhm, Let’s go to the park?” I suggested and he smiled.

Im suddenly falling in love with that smile. “Sure. I know this really great park.” He started wlaking down the steps and I followed him.

As we walked down the street, I couldn’t help but glance at Ian.

He too was staring at the ground.

“So what did you wanna talk about?” I asked as we sat down on the swing set.

“I don’t know. I kinda felt bad for ignoring you and then blaming you.” He explained as he started swinging back and forth.

I started going froward slowly. “You do know I forgave you before I left school right?” I said suspiciously. He turned red.

“I just needed to apologize again.” He bit his lip and looked away. Some things wrong.

“What’s wrong, Ian?” I said softly and his head snapped towards me.

“Nothing. I guess your the only one I could talk too.”

“What about Steven?”

“Steven’s my best friend and he knows. But I just don’t feel like calling him to talk about life. He’s busy with Mel.”

I nodded. “What about your life?” I said softly and he stared at me for a long time.

I looked away and apologized. This is stupid. I actually thought he’d share his life with me.

“My Mom’s sick. She can’t get up, talk, eat, or sit. She’s been sick for 2 years now. My Dad’s working his ass off for the bills, her medicine, my school things, clothes, food. It get’s hard to control a life with a sick wife and a bullied son. The doctors say shes getting better but all I see is an old, decaying woman with a tired smile. I lost hope in everything, even God. I prayed hard the night I found out my Mom was sick. But guess what? She doesn’t get any better. Her surgery is on Friday and I don’ know if she’ll survive or if she’ll...” He trailed off and tears built up in my eyes.

He shared all of this with me? Someone he only knew for a week?

“Are you scared?” I knew the answer but I wanted to hear it come from his mouth.

“Very.” He whispered hoarsely.

“I guess when I came to your house for the first time I was jealous of you. You had a healthy family and your parents seemed to be so in love. My family isn’t like that.My parents, they love each other. But, they can’t show how much they love each other when they barley see each other.” He whispered and I felt like crying.

“Do you still pray?”

“No. I can’t I just don’t think he’ll listen to me. He never did.” He whispered and I pushed my swing towards his.

Ignoring his wet eyes, I hugged him tightly.

“I promise she’s gonna get better.” I whispered.

“I can’t seem to trust you on that.” He admitted.

“Don’t worry. You’ll see on Saturday.”

It suddenly became quiet and he hugged me even tighter. Our swings seem to get closer.

“Can I meet your Mommy?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Did you like it?
Okay, So I'd like to thank Cheer_Princess for calling me an talented writer <3
It's a small gesture but it meant the whole world to me, so thanks.