Status: active.

Demise.

thirty-five.

Prosper was getting ready for a night out with Norah when he got the bad news. The phone rang three times before he picked it up.

Nicolson Memorial Hospital

“Hello?”

“Yes, hi I’m looking for Prosper Wayland.”

“Speaking.”

“My name is Dr. McCarthy I’m your mothers doctor. I need you to come down right away.”
Prospers heart suddenly dropped as he clutched the counter for support. He couldn’t breathe, he felt everything caving in.

“Is.. She alright?”

“She’s fine now, just please come down as soon as possible.”

He hung up the phone grabbed his car keys jumping into the car speeding down the back streets avoiding all the traffic. His mom needed him and no cop was going to stop him.
He threw the car into a parking spot and ran into the hospital asking about his mothers whereabouts, getting a visitors pass and darting up the stairs having no time to wait for an elevator.

Once he reached the fourth floor he was all out of breath and asked for Dr. McCarthy. She came out in a pair of purple scrubs and a clipboard.

“You must be Prosper, hi I’m Dr. McCarthy.”

She shook Prospers hand and he looked frantically at her asking questions without even speaking.

“Your mother is just fine now, she had a bad relapse from the drug withdrawals and her body went into shock.”

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

“Were going to keep her in intensive care for now until she looks clear to go back to the rehabilitation center.”

Prosper didn’t know what to say or do he just went in and sat next to his mothers bed. Just as things were getting great for Prosper, he knew in someway they would fall apart.
He looked at his mother sound asleep on the bed, the covers pulled up to her waist and the sound of the heart monitor beeping away. Nothing else mattered right now, no one else mattered but his mom.
♠ ♠ ♠
short i know, but its coming to an end soon :)