Status: Working on it.

Happy 125th Hunger Games!

District One Reaping: Diamond Jewel

My little sister came into the room quietly, hoping she would be able to scare me awake. Unfortunately for her, I was already awake so I decided to turn this prank upside down. She crept over to my bed where I was laying face down and out of nowhere I flip over and scream “Boo!” She topples backwards onto the floor, a look of terror in her eyes. I can’t help but chuckle and the look of terror quickly turns into anger. She gives me one last stone cold glare and huffs out of my room slamming my door. Good, I want some peace and quiet. It is just too early for any of this.

I got up and went over to my closet where I took out a dress with the label “Reaping Clothes” on it. I smile at it and take off the cover. It is a floor length golden gown with sequins that looked like diamonds lining the edges of the dress. I slipped it on and looked at myself in the mirror. Not bad. I brushed out my long blonde hair and sweeped it into a high ponytail. I put a flower behind my ear which seemed to complete the look, only this flower was... of special value to me.It also added the crucial bit of sweet and innocent to my ultimate goal of sexy meets sweet. That is what I want people to see me as. Then I can kill them and they will never expect it. Even if I am part of the career pack.

I start humming to myself and skip into the kitchen, the nearly skintight dress making this task slightly more difficult.. My dad looks over at me warily from the kitchen and asks with a sad look on his face “Are you volunteering today?” He has been sad for 3 years now, ever since my mother died . I just gave him a smile and said , “Yes daddy. I am going to win this. It would make mom proud.” He smiled a little bit at the last part and handed me a bowl of wonderful smelling soup, something sweet.. and some nice bread. I ate it all quickly, knowing I might as well start now for the Games, and when my sister came into the room I was too preoccupied to even notice. She sat down across the table looking at me expectantly but I just finished my food and handed the bowl to my dad. “I’ll see you later Dad.”

I smiled at him and rushed out of the house to meet up with my friends Glitzy and Sparkle. We giggled over cute boys and such, and then we talked about my game strategy which, of course, they loved, and then it was time for the reaping. We all walked over to the 16s section and listened to the Treaty of Treason where they talked about how they do this to show how the Capitol is in control of all the districts, so on and so forth. Finally it was time for the Tributes to be chosen.

“ Today, I think we should start with boys first to stir things up a bit.” She said with a smile. She was very strange looking and I wanted to turn away when I looked at her. Oh well, I will have to be around her for a little while I might as well get used to it. She dug around in the boys reaping ball and pulled out a slip of paper “Kev-“

“I volunteer!” “I volunteer!” I heard two boys shout almost at the same time. One of them started walking down towards Twilly when the other one shoved him out of the way and punched him in the face. I giggled to myself, excited for this Hunger Games. It was also hilarious how shocked Twilly was. She just stood there with her mouth open. Finally he said his name and he sat down. Now for the girls turn. I squeezed Sparkles hand and smiled at Glitzy. Twilly dug around in the girls reaping ball and pulled out a slip of paper. As soon as she started to open the slip I screamed “I volunteer!!” She looked up at me, unsurprised and I practically flew down to the stage.

“What’s your name?” She asked smiling politely.

“Hi everyone, my name is Diamond Jewel and I hope you guys will all be rooting for me to win!” I said in a cheery yet slightly sultry fashion, and I even winked at the camera. The crowd went wild. I’ve totally got this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please keep reading, I hope you'll find the other chapters more exciting or.. better haha. Thanks for reading!