Status: Working on it.

Happy 125th Hunger Games!

District Two Reaping: Everett Blakely

My internal alarm clock went off because today was “the day”. I jumped out of bed and threw on some nice clothes. My coppery brown hair was a wreck so I brushed it forward. My green eyes were especially bright today, all the better for the cameras. Maybe I can even start getting some sponsors if I play my cards right. Hmm, no, I think I’ll play the tough guy card today. We will see what happens.

I walked over to my sister’s room and shook her awake, she looked up at me and nodded. It was her first reaping day so she needed to be ready. Even though I knew she wouldn’t be reaped because someone would volunteer, as always, I wanted her to be on top of things.

I jogged downstairs and ate a hasty breakfast and greeted my parents with a grin. They were nervous but accepting of the fact that I was volunteering today. I went to my backyard and practiced throwing knives at targets that I had set up, always hitting the bull’s eye. As long as I can get a pack of knives and, of course, be part of the Career pack, I will win.
I lifted some weights and made a few traps before it was time to go. Sure, we weren’t supposed to train, but anyone that wanted to win did. District 1, 2 and 4 volunteers did, and I was no exception. I yelled goodbye to my parents, gripping my watch with my girlfriend Adriela’s picture in it.

I opened it and looked at her smiling face knowing that I had to win the Hunger Games for her. Last year she had been reaped and no one volunteered for her, oddly enough. She told me if she didn’t win, she wanted me to win. I promised her that. It’s time for me to keep that promise.

I walked the short distance to the town square and stood at the front of the 15s section. The announcer lady, Liddy, Lindy, something... I don’t really care, chose girls first. There was a volunteer. Good, so I won’t have to go up against my sister or anything like that. The girl sat down, she was pretty. Too bad I’ll have to kill her, oh well. I’ll be killing a lot of people. Then she went to the boys reaping ball. She stuck her hand deep down into its depths and pulled out a slip of paper. She began to read it and I yelled,

“I volunteer!” She looked a little shocked that I was from the 15s but it wasn’t all that rare so she wasn’t too fazed. I heard some aggravated mumbles, probably from other people who wanted to volunteer. Sucks for them, I got too it first. I walked over to her and took the microphone.

“My name is Everett Blakely and I am extremely ready for these Hunger Games. 5th Quarter Quell baby!” I smiled at the crowd and I got even more cheers than the girl before me. I smiled at her and she gave me a look of… pity? I couldn’t really tell. We shook hands and were escorted off to our holding rooms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for any grammatical errors. :P Hope you like it. Would really like some comments even if you just say: Its sucks, or Im reading this. Or, I like ... this character. And subscribe!!! x) If you think I should change stuff then comment!!! =P Pretty please? Anyways enjoy.