Status: Working on it.

Happy 125th Hunger Games!

District Three Reaping: Alice Johnson

I opened the door of my bedroom and crept into the hallway, carefully tiptoeing to my best friend’s room. I opened the door and whispered, “Jessicaaaaa. Jessica!” I heard stirring and flipped on the light. Jessica and her roommate Bella stifled squeals and I jumped onto Jessica’s bed tackling her. More stifled squeals. I giggled quietly and turned off the light and opening the shades on the windows making the light less painful to them. They glared at me and I gave them a sheepish grin.

“Are you guys ready for our second reaping? Come on! Let’s get ready ‘Today’s a big Day!’. I said mocking the people of the Community Home where we lived. They all laughed and since Bella was the only one of us who had nice clothes we all wore some of hers. I was taller than them by a good 3 or 4 inches so I had to wear her long dresses. I found a really pretty navy blue one that matched my eyes and put it on. It came to my thighs and was pretty tight. It had one shoulder with ruffles on it. They looked at me and gave me a nod of approval.

I smiled at them and went back to my room. I brushed through my straight red hair and parted it to the side. I decided to put on a little make up for good measure and then went over to my dresser. I picked up my pin that had my parent’s names on it and put it on the dress. Finished. I looked in the mirror and looked decent. Maybe even a little bit better than decent.
I smiled at myself in the mirror and went with Jessica and Bella to the reaping. We walked for several minutes talking about how much we hated reaping day and the hunger games. It was cruel of the Capitol to do all of this to us. Blah, blah, blah. We made it over to the 13s section and stood towards the middle.

Finally, our district escort, Frilly Campbell, got around to the part where she called people’s names and they were sent off to die. So, essentially, the fun part. I stood there with my fingers crossed hoping none of my friends would get called. I got distracted when she said let’s pick ladies first, by her curly pink hair and bright yellow dress that made her look like the sun wearing a pink hat. I chuckled to myself at the thought and then I saw her hand dive into the reaping ball and pull out a paper.
I squeezed my eyes shut and heard the name called. Oh good, it’s not one of my friends. I let out a sigh of relief. I looked over and saw Jessica crying. Then it kicked in, Oh God. They called me.

I walked numbly up to where Frilly was standing refusing to let the tears that inevitably started welling up in my eyes to fall. I needed to look tough and determined. So I could get fans and sponsors and a chance at life. I put on my game face and forced what I thought would be a confident smile onto my face and looked around. Frilly asked me to say a few words.

“My name is Alice Johnson and I believe this is going to be the best Hunger Games yet!” I shouted. There were a few claps from the crowd but they just stared up at me, probably listing me off as dead. I wasn’t going to go down without a fight though. They would see this soon enough.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy, subscribe. All that fun