Status: Living happily ever after...well as happy as you can get with werewolves and vampires.

Oh Yeah...It's Hot

10. Drinking problems away

“PARTY AT THE BEACH BY MY HOUSE TONIGHT!!!” Jared yelled in the cafeteria during lunch. There were a lot of hoops and hollers from the kids in sitting eating lunch. From what I heard from Leah, Jared always throws the best party’s when his parents are out of town. I haven’t really been social lately and a party was the last thing I wanted to go to. “You guys coming tonight?” Jared asked sitting back down.

“Of course we are.” Seth said.

“I don’t feel like doing anything tonight.” I said poking at my mashed potatoes.

“Oh come on Dest, you need to get out and enjoy something fun. It’s been three weeks since you’ve done anything exciting.” Kim said.

“Because I haven’t felt like it and I do get out.” I said looking at her.

“Yeah only to patrol, school and errands. That’s not fun.” She said.

“It’s fun to me.” I retaliated. “If I don’t wanna go I don’t have to. Nobody is going to make me do a damn thing.” I said standing up and grabbing my tray to throw it away. I knew someone was going to end up following me so I rushed out of the cafeteria and ran to the bathroom. I went into a stall and locked the door then lifted my feet up on the toilet so nobody would see them. As I sat on the toilet I heard the door squeak open and footsteps.

“Des, I know you’re in here. I can smell you.” Leah’s voice echoed through the bathroom. What was she doing here?

“What are you doing here?” I asked putting my feet on the floor. I unlocked the stall and walked out. She was leaning up against the sink.

“I was in the neighborhood and heard your guys’ conversation and I heard you run out so I came in the school to follow you.” She answered.

“You know being nosey will end up hurting you one day.” I said standing next to her.

“Eh I will heal.” She laughed. I tried to hold in a laugh but it didn’t work. Leah was my best friend in the entire world and she was the only person that could get me to laugh even when I didn’t want to. “So why don’t you wanna go to Jared’s party?” she asked. I knew this was coming. I sighed and sucked in a breath.

“Because I know that when I go to the party people are going to be looking at me and I don’t wanna be the pity party there. I have had enough pity on myself and I don’t need it from anyone else.” I said.

“I will be there. If anyone looks at you with pity I will bite their heads off. Plus there’s going to be alcohol.” She said winking at me. “Alcohol washes away every pain. Until you wake up the next morning and the only pain you can think of is the massive headache from your hangover.” She said. We both laughed at the thought of us having hangovers.

“You promise nobody will look at me?” I asked.

“I swear on our friendship.” She said. I smiled and hugged her. She hugged me back. “So are you going to go because I need someone to party with because Kim will be stuck with Jared all night.” She asked.

“I guess. I can’t just leave you hanging like that.” I said smiling. We walked out of the bathroom and everyone was heading to their next class. I said bye to her and headed toward my fifth period; English Lit. It was my favorite and best class. I have always been good at writing ever since I was real little. The rest of my classes seemed to fly by except P.E of course. We played volleyball and thankfully I was good at it. My team won by three points so Monday we didn’t have to run the laps like everyone else. I got re-dressed and the bell had already rung so I walked out to the parking lot. I saw everyone by the cars waiting on me I guess. I had gotten all my stress and anger out in gym so by the time I had gotten to them I was calmed down and relaxed. “Ok I have decided to go to the party, but if anybody there gives me and look or vibe of sympathy or pity I am leaving. I’m having a hard time with my own and I don’t need anyone else’s.” I said.

“YAY!” Kim said clapping her hands and smiling. “So what are you going to wear? You should wear a mini skirt with some heels. Or maybe wear a cocktail dress.” She went on and on asking what I was going to wear.

“Kimmie-cub we gotta go get the house ready.” Jared said pulling her toward his car. He opened the door for her and she got in. “You guys are coming over before to get everything set up right?” he asked the guys before he got in the drivers side.

“Yeah, sure.” Jake said.

“Sweet, see you then.” He said closing his door. They pulled out of the parking lot and headed home. We hung out with the rest of the pack and talked with them for a few. Several jokes later it started to drizzle a little so I decided that we should go home.

“We better get going. I gotta get ready and you guys gotta help Jared plus Kim and Leah will be frantic here shortly.” I said laughing to myself. Out of us three girls I was the least frantic when it came to stuff like this. I was a tomboy but I was also girly to but not so girly that if my hair got messed up anyway shape or form I would freak out but the type that liked to dress up girly.

“Yeah that’s true.” Quil said. I hopped off the car and hugged Quil, Embry, Seth and Jake. They were heading straight over to Jared’s while Paul was coming to the house for a little bit. We got in the car and headed for the house. When we pulled up to the house I pulled my hood up over my head and made a run for it. Once we were inside the warm house I dropped my bag on the floor.

“Uncle Billy, you home?’ I yelled through the house. Silence.

“Must be with Charlie or Sue.” Paul said. I turned to look at him. When my eyes looked at him I froze. He was wearing a white shirt that was now soaked thanks to the rain. I could see his absolutely perfect abs through it. His hair was sticking up from where he ran his fingers through it, it was wet as well.

“Des?” his voice snapped me out of my awe.

“Huh? What?” I asked.

“What were looking at?” he asked.

“You. Is that a problem?” I asked putting my hand on my hip and cocking it out to the side.

“No but may I ask why you were looking at me?” he asked crossing his arms.

“Because you’re my boyfriend and that gives me the right to stare at you anytime I want, but if it bothers you then I will never look at you again.” I said covering my eyes but leaving them cracked so I could find my way to my room.

“You’re funny you know that. You couldn’t go five minutes without looking at me.” He said following me.

“Hope you know that I go eight hours every night without looking at you.” I said opening my door and walking.

“Don’t you dream about me?” he asked, a smile heard in his voice.

“My dreams are for me and me only.” I said smiling.

“You can’t resist looking at me and my bod.” He said. I guess he was flexing his godly muscles because he groaned like he was trying to make them bigger.

“Oh yeah, try me.” I said standing in the middle of my room with my hands still over my eyes. I didn’t hear him move or anything but the next second his hands were on mine trying to move them from my face. He moved them out of the way but I closed my eyes before I could see him. I had a smile on my face the entire time. I felt him put his fingers on my eye lids and tried to open them with his fingers. I giggled and stepped back trying to get away from him. That didn’t work to well since I was to close to my bed. I fell landing on top of it pulling him down with me. He landed on top of me making me grunt. Now that I was a wolf I wasn’t as vulnerable. My eyes remained closed, even when he started kissing my neck. I opened my eyes for a second to look around the room to adjust them. Before I knew it his eyes were looking in mine.

“Told you, you couldn’t last.” He smiled.

“You cheated.” I said wrapping my arms around his neck.

“It’s not my fault your eyes close slowly.” He said pecking my lips.

“Still you cheated.” I said laughing. We started kissing which led to a make out session which led to us starting to take off each other’s clothes. I knew that we had to get ready for the party but I didn’t want this to end but it had to. I moved my lips and started pushing on his chest. “We gotta get ready.” I said gasping for air.

“It can wait.” He said kissing my neck.

“Paul. No.” I said giggling. “I mean it; let me get ready or no more sex for five years.” I said. He stopped but looked at me.

“You plan on being with me for five more years?” he asked.

“Weeeeellll…yeah I was planning on it.” I said running my hands through his hair. He just stared at me and got this look in his eyes that I could place my finger on. “Can I get ready now?” I asked.

“You can…but first I have a question for you.” He said.

“Ok, shoot.” I said.

“Where do you see us in the future?” he asked bluntly. He didn’t hesitate or anything.

“Well…hopefully we will still be together. Married probably, with a couple Paul juniors running around, happy, running with the pack still.” When I finished he had a smile that nearly went from his left ear to his right. “Why do you ask?” I asked.

“No reason. Just wondering.” He said getting up. I grunted trying to stand up.

“Ok, I am going to take a shower and then I am going to get ready. By that time Leah and Kim should be on their way.” I said.

“Can I join you?” he asked rubbing his hand down my waist and pulled me toward him.

“No, you gotta get ready and get over to Jared’s to help him get ready.” I said.

“Ok fine. See you there?” he asked looking up at me with his big brown eyes.

“Definitely.” I said.

“Ok.” He said kissing my stomach and left. I walked to the bathroom and took what close I had left on off and got in. I did everything I needed to do and wrapped a towel around me then walked back to my room with my clothes in my hand that I put in my hamper. I dried off then put a bra and a pair of undies on then started looking for something to wear. About ten minutes later there was a knock at the door and I heard Leah yelling my name. I stuck my head out into the hall way.

“IT’S OPEN!!” I yelled then walked back to my closet. Second later they were in my room, freaking of course.

“What are you going to wear? How are you doing your hair? Can I borrow this?” these were the questions that were asked in a matter of five minutes. There were clothes every where, makeup was covering almost every surface, perfume and hairspray filled there air and music covered the rest of it. We finally got our outfits together and did out make up and hair. We then looked in the mirror to fix our clothes. I used jewelry but they didn’t, they thought it was too much. I didn’t care though because I felt naked when I didn’t have any on.

“We look hot.” Leah said.

“We’re like…playboy hot.” Kim said winking in the mirror.

“I don’t know about playboy hot but we are hot.” I laughed

“Ok, we better get going.” I said.

“Let’s go get this party started!” Kim yelled. Leah and I bother whooped and hollered. My phone started ringing at we made out way out the door. ‘I wanna make you holler and hear you scream my name, I'll give you rules to follow, so you can play my game’. It was Paul’s ringtone and every time he would call me I would start laughing.

“Ello?’ I asked picking up the phone.

“Hey babe. Are you guys on your way?” he asked. I could hear Jared in the background yelling at Quil and Seth on where to put the speakers.

“Yeah…just walked out the door.” I answered.

“Cool, is Leah driving you?” He questioned.

“No we decided to walk. We should be there in maybe about five or ten minutes.”

“Ok, so…what are you wearing?” he asked quietly, probably making sure the guys couldn’t hear him.

“You will see when I get there.”

“Damn it…ha ok. See you when you get here.” He said.

“Ok, bye.” I hung up the phone and put it in my back pocket. I looked over and the girls were staring at me. “What?”

“You didn’t say ‘I love you’ or ‘I love you too’ or anything.” Kim said.

“I know. We haven’t said it to yet.” I said.

“Why not?” Leah asked.

“I don’t know. It just hasn’t come out yet.” I answered.

“The two of you are weird you know that right?” she asked.

“Aww why thank you Leah dear.” I laughed. She and Kim joined in with my laughter. We joked for the rest of the way. When we got there, there were already people there drinking, dancing and the music was blaring. Kim spotted Jared and ran off to be with his of course so Leah and I linked arms then made our way toward the packed beach. I tried looking for Paul but when I couldn’t find him we went to where the alcohol was and got a drink. After we did a couple shots Quil came around with a tray of jello shots. “HEY! WHERE’S PAUL!?” I yelled over the music.

“HELPING JAKE WITH THE KEGS!” he answered. I nodded and took a couple jello shots. One for me and one for Leah. The party was just now beginning.

~Paul’s P.O.V~

“Let’s put the kegs over there.” Jake said. We had been here for about two hours helping Jared. I called Destiny a few minutes ago and she said they were on their way over now. I couldn’t wait to see what she was wearing. Several people had already arrived and were drinking. Embry was in charge of the music so he turned the music up.

“Hey Jake. I was wondering if I could talk to you man.” I said after we put the kegs together.

‘Sure, what’s on your mind?” he asked.

“Well Destiny and I had a conversation earlier about the future. I asked her where she saw us in the future and she said hopefully married, with kids and still in the pack.” I said nervously.

“Ok, what’s the problem then?”

“Well you and Destiny are like brother and sister.” He looked at me waiting for me to continue. “Well I have been thinking…about popping the question after graduation and I was wondering if it would be alright with you and Billy. Before Tyler passed he gave me permission to marry her but I just wanted to ask you.” I said really fast. He looked like he was thinking about it for a few minutes then sighed.

“Well there really isn’t a whole lot I can do if you wanna marry her. If you would have asked me that a few months ago I would have beat you to a bloody pulp for thinking about it but ever since she’s moved here you have changed. I wouldn’t mind having you as a part of the family.” He said. I swallowed when he said ‘beat you to a bloody pulp’ because before she moved here I wasn’t everyone’s favorite person to be around. I was with a different girl every week. I never committed to anything until she came around. She has changed me completely and I honestly don’t have a complaint about it.

“Oh thanks man.” I said. He patted my back and laughed.

“No problem.” He snickered.

“Yo dude, Destiny and Leah just got here and they look SMOKIN’.” Quil said walking over to us.

“Did you just say Leah and smokin in the same sentence?” Jake asked.

“Yeah...go see for yourself.” He said. Jake and I looked at each other and headed to where he saw them. Quil stood behind us looking in with us. I looked around the beach and found the two of them doing jello shots. He was right, they were smokin. None of us had seen Leah like this so it was strange but my eyes instantly locked on Destiny. It was like the light from the fire was illuminating her like she was an angel or something.

“Dude she is smokin. I didn’t know she had that kind of a body.” Jake said gawking at Leah.

“I told you so.” Quil said nudging us from behind.

“Just think…little Claire will look like that soon.” I said turning to look at him.

“Oh shit…if she looks like that I won’t be able to keep my hands off her.” He said. Jake and I started laughing. Imprinting has the weirdest impact on us.

~Destiny’s P.O.V~

About ten shots later Leah and I switched to mixed drinks. “This is so much fun.” I said in her ear.

“I know.” We got quiet and bopped to the music that was blasting through the speakers when I heard a familiar laugh. I motioned to Leah to follow me and we headed toward the laughter. We ended up walking by the path that led up to Jared’s and saw Quil, Paul and Jake laughing.

“Paul.” I squealed running over to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his around my waist and pulled me toward him.

“Hey, I see you already have a drink.” He said obviously smelling the alcohol on my breath.

“Yeah, so what do you think of our outfits since you asked on the phone.” I said taking a step back. I did a little spin and took a sip of my drink. He had pure lust in his eyes when I looked at him again.

“You are smokin’ babe.” He said staring at me.

“Thank you, thank you very much.” I said doing a poor impersonation of Elvis.

“Ok, so who’s ready to dance?” Leah asked.

“Mmm…Let’s go!” I yelled grabbing her hand then pulling her toward the large group of people that were dancing by Embry. She found some guy to dance with while I danced with Paul.

He says he wants you, he says he needs you
It's real talk, then why not make him wait for you
If he really wants you, if he really needs you
Really got to have you
Take your time and feel him out
When he's a good boy
I mean a really, really good boy
Why not let him lay with you
That's when you give it to him good

(Chorus)
Dip it low
Pick it up slow
Roll it all around
Poke it out like your back broke
Pop, pop, pop that thing
I'ma show you how to make your man say "Oh!"
Dip it low
Pick it up slow
Roll it all around
Poke it out like your back broke
Pop, pop, pop that thing
I'ma show you how to make your man say "Oh!"

You're getting bold, he's growing cold
It's just the symptoms of young love growing old
You think it's time
And you're thinking of leaving, but give it time
It's late at night, he's coming home
Meet him at the door with nothing on
Take him by the hand, let him know what's on
If you understand me, y'all come on

All my ladies wind it up
If you know just how to move
All my fellas jump behind
And show her what you wanna do

All my ladies wind it up
If you know just how to move
All my fellas jump behind
And show her what you wanna do

(Chorus)
Dip it low
Pick it up slow
Roll it all around
Poke it out like your back broke
Pop, pop, pop that thing
I'ma show you how to make your man say "Oh!"
Dip it low
Pick it up slow
Roll it all around
Poke it out like your back broke
Pop, pop, pop that thing
I'ma show you how to make your man say "Oh!"

We can move if you wanna
We can move if you wanna
We can move if you wanna
We can move...

(Chorus)
Dip it low
Pick it up slow
Roll it all around
Poke it out like your back broke
Pop, pop, pop that thing
I'ma show you how to make your man say "Oh!"
Dip it low
Pick it up slow
Roll it all around
Poke it out like your back broke
Pop, pop, pop that thing
I'ma show you how to make your man say "Oh!"
Dip it low
Pick it up slow
Roll it all around
Poke it out like your back broke
Pop, pop, pop that thing
I'ma show you how to make your man say "Oh!"
Dip it low
Pick it up slow
Roll it all around
Poke it out like your back broke
Pop, pop, pop that thing
I'ma show you how to make your man say "Oh!"

By the time the song ended I had grinded Paul into a boner. His face was so red that he looked like a tomato. “Sorry.” I said quietly.

“It’s ok.” He said planting a kiss on my lips. He pulled back to look at my face.

“Destiny, I’m going to get a drink, want another one?” Leah asked.

“Uh yeah. Be right back.” I said moving away from Paul.

“Don’t you think you’ve had too many?” he asked keeping a hold of my arm. At this point is was pretty tipsy since I had about twelve shots, eight jello shots, seven mixed drinks, and a couple sips of his beer.

“It’s the point of having alcohol at a party to get people drunk now let go of me.” I said.

“Destiny, you need to slow down.” He said pulling me toward him.

“NO I DON’T!!!!” I yelled. “I DIDN’T WANNA COME TO THE PARTY IN THE FIRST PLACE BUT EVERYONE KEPT BUGGING ME ABOUT IT. THE ONLY REASON WHY I CAME WAS BECAUSE THE ALCOHOL WILL HELP GET RID OF MEMORIES I DON’T WANT. SO THANK YOU FOR RUINING THE PARTY FOR ME!!” I yelled using my werewolf strength to pull my arm free. I turned toward Leah and ran after her. We stayed together the rest of the night and partied together. At some point we had stolen several bottles of vodka and started walking down the beach. We sat down on the sand facing the beach. It had been about an hour since I had seen or talked to Paul. The party was about three hundred feet away from us. It was far enough that we were out of view but close enough for us to ear the music and the fire crackle. We finished the bottles of vodka and unfortunately passing out on the beach. I guess the memories don’t go away when you’re drunk.