Status: Living happily ever after...well as happy as you can get with werewolves and vampires.

Oh Yeah...It's Hot

11. Best friends forever...NOT

I woke up to the sound of waves crashing against rocks. ‘Why do I hear waves?’ I thought to myself. I opened my eyes and saw sand, tons of sand. I sat up quickly and looked around. I was still on the beach; nobody had bothered looking for me. I looked over and saw Leah was still asleep. “Leah.” I said shaking her lightly. She moved a little bit and turned over. She has sand covering her face, arms, legs and hair. I probably looked the same.

“What?” she asked tiredly.

“We passed out on the beach.” I said. She sat up and looked out at the water. We sat in silence for a minute then I started laughing.

“I can’t believe we slept out here the whole night.” I said laughing. She joined in with my laughs. I started wiping the sand off of me and she did the same.

“I can’t believe nobody looked for us.” She said.

“Whatever. It was fun without them.” I said trying to stand up. The sun was starting to raise casting light onto the beach. The sun hit my eyes and I felt the migraine. “Oh my god, I have a hang over.” I said covering my eyes.

“Yeah me too.” She stood up and walked to the water and wiped the sand off of her.

“That’s a good idea.” I said copying her. Once we were sand free the sun was in the sky and my hang over was making me feel like crap. I was sore, my head hurt, the sun wasn’t helping any and all I wanted to do was sleep the rest of the day. We grabbed our shoes and started to head for the road. We linked arms for support so we didn’t stumble or something. We were giggling during the walk. “Should we go to Sam and Emily’s or not? Cause the guys will be there and I am so pissed at them.” I said as we stepped over a tree.

“We can still go. We just won’t talk to them.” She said.

“That’s true. But maybe we should take a shower and change first.” I said.

“Yeah. Meet you in twenty?” she asked.

“Ok. See you in twenty.” I said. We hugged then went our separate ways. When I got to the house Billy was sitting on the front porch with Charlie. “Hey Uncle Billy, Officer Swan.” I said walking up to the porch.

“Hey kiddo. What happened to you last night?” Billy asked. I didn’t know what to say because Charlie was a cop and the pack and I weren’t supposed to be drinking because we aren’t twenty-one.

“Uh camped out with Leah on the beach.” I said. It wasn’t a lie because I practically did camp out and I was with Leah. Charlie looked at me as if he were going to catch me in a lie but I wasn’t lying I just didn’t tell them every detail.

“Did you have fun?” Charlie asked.

“Yeah. We watched the sun set and sat by a fire and talked till we fell asleep. Speaking of Leah I am supposed to be meeting up with her in a few. We’re gonna go over to Sam and Emily’s.” I said walking toward the front door.

“Ok. Nice to see you in one piece.” Billy said.

“Yeah. Are the guys over there by any chance?” I asked before opening it.

“Yea, I think so.”

“Ok.” I walked through the door and headed to the bathroom and instantly stripped then got in the shower. I felt so clean when I was done. I wrapped a towel around me and ran across the hall to my room. I put the clothes in a hamper and sighed. “I really need to do laundry tomorrow.” I said to myself. I closed the lid and changed into a bra and underwear. The sun reflected off of something in my room and hit me directly in the eyes making me remember I had a head ache. I grabbed a couple Tylenol and hoped that would work. I started going through my room looking for clothes to wear, not really caring if they matched or not.

When I got dressed I grabbed my cell phone and my sunglasses so the sun that was out today wouldn’t make my headache worse. Uncle Billy and Charlie were still on the front porch talking when I walked out past them. “By Uncle Billy. See you later.” I said running down the drive way to the road. I ran until I met up with Leah down the street from Sam and Emily’s. “Uncle Billy says that the guys ARE there.” I said.

“That’s what mom said too.” She said. Sue was like a mom to me since Leah and I were best friends. When we got to Sam and Emily’s we didn’t even have to knock because Sam heard us walking up obviously because he told us to come in. We walked in; I still had my sunglasses on. We walked into the living room to sit but the guys were there taking up every inch of space. Paul looked up at me and patted his lap but I ignored him and sat on the floor with Leah. He gave me a weird look but I looked away.

“You girls hungry?” Emily asked walking in from the kitchen.

“Ew please don’t mention eating.” I said. She giggled and walked to the kitchen. We sat around for a little bit till I started to get this sick feeling in my stomach so I went outside and sat on the back porch. The fresh air helped a little but a sick feeling was still there, it was more of a feeling that something bad was going to happen. I walked back into the house holding my stomach. “Hey I’m gonna go home for a little bit, I’m not feeling to good.”

“I’ll give you a ride. I’m supposed to be going to see Nessie anyways.” Jake said standing up and walking toward me. We said bye to everyone and headed out to his car. The entire ride home I couldn’t shake the feeling. Jake dropped me off at the house and I went straight to my room and took a nap hoping it would go away.

~Leah’s P.O.V~

He looked so cute today. I know that I would never have a shot with him but it won’t hurt to dream about him. Think about kissing his lips, rubbing my hands over his body. Destiny is so lucky she gets him. I mean look at him, Paul is just so fine. I know it’s wrong to be friends with her for the wrong reasons but I figured if I get close to her I could some how pull them away from each other. I could get on Paul’s good side so I can show him the real me and not the me that everyone else thinks is me. On the outside I seem like a cold hearted bitch to people but really I am nice. Don’t get me wrong Destiny is a great girl and a good person but I think she carries too much of a load for Paul. I will think of something to pull them apart. A few hours later the gang was talking about the party last night while I contemplated a plan in my head. Paul looked like he was frustrated about something. It was probably about Destiny because when she walked in she didn’t sit with him. He was probably wondering what she did. He looked at me and I quickly looked away to Jared and Kim. I saw him get up and leave through the back door.

“What’s wrong with him?” Seth asked. Everyone shrugged.

“I’ll go talk to him.” I said standing up.

“Since when do you care about Paul and his feeling?” Quil asked.

“Since he is Destiny’s boyfriend who happens to be my best friend.” I said walking after him. I saw him slip away into the trees beyond the yard. I followed him into the trees. “Paul!” I said getting his attention. He turned and looked shocked when he saw me following him. This was my chance to make it known how I feel about him. No Destiny. No pack. Just us.

~Paul’s P.O.V~

A few hours later I had started to think about why Destiny was upset with me. I don’t know what I had done to make her mad at me. Maybe Leah had told her about my past relationships last night. They were together all night talking. I walked into the woods to be alone so I could have time to think about it. I thought I was alone till I heard my name. “Paul!” I turned to see Leah running toward me. Leah, coming after me?

“What do you want Leah?” I asked turning around to continue walking.

“I was just seeing if you were ok.” She said catching up to me.

“I’m fine.” I said.

“You don’t seem it.” She replied.

“Since when do you care about how other people feel?” I asked annoyed. I just wanted to be by myself for a few minutes.

“I’ve always cared, my bitchy attitude is just a front. So now why don’t you tell me what’s on your mind.” She answered.

“Destiny. She seemed mad at me earlier when the two of you first got here.”

“She was fine before we got there.” She said.

“She didn’t ask or say anything to you last night did she?”

“Uh not that I can remember.”

“So you don’t know why she is mad at me?” I asked leaning up against a tree.

“No, why she is mad at you I have no idea. I mean your sweet, funny, great looking.” She said taking a step closer to me, she was really close.

“Leah. What the hell are you doing?” I asked stepping back from her.

“Why are you so worried about her? She is nothing but a burden.” She was really starting to creep me out.

“Leah what is wrong with you?” I asked. Before she could answer she launched herself at me. Her lips were on mine a second later. I was so shocked that I didn’t know what to do. I pushed her off of me completely pissed. “WHAT THE FUCK LEAH!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!?” I yelled at her backing away.

“Oh come on, you know you liked it. Don’t deny it.” She said looking at me.

“I am denying it because I didn’t like it. You know I am with Destiny.” I said pissed off.

“Why be with her when you can be with me?”

“You are supposed to be her best friend, why would you betray her like that?” I asked.

“I was only her “friend” so I could get to you. I’ve liked you ever since I changed. Now that she came into the picture she has ruined everything.” She said.

“Leah, I am with Destiny, she is my imprint not you. I love her, not you.” I explained.

“Then why haven’t you said it?” she asked.

“Said what?’

“Why haven’t you told her I love you?”

“Because I plan on doing it when I propose to her.” I snapped. She looked at me.

“You’re going to propose to her?” she asked in a cocky tone.

“Yes after graduation.” I said. A hurt expression flashed over her face. “If you try to ruin it Leah I swear on every fiber of my being you will pay.” I said turning and walking back to the house. She didn’t follow me. When I got back to Sam and Emily’s I was still pissed that she did that and the guys could tell something was wrong. “You guys are never going to believe what happened.” I said walking into the living room. I started to explain everything that happened.

~Destiny’s P.O.V~

I woke up a few hours later and my head ache was gone along with the weird feeling in my stomach. I looked at my phone and it was just after five, I decided that I would go back over to Sam and Emily’s. I had gotten over being mad at Paul for leaving me on the beach last night. I put my shoes on and jogged to their house. When I got to the end of their driveway I could hear Paul yelling about something. As I got closer I could hear his conversation, something about Leah. As I stood on the front porch I listened in.

“Leah did what?” Kim asked.

“Kissed me. In the woods.” Paul said. The feeling came back. Why would Leah kiss him when she knows we are together?

“Why would she do that?” Quil asked as if reading my mind.

“She said that she was in love with me. I told her that I was with Destiny but she got mad and said that I would have been with her if Destiny hadn’t come along.”

“I thought her and Dest are best friends?” Quil asked.

“According to her she said she was only friends with Destiny because she wanted to get with me. She asked me all these questions like why I haven’t said I love you to her but I said I planned on doing it.” He said. I looked through the front screen door which lead to the kitchen and the back screen door. I could see Leah walking toward the house. Anger filled my body as I slammed the screen door opened. I looked in the living room and saw all the guys look at me. “Destiny, calm down.” Paul said as he and the guys walked over to me cautiously.

“Stay back because I don’t wanna hurt you. That bitch is going to pay.” I said walking toward the back door. I kicked it open almost knocking it off the hinges. Leah saw me and froze in the middle of the back yard. I bolted off the porch and ran toward her. I jumped in the air and tackled her to the ground. Snarls and growls were heard as we clawed, punched, kicked, and smacked at each other. I could hear Sam in the background telling the guys to stay put that this was between the two of us. She kicked me off of her and I flew backwards shifting in midair. She also shifted and growled at me. I charged at her and my first wolf fight began. Leah made a swipe at me face and I tried to bite her. She connected with my head and I fell to the ground but got right back up. She turned and took off running into the woods. “COME BACK HERE YOU COWARD!” I yelled chasing after her. I caught up with her and grabbed her back leg in my mouth and slammed her to the ground. I pinned her to the ground and started clawing at her. Before I knew it she was covered in blood and so were my paws. She kicked me off of her and I slammed into a tree. My back snapped loudly and I howled out in pain. While I lay on the forest floor my back healed and so did some of her wounds. We both stood up and we were in our human forms. I ran toward her and she ran toward me but we were stopped before we could get close to each other. Seth and Quil were holding her back while Paul and Embry held me. Sam stood in between us. “IN CASE YOU HAVEN’T NOTICED OUR FRIENDSHIP IS OVER!!” I yelled struggling against Paul and Embry’s arms.

“I WAS ONLY FAKING TO BE YOUR FRIEND TO GET TO PAUL! IF YOU HADN’T SHOWN UP PAUL WOULD BE MINE, BUT YOU HAD TO RUIN IT YOU STUPID BITCH!” she yelled.

“WHATEVER! YOU’RE JUST MAD BECAUSE SAM LEFT YOU FOR EMILY WHO IS WAY BETTER THAN YOU! YOU’RE AFRAID THAT SETH AND EMBRY ARE GOING TO IMPRINT BEFORE YOU AND YOU WILL BE LEFT ALONE, WHICH WILL HAPPEN BECAUSE WHO WOULD WANT TO BE WITH YOU. BY IMPRINT OR NOT!?” I yelled. She stopped fighting against them then turned and ran off. “THAT’S RIGHT!! RUN OFF LIKE THE COWARD YOU ARE!” I yelled. Seth ran after her a few seconds later. I was still shaking but it calmed down after a few minutes. When I was calm Paul took of his shirt and handed it to me to put on since I was naked. I turned and started walking back to Sam and Emily’s.

“What happened to you?” Emily asked when she saw me in Paul’s shirt and with scratches and a few bruises. Kim ran into the kitchen and gasped when she saw me.

“Not now hon, she got into a fight with Leah.” Sam whispered in her ear. She gasped and looked at me.

“Come with me. I will find you some clothes to wear.” She said grabbing my hand. Kim followed us to her and Sam’s room. Once we were in there Emily started looking for some clothes while Kim and I sat on the bed.

“So what happened?” Kim asked.

“She kissed Paul in the woods.” I said.

“Yeah we know that but I mean…the fight. What happened?”

“I confronted her. She said that if I hadn’t come along she and Paul would be together. She said that I ruined everything.” I said looking at her. Emily came over and handed me clothes. I stood up while the two of them turned to face the other side of the room.

“What did you say?” Kim asked.

“I told her that she and Paul would’ve never been together in the first place. And that she was only mad because she lost Sam to Emily who was way better than her and that she was afraid that Seth and Embry were going to imprint before her and she would be all alone. Then I said who would wanna be with her bitchy ass anyways. Imprint or not.” I said putting the clothes on.

“I just can’t believe she did this.” Kim said.

“Thank you for letting me borrow the clothes Emily.” I said.

“No problem. Now lets go take a look at that cut on your head.” She said touching my forehead. I nodded and the three of us walked out. I and sat on the couch next to Paul while Kim sat on Jared’s lap and Emily got the first aid kit. I looked at Paul and he seemed distraught.

“Are you mad at me?” he asked.

“Why would I be mad you? You didn’t kiss her back did you?” I asked.

“No no no no no.” He said frantically.

“Then why would I be mad at you?” I asked confused.

‘I’m talking about earlier this morning. You hardly even looked at me.” He said.

“Oh I was upset but now I’m over it.”

“About what?” he asked.

“I spent the night on the beach.” I said.

“Is that why you were upset?”

“No because you didn’t look for me.” I answered. Emily came in front of me and sat on the edge of the coffee table and started cleaning my gash. It was pretty deep and as she cleaned it I grabbed Paul’s hand and squeezed.

“How do you know I didn’t look for you?” he asked.

“Because if you would have looked for me you would have found me and I wouldn’t have woken up on the beach.” I said. Emily put a alcohol pad on it to disinfect it and it hurt like a son of a bitch. I hissed in pain and jerked back.

“Ow EM! Just because I’m a werewolf don’t mean it doesn’t hurt.” I said. Everyone started laughing.

“Well sorry. Now, hold still.” She said pulling my head back toward her. I glared at her playfully.

“I’m sorry.” Paul said.

“It’s cool. I’m over it.” I said grabbing his hand with my other one. Emily finished fixing me up and gave me a couple Tylenol then put everything away. I took the Tylenol and Paul kissed my forehead. “Ok so now what?” I asked looking around at everyone.

“Now what what?” Quil asked.

“What do we do now?” I asked.

“Oh I don’t know. It’s almost five, we could go see a movie then grab something to eat.” He said looking around.

“That sounds fun. Em, Sam do you guys wanna go?” I asked. Sam looked at Emily who smiled.

“Sure, that means I don’t have to cook tonight.” Emily said smiling.

“Ok, let’s go.” Jared said. We all got up and headed out to the cars. We headed toward Port Angeles to see a movie. Once we got there we couldn’t decided which movie to see. The guys were arguing over which movie to see while us girls stood aside and watched.

“HEY!” I yelled. They all turned to look at me. “What ever happened to ladies choice?” I asked as the three of us crossed our arms over our chests.

“Ok, fine. What do you guys wanna see?” Sam asked. We looked at each other for a minute.

“Alice in Wonderland.” We said at the same time. We all loved Johnny Depp so of course we picked it.

“Man…do we have to see that?” Quil wined.

“Only if you wanna eat afterwards.” I said. His eyes budged out.

“Ok, Alice in wonderland it is.” He said. We walked to the ticket booth and waited in line.

“May I help you?” the young girl in the booth asked.

“Uh yeah, eight for Alice in Wonderland” Sam said paying for the tickets. He handed us each a ticket and we entered the theater. Of course the guys wanted to get snacks before the movie. They each got large popcorns, large drinks, some candy and hot dogs. We girls got small everything except we got medium slushies. We walked to where the movie was playing and found our seats. We decided to sit in the middle directly in front of the screen. After we got comfortable the previews started. They were my favorite part of the movie experience. The three of us talked about which movies we wanted to see, which ones looked like they sucked, etc. Soon the movie started. We munched, we slurped, and we giggled and laughed. Before the movie ended we started to hear snoring. We turned to see that the guys had fallen asleep with their feet up on the chairs. I had the perfect plan to wake them up. “Hey, on the count of three knock their feet off but stay facing forward.” I said to them. They smiled and nodded their heads in agreement. We waited a few seconds. “One. Two. Three.” Then we knocked their feet off of the chairs. We heard them gasp and mutter. We knew it woke them up. We started giggling uncontrollably.

“What’s so funny?” Sam asked leaning in between me and Emily.

“The movie. Weren’t you watching it?” Emily asked.

“Uh yeah.” He answered. We knew it was a lie. He sat back and we started laughing to ourselves quietly. After we calmed down we watched the rest of the movie till it ended. We stood up and stretched our arms and legs which mine had fallen asleep.

“That was such a good movie.” I said to Kim and Emily as we walked out of the theater arm in arm the guys behind us.

“I know. I liked the party when Johnny did his victory dance at the end.” Kim said.

“That was so cool. I like the part when they were at the tea party.” Emily said.

“I liked when Johnny made Alice the dress when she was in the tea pot hiding. The clothes in it were really creative.” I said.

“I know, I loved the dress she wore when she was at the Queen of Hearts castle. It was so cute.” Kim said. I agreed.

“Ok so where are we going to eat?” Quil asked.

“How about that place over there? It’s karaoke night.” Paul said. We all agreed and went over to the bar and grill. We got a table and placed our orders. While we were eating the karaoke started. A couple people got up there and sang while we all danced and even sang along with them.

“Ok, who is going to be our next victim?” the owner asked.

“DESTINY!” Kim yelled. Everyone started pointing to me and saying my name and encouraging me to go up. I protested because the last time I had sang was when my dad passed away. They kept chanting my name.

“FINE!” I yelled smiling and standing up. Everyone clapped and cheered for me. I looked through the songs to pick one out. I finally found one and I knew I had to sing it. I got up on stage and the lights turned off. Soft music started playing for a few minutes then the lights blasted on and I started singing.

When I, thought I knew you
Thinking, that you were true
I guess I, I couldn't trust
'Cause your bluff time is up
'Cause I've had enough
You were, there by my side
Always, down for the ride
But your, joy ride just came down in flames
'Cause your greed sold me out of shame, mmhmm

After all of the stealing and cheating
You probably think that I hold resentment for you
But, uh uh, oh no, you're wrong
'Cause if it wasn't for all that you tried to do
I wouldn't know just how capable I am to pull through
So I wanna say thank you

'Cause it makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
It makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter
Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
Makes me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter

Oh, ohh

Never, saw it coming
All of, your backstabbing
Just so, you could cash in
On a good thing before I realized your game
I heard, you're going around
Playing, the victim now
But don't, even begin
Feeling I'm the one to blame
'Cause you dug your own grave, uh huh

After all of the fights and the lies
Yes you wanted to harm me but that won't work anymore
Uh, no more, oh no, it's over
'Cause if it wasn't for all of your torture
I wouldn't know how to be this way now, and never back down
So I wanna say thank you

'Cause it makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
Makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter
Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
It makes me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter

When the song ended everyone started to cheer and clap. I took a bow and hopped off the stage. When I got back to my table Paul gave me a kiss and everyone else hugged me.

“I guess that song was about Leah?” Kim laughed.

“How did you know?” I asked.

“Lucky guess.” Everyone went up there and sang eventually. Paul was the last one to go up there. He sang a song by Justin Bieber called One Time.

Me, plus you
(One time, I'ma tell you one time)
Me, plus you
(One time, I'ma tell you one time)
(One time) one time, (One time) one time

When I met you girl my heart went knock knock
Now them butterflies in my stomach wont stop stop
and even thought it's a struggle love is all we got
so we gonna keep keep climbin till the mountain top

your world is my world
And my fight is your fight
my breath is your breath
And your heart and now I've got my

[Chorus]
One love, My one heart, My one life for sure
Let me tell you one time
(girl I love, girl I love you)
I'ma tell you one time
(girl I love, girl I love you)
and I'll be your one guy
You'll be my number one girl
Always making time for you
I'ma tell you one time
(girl I love, girl I love you)
I'ma tell you one time
(girl I love, girl I love you)

You look so deep
You no that it humbles me
You by my side and troubles them dont trouble me
Many have called but the chosen is you
Whatevery you want shawty I'll give it to you

Your world is my world
And my fight is your fight
my breath is your breath
And your heart and now I've got my

[Chorus]
One love, My one heart, My one life for sure
Let me tell you one time
(girl I love, girl I love you)
I'ma tell you one time
(girl I love, girl I love you)
And I'ma your one, guy
You'll be my number 1 girl
Always makin time for you
I'ma tell you one time
(girl I love, girl I love you)
I'ma tell you one time
(girl I love, girl I love you)

Shawty right there
Shes got everything I need
And I'ma tell her one time
(One time, one time)
Give you everything you need, down to my last dime
She makes me happy, I know where I'll be
Right by your side cause she is the one

[Chorus]
And girl you're My one love
My one heart my one life for sure
Let me tell you one time
(girl I love, girl I love you)
I'ma tell you one time
(girl I love, girl I love you)
and I'll be your one, guy
You'll be my number 1 girl always makin' time for you
I'ma tell you one time (one time)
I'ma tell you one time (one time)

Me, plus you. (I'ma tell you one time)
Me, plus you
(One time, I'ma tell you one time)
Me, plus you
(One time, I'ma tell you one time)
(One time) one time, (One time) one time

The entire time he was singing he was staring at me. He sang it just for me. He got off the stage and walked over to me and I ran up to him and kissed him. We broke apart and walked back to the table. “Let’s get out of here.” Kim said. We grabbed our to-go boxes and headed back to the cars then headed home. I decided to stay the night with Paul since Billy was home; if you know what I mean.