Status: Living happily ever after...well as happy as you can get with werewolves and vampires.

Oh Yeah...It's Hot

12. Girl's Day Out

It’s been a few months since Leah and I have talked and seen each other. The only time we are around each other is when we have to patrol but we really don’t have a say so in the matter. Jake found out what she had done and nearly ripped her head off. Since Leah is a part of his pack she had to do patrol for two weeks. I don’t think that it was long enough but I didn’t get to make the decision. The whole choosing whose pack to be in confused me. If we all ran patrols together, spent everyday together and everything then why were there two. Leah, Paul and Embry were in Jake’s. Seth Jared and Quil were in Sam’s. Me I was in neither. I didn’t want to choose sides so I didn’t see the point in it. Time has past and everything was covered in snow, it was cold, and beautiful. It’s been a while since I had seen snow. The first big snow we had I slept outside in a tent. I know, I know it wasn’t the smartest thing to do but I have a 108 degree body temp so it really didn’t bother me even though the guys thought I was nuts. It’s almost Christmas time and I still hadn’t gotten anybody anything because I didn’t know what to get everyone. I was thinking about getting Emily gift cards for stuff in the kitchen, Kim a couple shopping gift cards; I could get Jake, Quil and Embry some hacky sacks since they have tons of them. But for everyone else I had no idea. Maybe gift cards for some restaurants. Ha. I have no idea. I already had gifts for Billy; fishing wire, some hooks, coupons for bate and other stuff for fishing. I even got him DVDs of past Mariners games. He was always the easiest to shop for every year. “Hey do you wanna go Christmas shopping?” I asked Kim and Emily on the phone. We usually have three way conversations when we needed to do something.

“Sure. I was heading to Port Angeles today anyways. Still have to finish my shopping.” Emily said.

“I still haven’t gotten Jared anything.” Kim said.

“Yeah I’m in the same water you are. The only person I already got presents for is Billy but that’s because he is always easy to shop for. Fishing stuff and Mariners stuff.” I laughed.

“Well when do you guys want to meet up?” Emily asked.

“Uh I can be ready in twenty minutes. Paul is here with Jake working on something in the garage but I can leave him here. I’m just finishing up my laundry then I will get dressed and head over there.” I said.

“I can head over now.” Kim said.

“Ok, I will see you guys in twenty-five.” I said.

“Ok, I am on the way Em.”

“Ok, see you in a bit Kimmie.”

“Bye guys.” I hung up the phone and finished folding my clothes. I put them away and started getting dressed. Even if I was a werewolf and never got cold I still had to dress like a normal person because normal people don’t wear short and tank tops in snow.

When I got dressed I put my wallet, cell phone, and a few other things in my bag and headed toward the door. I wanted to let Paul and Jake know that I was leaving so I headed out to the garage. “Hey guys.” I said walking in.

“Hey babe. Where you off too?” Paul asked moving out from under the hood.

“Port Angeles. Kim, Emily and I are gonna go Christmas shopping I just wanted to let you guys know.” I said looking at the car. “What’s the situation with it?” I asked.

“I think it’s a short somewhere because it does not want to start. I thought it was a leaky pipe but I looked at all of them.” Jake said wiping his hand on a rag. I moved to the front of the car and examined it. I leaned toward it and sniffed. A familiar scent hit my nose as I took a deep breath. I bent over and looked at the bottom of the car and a bluish green tint to it. “Check the radiator, you might find your problem.” I said looking up at them they started looking at it then they looked at me.

“How did you know it was the radiator?” Paul asked.

“How do you know about cars period?” Jake asked.

“Dad’s best friend was a mechanic and I used to hang out with his daughter so I would occasionally hang out in his garage and I eventually picked up a few things or well a lot of things.” I said.

“Oh right. My girlfriend is a mechanic.” Paul said walking over to me.

“No I’m not.” I said laughing.

“Yeah you are. If you know about cars and how to fix them then you are.” Jake said smiling at me. “I guess it runs in the family.” He laughed.

“I guess I kinda am…I did help build a motorcycle.” I said.

“You’ve built a motorcycle?” Paul asked.

“Yeah, I got a picture of it. Wanna see?” I asked.

“Well duh.” Jake said. I pulled out my phone and searched for the picture.

“Here it is.” I said showing them the picture.

“Oh man. That is a sweet bike, you built that?” Jake asked taking my phone.

“Well not by myself of course but I did do most of it.” I said.

“Well what happened to it?” Paul asked.

“It’s back in LA. I got to keep it as a gift. It’s a Destiny original.” I laughed.

“You mean it’s yours?” Jake asked looking at me.

“Yea but I don’t really ride it.” I said taking my phone. “Hey if I brought it here, could you show me how to ride it?” I asked Jake.

“Sure that won’t be a problem.” He said.

“Sweet, I may even let you drive it sometime.” I replied.

“What about me?” Paul asked.

“Can you drive a motorcycle?” I asked looking at him.

“Yeah.” He answered. I looked at Jake for the true answer.

“Yeah he can.”

“Ok, you can too.” I said. They both high-fived each other. “Well I better get going since I was supposed to be at Sam and Emily’s ten minutes ago.

“Ok, see you later.”

“Bye.” I said giving Paul a kiss. “Bye Jake. Don’t forget to look at the radiator.” I reminded running out of the garage. Before I made it to the road Emily pulled up beside me.

“We couldn’t wait any longer.” Kim said opening the door.

“Sorry, I was talking to Jake and Paul.” I said sliding in the back seat.

“Ok, let’s go shopping.” Emily said pulling away from the drive way. It had been snowing all morning so the roads were kinda slick and icy so it took us about an hour to get there. We hurriedly parked the car and ran into the mall while trying not to fall on the ice. When we got inside we took off our coats and hats then started to shop. We spent at least thirty to forty minutes in each store we went to, except Victoria’s secret which we spent almost two hours in. I had gotten gifts for everyone else except them since they were with me. We were on our way to the food court for lunch when I saw a jewelry store that did personalized jewelry.

“Hey guy’s, I’ll meet up with you in a minute. I have to use the bathroom.” I said.

“Ok, meet us by the Chinese place.” Emily said. I nodded and headed toward the bathroom while they continued to the food court. When I was sure they were out of site I changed course and headed to the store. I looked around for a few minutes till I found the necklaces I wanted. I even found one for little Claire. The necklaces had their initials on them. They were so adorable. I quickly purchased them and headed to the food court before they could have a chance to come looking for me.

As I rounded the corner I started looking for them which wasn’t hard since Kim stood up and waved her arms like a lunatic. “Kim, put your arms down. You look like a crazy person.” I said sitting my bags down in the chair next to mine. She lowered her arms and sat down. “I’m gonna get me something to eat. Be right back.” I said walking away. I couldn’t decide what to get so I got two pieces of pizza and some Chinese. While we ate we sat and goofed off about everything. We walked back to the car when we finished when we were done eating and headed back to La Push. When we got back Emily dropped me off at the house then took Kim home. Jake and the guys were in the living room watching a movie about aliens or something. “Hey guys.” I said walking past the living room and to my room. I walked in and closed the door. I had to lock it so I could wrap the presents that I got everyone because I knew someone was going to try to see what I got them. It wasn’t two minutes later till someone knocked on my door. “Who is it?” I asked taking the stuff out of the bags.

“You’re loving boyfriend.” Paul’s said. I walked to the door and poked my head out.

“Hey.” I said smiling.

“Can I come in?” he asked.

“Uh, no.” I answered.

“Why not?” he frowned.

“Because you know that I am wrapping presents and you wanna see what I got you and everyone else.” I said.

“No I don’t. I just wanna see you.” He said rubbing his hand down my cheek.

“You see me now. Now I have to get back to what I was doing. I will hurry so you can see me for the rest of the day.” I said giving him a quick kiss then closing the door. I heard him whine as I locked the door and went back to my bed. I started wrapping the gifts carefully to make sure that none of them showed. When I was done I put them in the big Victoria’s Secret bag and hid them in my closet. I knew Paul wouldn’t find them because he never went near my closet unless I begged him which wasn’t very often. I walked out and went into the living room with the guys. They were still watching the movie. When I focused on the movie for a few minutes I realized that I had already seen the movie. It was species 2. It was a pretty good movie, it kept your interest. While we were watching the movie the lights and TV went off. The guys groaned and started yelling. “Guys! It’s from the snow take a chill pill.” I said walking toward the window and looking out. It had started snowing pretty hard out. You could hardly see the yard. “Who wants to have a snowball fight?” I asked. Everyone looked at each other and agreed.

“Might as well since there isn’t anything else to do.” Quil said. Everyone got their snow boots on and ran outside then immediately started throwing snow. I had so much fun; it had been forever since I had seen snow. I made snow angels, snow men, we attempted to make a snow fort but it melted from our body heat. After about an hour or two of playing in the snow everyone went their separate ways. Quil and Embry went home, Jake went to the Cullen’s to see Renesmee, Seth and Jared went to Sam and Emily’s. Paul and I went back into the house. My cheeks, nose and ears were red from the cold even if I wasn’t cold. I made us a couple cups of hot cocoa and we sat in the living room just talking; enjoying each other’s company.

“Our first Christmas together. I can’t wait to see what everyone got.” I said taking a sip as we sat on the couch. I had my knees up to my chest on the couch and my cup was resting on my knees.

“You get excited easily.” He smiled taking a sip. I looked at him while blowing on my hot drink. When he moved his cup away from his mouth I busted out laughing.

“What’s so funny?” he asked looking at me confused.

“Yo-you have a whip-whipped cr-cream stache.” I laughed. He quickly wiped his mouth off and blushed lightly. I giggled quietly and looked at him. He was looking in my eyes and through my soul. His arm that was resting on the back of the couch behind me came forward and he brushed a piece of my bangs out of my face. I smiled and didn’t stop looking at him.

“I love you Destiny.” He said. My eyes wanted so badly to pop out of my head because we had never said I love you to each other even though we had been together for a few months. I smiled and teared up a little bit. Nobody besides my family had ever said they loved me. This meant a lot to me and it made me so happy.

“I love you too Paul.” I said. He smiled and kissed me lightly. There was no lust, no hunger just; love. It was sweet and simple. My heart literally smiled at that moment. I didn’t think it was possible but my love, happiness and everything else had reached a new height. When we pulled apart we looked at each other. I gripped my cup tighter and leaned my head on his arm. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. We finished up our cocoa and talked for a while longer till Billy and Jake came home. “Who’s hungry?” I asked standing up. Of course all three of them raised their hands. “Ok…how does Mexican sound? Some enchiladas, tacos, burritos, maybe some salsa.” I said.

“That sounds calienta.” Jake said using the little Spanish he knew. I went into the kitchen and started cooking the Mexican food. When everything was finished I put it on the table and the guys came to the table then started eating. I watched as they grabbed for stuff left and right. Finally when they finished I grabbed what was left and ate. While we were eating we talked about how our day was and joked around.

“So Charlie slipped down this drive-way?” I asked laughing.

“Yeah, he was faster on his butt than he is on his feet.” Billy said. I busted out laughing and so did the guys. The guys sat at the table and talked while I did the dishes and cleaned the rest of the kitchen. When I finished they were so wrapped up in their conversation that I just decided to go to my room and relax. I changed into my pajamas, put my hair up and sat on my bed.

I looked around my room and looked for something to do. I saw my Ipod in the dock so I turned it on and turned it down to were it was playing softly in the background and layed my head against the pillow. As I listened to it I stared out my window and watched the snow fall lightly to the earth. The song changed and I soon drifted off to sleep. It seemed like a few hours later when I was being woken up. I opened my eyes slightly and saw Paul standing over me. I looked at him and a smiled formed on his face. “Hey babe, sorry to wake you but I just wanted to let you know that Jake and I have to go on patrol and you have it tomorrow night.” He said pushing my hair out of my face.

“Mmkay.” I said closing my eyes. He pressed his lips to my head then cheek. “Love you.” I whispered.

“Love you too.” He said. Then I fell back asleep.