Status: Living happily ever after...well as happy as you can get with werewolves and vampires.

Oh Yeah...It's Hot

13. It's Christmas

“Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock; jingle bells swing and jingle bells ring, snowin and blowin, bushels of fun. Now the jingle hop has begun. Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock; jingle bells chime in jingle bell time. Dancin’ and prancing in jingle bell square, in the frosty air. What a bright time, it’s the right time, to rock the night away. Jingle bells chime it’s a…swell time to go ridin’ in a one horse sleigh. Giddy up jingle horse pick up your feet, jingle around the clock, mix and a mingle in the jingle bell beat. That’s the jingle bell, that’s the jingle bell, that’s the jingle bell rock.” Paul and I sang along with my Ipod while we got ready for the Christmas party at Emily and Sam’s. That’s where everyone was going to exchange presents. We have been going ready for about two hours and the farthest I have gotten to being ready was being in my underwear and my hair being done. I still hadn’t picked out my clothes since he thought I should go like that. “I am not going like this.” I said looking through my clothes.

“It can be my preset.” He said smacking my ass.

“Ha you’re funny but no.” I replied. He sat on my bed and played with my camera.

“This is a hot picture of you.” He said. I looked at him and walked over toward him.

"Which one?" I asked. He turned the camera to show me.

“Oh I was goofing off. I took a bunch of random pics of myself cause I was bored.” I said walking back to my closet. He continued looking through my pictures and every now and then he would take one of me. I ignored him and picked out my clothes.

“Whatcha think?” I asked looking at Paul once I was dressed.

“You look hot.” He said.

“Whatever. Come on we gotta go or we’re going to be late.” I said grabbing the gifts out of my closet.

“So that’s where they’ve been.” Paul said looking at the bag then the closet shelf.

“Yep, now come on. Let’s go.” I said grabbing his arm and dragging him out of the room and to his car. When we got in I put my seat belt on and he pulled out of the drive way and headed to Emily and Sam’s. When we got there everybody was in the living room. The house seemed smaller with everyone in it. “Hey Em, the place looks great.” I said admiring all the Christmas decorations.

“Thanks. Sam and I worked all day and night on them. Well Sam worked all night on them I worked half the night cooking.” She said hugging me.

“Well it looks great. I’m gonna put these in your room so nobody sneaks a peak.”

“Ok.” I walked up the stairs to the small bedroom and put them in her closet. Before I walked back down I looked out the window and looked at the snow falling. I looked at the beginning of the trees and saw a figure. A pale figure, I blinked and when I opened my eyes; it was gone. Maybe my eyes are messing with me; it was probably the snow and trees. I shook my head pushing the thought to the back of my mind and walked back downstairs. When I got to the bottom of the stairs I came face to face with the last person on earth I wanted to see. Leah and I stood on opposite sides of the room and stared at each other. Tension immediately filled the air as everyone stopped talking and looked at us. I wanted so bad to dart across the room and tear her limb from limb, but Paul walked up to me and pulled me into the living room.

“Ugh, I wanna kick her ass again.” I hissed through my teeth.

“No you don’t Dest.” He said.

“Yes I honestly do. No girl gets away with coming in between me and you.” I said.

“Just try and enjoy the party.” He said rubbing my arms. I sighed and looked up at him.

“Fine, but if she so much as flirts or anything with you she’s done.” I said. He sighed and put his forehead on mine.

“I love it when you get jealous.” He said.

“I am not jealous.” I retaliated. He just looked at me as if he could see through me. “I’m not, I’m just worried one day you will break the imprint and leave me for someone even better than me in every way. Someone who is more beautiful, smarter and funnier than me.” I said looking at the floor. He put his fingers under my chin and lifted my head up.

“That is impossible. There is nobody on the face of this earth that is more beautiful, smarter or funnier than you. I would never break the imprint because I love you too much.” He said.

“You promise?” I asked.

“No, I swear.” He said. I looked up at him and smiled then kissed him softly on the lips. I moved back and looked up at him. “Let’s go get some sweets.” I nodded and followed him into the kitchen to where the food was. I grabbed a plate and filled it up with random stuff. I went to the back door and sat on the back steps. As I ate the food I had I kept looking at the trees thinking if I really did see a vampire or not. I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I didn’t hear the door open.

“Hey, what are you doin out here by yourself?” Embry asked making me jump.

“Just thinking. What brings you out here?” I replied.

“Fresh air. What are you thinking about?” he asked sitting next to me.

“Just something that happened earlier.” I said.

“Is everything ok?” he asked.

“I’m not entirely sure. I’m still debating on that.” I answered.

“Ok, well we are about to start passing out gifts.” He said.

“Ok, I’ll be in, in a minute.” I replied. He nodded and patted me on the back then headed back into the house. I looked at the trees one more time then stood and headed inside with my plate. I put my plate in the sink then went up to Emily’s room to get the gifts out of her closet. I walked down to the living room and sat next to Paul and Seth on the couch. Emily and Sam went first passing out their presents for everyone then Billy, Sue, then the rest of the pack. I got a bunch of stuff from everyone.

After I opened my gifts from everyone else I realized that I didn’t get one from Jake and Billy. “Our gift is going to have to come after the New Years, hope that’s ok?” Billy said.

“You don’t have to get me anything Billy.” I said.

“Yeah we do…but first there is something else we HAVE to give you but it’s not from us. Your dad wanted me to give you this in his will.” He said. My eyes popped open and my breath caught in my throat. He stuck out his hand which had a small box in it. I stood up, everything that was in my lap falling to the floor. I slowly walked forward and with a shaky hand took it from his. It was clearly a box for jewelry. It had a red ribbon wrapped around it. I removed the ribbon and held my breath then slowly opened it. Inside was the necklace I had begging him for since I was nine. It was more money than we had; five-thousand dollars to be exact because the diamonds were real.

Tears slid down my face and I removed it from the box. I dropped the box and held the necklace in my hands close to my chest. Paul stood up and pulled me into his chest while rubbing my back. I cried for a few minutes then put it on. This was the best gift I could have ever gotten. I wiped my face and sat back on the couch. “Ok, whose next?” I asked.

“You are.” Kim said.

“Oh yeah.” I said. I handed Kim, Emily, Sue and Claire their gifts.

Oh it’s beautiful. Thank you Destiny.” Sue said.

“I thought that you would like it since you like flowers so much.” I replied.

“I do, thank you.” She said.

“Tank you for the neckwace Destiny.” Little Claire said walking over to me and giving me a hug.

“Aww…you’re very welcome sweetheart.” I hugged her back. She went over to Quil and sat on his lap.

“These are beautiful Des, thank you.” Kim said. Emily nodded and they put them on.

“You’re welcome and these are for the guys.” I said passing them to the guys.

They opened them and looked at me. “I know it’s not much but I’ve never bought gifts for guys except my dad so I really wasn’t sure about what to get you all.” I said nervously.

“They’re great. Thanks Destiny.” Sam said. I smiled and sighed in relief.

“Oh Uncle Billy,” I said getting up and walking to the closet that was in the hallway to get his gift. “These are for you.” I said handing them to him.

“A new fishing pole, bates, tackles, line, and hooks. Oh thank you so much Destiny.” He said. I bent over and gave him a hug.

“I have one more gift.” I said walking back over to the couch and got it. “Even though I hate your guts Leah, I still got you something.” I said walking over to her. She opened it and looked at it for a second then closed it.

“Thanks.” She said. I went back over to the couch and sat next to Paul. Everyone sat around talking for a little bit. I started picking the wrapping paper, ribbons and tinsel that was lying all over the floor so we would have more room to move around. After I finished I grabbed my gifts and carried them out to the car. While was putting them in the trunk I felt a strong breeze hit me then felt something cold on my shoulder.

“Oh my gosh.” I said turning around. When I turned around I came face to face with red eyes. ‘Oh shit.’ I thought. I raised my hand and threw a punch. He blocked the punch and threw one at me but I moved out of the way. Good thing that I took karate when I was little. “SAM! PAUL! JAKE!” I yelled between blocks and punches. He blocked my punch and retaliated with his own and sent me flying backwards. When I hit the ground the guys and Leah came running outside.

“Destiny, are you ok?” Jake asked. I stood up and brushed myself off.

“Yeah I’m fine. Let’s go.” I said running toward the woods. They followed and everyone stripped so we would have something to change into. I shifted into my wolf form followed by everyone else. Sam took off running and we followed him and followed the vamps scent. He led us north to the border. When we got there we saw the Cullens chasing him. He jumped over the river to our side and I dashed ahead of everyone since I was the fastest.

“Get him Destiny!!” Quil yelled in our heads. I was right behind him and I lunged forward knocking him into the water. The Cullens and the pack followed. I grabbed a hold of his arm and pulled it off while Edward held him down.

“WHAT DO YOU WANT!?” I yelled shifting back to my human side.

“What’s your name?” Edward asked.

Adam.” He answered.

“Well Carlito, you have crossed a line by getting caught on our territories today. Especially on our turf. Good-bye.” I said. I grabbed his head and pulled it off.

“You didn’t have to do that.” Bella said.

“Yes I did. He’s a blood sucking leech. It’s what I am supposed to do, protect the people of La Push and Forks and the rest of the state. If you don’t like it then you shouldn’t have chosen to get involved with it and had Edward change you.” I snapped.

“You’re right.” She said. I looked at her and the rest of the Cullens and shifted back into my wolf form.

“Let’s go home.” Sam said. We all headed back to La Push and raced on the way there. We got back to our clothes and got re-dressed. Paul was standing in front of me so the guys couldn’t see me naked even though they already had. I wasn’t a shy person. They found that out a couple days ago, they were all over at the house and I had just gotten out of the shower and I walked out into the kitchen in my birthday suit. Luckily Billy wasn’t there because that would have been awkward but Jake and Paul both yelled at me and made me go to my room to get dressed. The other guys obviously like it because they all were planning a camping trip if you know what I mean.

“Is everything ok?” Sue asked once we walked in the back door.

“Yep, Destiny took care of it.” Sam said. Everyone looked at me in surprise.

“I guess we will be going. Thanks for inviting us to the party Em, I had a blast.” I said after we all had started talking again.

“I’m glad you all could come. Merry Christmas.” She said hugging me.

“Merry Christmas.” I said hugging her back. “Billy, Jake, you guys coming too?” I asked.

“I’m gonna go over to the Clearwater’s and help Sue with some stuff over there.” Billy said.

“I’m gonna head up to see Nessie and Bella.” Jake answered.

“Ok, see you later.” Paul said as he grabbed my hand and led me out to the car. We got to the house a few minute later and I took my gifts to my room.

“I’m staying with you tonight.” I said as he walked into my room.

“Ok, any special reason why?” he asked.

“I need a reason to spend the night with my boyfriend?” I asked.

“No, I was just wondering.” He answered. I grabbed my bag and packed me some clothes.

“I’m ready to go.” I said.

“Kay.” We headed out to his car and went to his house. “So did you have an enjoyable Christmas?” he asked as we got out of his car and headed to the front door.

“Yea. It was the best Christmas ever.” I said.

“That’s good. We have many more ahead of us you know.” He said opening the door and letting me enter first.

“I know and I can’t wait for them.” I smiled as he closed the door behind him.

“Neither can I.” he replied. I put my bag on his couch and sighed.

“I wish I had my own place. You are so lucky.” I smiled. He looked at me like he was thinking about something. “What are you thinking?” I asked.

“I was thinking that since, we love each other and know we are going to be together for a while. Why don’t you just move in with me?” he said. I smiled and gasped.

“Move in with you? Seriously?” I asked.

“Yeah. Seriously. So what do you say?” he smiled.

“Hmmm……I guess only if you want me too.” I replied. He walked to me and lifted me up in the air and spun me around. “What am I going to do with all my stuff?” I asked.

“Take what you will need and what we can use here. Everything else you can leave there if you wanna stay the night with them or if something happens between us.” He said.

“What do you mean if something happens to us?” I asked confused.

“Like if we have a fight. Couples fight all the time.”

“If we fight I will just make you sleep on the couch.” I said.

“Ok, but still you should only take what you need.” He said.

“Ok, well I am going to take a shower then I am gonna lay down because I am exhausted.” I said walking to the bathroom.

“Can I join you?” he asked.

“Sure, but we are only showering.” I said pointing my finger at him. He nodded and followed me to the bathroom where we stripped and got clean. When we finished I slipped my pajamas on and crawled into OUR bed and fell asleep before he got out.
♠ ♠ ♠
if you want pics for this chapter click here and check them out on my quizilla profile.