Status: Living happily ever after...well as happy as you can get with werewolves and vampires.

Oh Yeah...It's Hot

14. My life is a NIGHTMARE

*I’ve been living with Paul at his house for about three weeks; Jake and Uncle Billy both thought I was too young to be living with my boyfriend. Uncle Billy didn’t take it to well since I was his only niece after all. Everything has been going great since I moved in. Kim and Emily helped me rearrange the rooms and everything while the guys helped Paul move the stuff I packed over into the house. New Years Eve was kinda fun but not really because everyone went out of town and the only ones that stayed in town was Sue, Emily, Sam, Paul of course and Billy. Jake even left. He went up to see Renesmee and Bella for the night. Emily and Sam went to Seattle for dinner and a few drinks. Billy went over to Sue’s to take care of her because she had gotten the flu so she asked Paul and me if we could watch Claire since she was supposed to watch her for her daughter. We of course said we would since we really didn’t have anything planned except stay home and watch the ball drop on TV. We played some games with Claire; well I played games with her. Paul wouldn’t play most of them with her since they either involved make up, dresses or Barbie’s. I had a blast since I was always good with kids. I used to baby sit this little girl in LA named Madison, she was so adorable. I baby sat her for like five or six years. She was like the little sister I never had, I missed her so much. I talked to her the day after Christmas on Skype, she wanted me to come back so bad she started to cry which made me cry. When we ended the conversation I cried for like an hour after that. Billy said that she should come up here for New Years Eve but they couldn’t since they were going to her grandma’s in Maine. Although I did get a phone call from them the day before wishing me a happy new year. The day after the phone call Billy told me that my other gift should be ready in a couple days, I kept trying to guess what it was but I had no clue. School was getting ready to start back up and I was kinda excited to get back but I really didn’t wanna go back but I had to because my dad wanted me to at least graduate High School since I didn’t want to go to college. I tried not to thing about it much because it stressed me out and I would get angry then snap at Paul since he was always around me at the moment that I blow up. School started about a week and four days ago so everyone is back in school getting our education even if they, they being the boys, don’t wanna go. Kim and I have become the official wake up calls for the guys. Sometimes I have to FORCE them to get up and get ready.*

“Paul!!! Get your ass up right now or we are going to be late.” I said while getting dressed and trying to get him up. I just got out of the shower and started getting dressed. I grabbed the clothes I chose to wear and put them on.

When I got dressed I walked over to the bed and shook his shoulder violently. He rolled over and looked at me with tired eyes. “What?” he asked tiredly.

“Are you gonna get up or not?” I asked impatiently.

“For what?”

“Uh I don’t know. Maybe the thing called school that we go to every Monday to Friday.” I said crossing my eyes and looking at him.

“What time is it?” he asked.

“Ten minutes till school starts, now get up or I am leaving your ass here. I’m leaving in five minutes.” I said grabbing my back pack and bouncing down the stairs. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed an apple then headed to the front door and at that time he was walking down the stairs fully dressed. I bit into the apple and walked out to the car. I got in the passenger seat and waited for him to get his bag and come out. He walked out the door and locked it them made his way to the car then we were off to school. We got there just before the bell rang signaling us to come in. We had five minutes till the tardy bell rang so as we walked into the school I gave him a quick kiss on the lips and headed to my locker then headed to my first period. We had new schedules so the classes were different. I had Advanced Chem first period with Kim. Second I had American History with Paul, Seth and Kim. Third was homeroom with all of them. Fourth I had P.E with Jake, Jared, Kim and Quil. Then we all had lunch together. Fifth and Six were study hall which I always spent in the library or outside in the senior court area. Seventh was English, my favorite class out of all of them. I didn’t have it with any of them. While I walked through the halls I said hi to everyone I know and hugged a few of them. When I got into my first period I froze in the door way. Kim came in right behind me and bumped into me.

“Dest, you ok?” she asked. I didn’t answer; I just stood there staring at no one other than JASON. Kim followed my gaze to him. At that moment he noticed me and smirked. I could feel my heart racing in my chest.

“Girls, please take your seats so I can start class.” The teacher said. I snapped out of my daze and finally looked away but I could feel his eyes on me the entire time.

“I thought he was in jail.” Kim said as we reached our table.

“I thought he was too.” I whispered sitting down.

“He just had to get this class of all the other ones.” She replied in a hushed tone.

“Good morning class. A welcome back is in order to Mr. Melphing who was away for a while.” The teacher said looking at him. “Welcome back.” He said. Jason stood up and waved but stopped and looked at me then blew me a kiss.

“Ech…he is so repulsing.” I said opening my book. The entire class I could tell that he was staring at me and every time I would look up at him he would wink or lick his lips. When the bell finally rang Kim and I ran out of the class and to our second period which was with Paul and Seth. I knew that being a werewolf I would be able to protect myself even more but deep down I was still scared that he would try something again like he did when I first got here. Apparently it was obvious that I was thinking about it because when second period ended Paul immediately jumped into the interrogation.

“Are you ok babe?” he asked.

“Uh, yeah why wouldn’t I be?” I asked playing it off.

“Because you’ve only said a few words since your first period. Did something happen in there?” he asked.

“No. It was just…Advanced Chem, nothing different.” I said.

“Are you sure?” he asked stopping outside of our Homeroom. The guys walked up to us at that moment.

“I said I’m fine Paul, will you just drop it?” I asked looking at him then walking into our homeroom. I heard Quil ask him ‘what that was about.’ I took my seat and the rest of them walked in. Jake took his seat next to me and Embry took his on the other side. They were going to start asking questions, I just knew they were. When the bell rang I spoke. “I know the two of you are going to ask questions and I am going to tell you what I told Paul. There is nothing wrong with me. Now if you guys don’t leave me alone I will beat you to death with my notebook.” I threatened looking at the both of them. They looked scared for a minute but it worked since they didn’t ask any questions. The rest of the day nobody brought it back up except Kim since she was the only one who knew. We talked about it through text and deleted our messages immediately. We also talked about it in P.E since some of the girls were talking about him being back in school. The rest of the day that was all I thought about. He was all I thought about, I didn’t know if he would try it on me again, on another girl in school or what he had planned but I knew something was up. When the final bell rang I walked to my locker alone and put my stuff away. I put a few books in my backpack then closed my locker door. As I closed it I noticed his friends down the hall staring at me. I slung my bag over my shoulders and started in the other direction for the doors that went out to the parking lot. As I pushed the doors open there were some kids out there but not the pack. I looked behind me and I could see them coming toward me but no Jason. I turned around and jumped down the stairs just as I got to the bottom step they walked through the door. I walked through the parking lot trying not to draw attention to myself from the other students in the parking lot. I quickly looked back at them and my heart started to race. As I turned back around I bumped into someone and fell to the ground. As I looked up at the person my heart dropped and my face paled.

“Well, well, well. What do we have here?” Jason said looking at me. I backed up and got to my feet.

“How are you out of jail Jason?” I asked backing up slowly.

“I got out early. On good behavior.” He replied.

“And you had to come back here?” I asked.

“Oh course. I have some unfinished business here.” He said looking me up and down. “I must say, not seeing you sure has made you look even sexier.” He replied licking his lips.

“Whatever Jason, just leave me alone.” I said. His friends gathered around us.

“I don’t think I can do that.” He said taking a step toward me. “Get her.” He said. His friends reached out to grab me but I took off running to my right toward the street. I slipped my backpack off and threw it onto the trunk of Paul’s car as I ran passed it. They were hot on my trail while Jason got in his car. I could have easily out ran them without breaking a sweat but they were behind me and I had to run at a normal speed. I headed north toward the only other safe place I could think of even if I wasn’t that close to them. The Cullens, Jason had them get in his car and continued to follow me down the street. Thankfully I was pretty good at running in heels so I didn’t trip a lot. As I made it to the Forks sign I ran into an alley that was too small for a car to fit through and hid while they drove past it. I peeked around the corner to see if it was clear then took off running in the opposite direction toward the Cullen’s. I walked down a street that was packed with people and saw them across the street staring at me. I walked into a diner and sat at a table by the window so I could watch them. I searched my pockets for my phone but it wasn’t there. Then I remembered that I put it in my back pack which was on the pack of Paul’s car. I cursed myself in my head and sighed. The only way I was going to get out of here was to go through the back door, but first I was going to need help. I got up from the table and walked up to the counter.

“May I help you?” An older woman asked from the other side of the register.

“Yes, do you have a phone I can use? It’s an emergency.” I said.

“Oh sure. Here you go dear.” She said handing me the phone. I tried to remember Carlisle’s cell number then punched in the numbers hoping it was the right number. A few rings later the line picked up.

“Hello?” a familiar voice asked on the other line. I sighed in relief.

“Carlisle, hey it’s uh Destiny.” I said looking out the window at Jason and his friends.

“Oh hello Destiny. How are you?” he asked.

“I am fine, but I need a favor from one of you guys.” I said.

“Sure, is everything ok?” he asked.

“Yeah everything is…ok I guess. But would one of you mind coming to get me?” I asked him.

“Sure, where are you?” he asked.

“Uh, the diner. In Forks.” I said.

“Forks? What are you doing way up here?” he asked.

“Uh I will explain it to you when I get there. Can someone meet me on the edge of town toward your house?” I asked.

“Sure, were all coming to get you.” He replied.

“Thank you so much Carlisle. I owe you.” I said. I hung up the phone and dialed Paul’s cell phone. On the second ring he picked up.

“Destiny?” he asked answering the phone obviously freaked.

“Hey, yeah it’s me.” I answered.

“Where are you? We came out and found your backpack on the back of my car and you are nowhere to be found?” he asked.

“Come to the Cullen’s. I will explain everything to you when you get there.” I said.

“What, the Cullen’s? What are you doing there?” he questioned.

“Just stop asking questions and get up here.” I said hanging up the phone. I knew it would piss him off that I hung up on him but when he found out the Jason was back he was going to explode. I gave the waitress back the phone and thanked her. I fixed my hair and clothes then sucked in a breath and walked toward the door acting like nothing was wrong. Once they saw me walk out the door they watched me walk down the street to the north side of town. I heard them start the car and pull off toward me. They passed me and turned right onto a street that was a one way which would make them go around the block. Once they turned on that street I bolted for it staying on the same road. I got outside of town and heard them turning back onto the street and speed up. I ran for a few more feet till I saw three cars come to a screeching halt in the middle of the road about a hundred feet from me. I slowed to a walk and sighed at the feeling of safety washed over me. I looked back and Jason kept on coming. I turned back toward the Cullen’s and took off running toward them. They got out of their cars and started walking at human speed toward me.

“DESTINY!” Alice yelled. I ran faster and Jason kept coming. I made it to them and Jason slammed on his breaks about ten feet from us. I latched onto Alice and started crying. Alice and I walked toward the cars while everyone else walked toward Jason who was getting out of his car along with his friends.

“That’s MY girl!” Jason yelled pointing at me.

“The last time I check she was Paul’s girl. Now I suggest you leave.” Emmett yelled.

“Not until I get her. We have some unfinished business. This has nothing to do with any of you. Now hand her over.” Jason replied. I stood behind everyone and listened.

“Anything that has to do with Destiny has to do with us. I would advise you all to leave or the cops shall be on their way.” Carlisle said.

“Call the cops. I aint scared of them.” He said scoffing. By that time Esme had Charlie on the phone. The Cullen’s argued with Jason and his friends for a while. Soon we could hear police sirens heading this way through town.

“Come on Jason, let’s go man.” One of his friend said pulling him toward the car.

“This still aint over.” He said walking toward his car. He got in and took off before Charlie got to us. The Cullen’s walked over to me and I sighed in relief.

“Are you ok?” Esme asked.

“I am now. Thank you guys so much.” I said.

“No problem, was that the kid who tried to rape you?” Carlisle asked.

“Yeah.” I replied.

“I thought he was in jail?” Alice asked.

“He was but he got out early for good behavior.” I said breathing hard. Just then Charlie pulled up next to us and got out. He asked what happened and I told him every detail. He said he would take care of it then headed out to look for them. “Would you guys mind if I come over and wait for the guys?” I asked as I leaned against Carlisle’s car.

“Not at all. Hop in the back.” Esme said. I nodded and got in then we were off. We got to their house in a matter of second since they drive like thirty over the speed limit. Once we got to their house I walked in and sat on the couch with a huff and groan. Everyone sat around me in complete silence. After a few minutes of quiet we heard howls heard in the distance then feet running up the front steps. The front door opened and I jumped off the couch.

“Destiny!” Paul said walking into the living room. Once I saw him I darted into his arms and broke down. He was taken off guard and stumbled back then wrapped his arms around me. “Hey, hey, hey. It’s going to be ok.” He said rubbing my back. I sniffled and backed up to look at him.

“No it won’t. It’s going to get worse.” I cried. They all looked at me confused.

“What are you talking about Dest?” Jake asked.

“Jason.” I said.

“What about him? He’s in jail so why are you worried about it?” Quil asked.

“No he’s not. He’s back. In La Push.” I said. Everyone freaked.

“What do you mean he’s back? When did he get out?” Paul asked.

“I’m not sure when he got out but he got out for good behavior.” I answered.

“Is that why you were acting weird today?” Jake asked. I nodded my head in shame.

“Well what happened after school? Your backpack was on my car and you were gone.” Paul said. I sighed and told them the whole story from the hallway all the way till Charlie showed up. By that time I was in Paul’s arms crying hysterically. “He’s going to pay. One way or another.” He said shaking.

“Charlie said he was going to take care of it.” I said wiping my tears. Paul started to say something but stopped when I looked at him. He grabbed my hand and pulled me into him. “My life is a nightmare.” I said into his chest. “Every time I think it’s going good something happens and ruins it for me. It’s just one bad thing after the other.” I said.

“It will all become right.” Paul said rubbing my back.

“When!? Huh? Because I sure would like to know.” I said pushing him away from me. “Ever since I moved here my world has fallen apart around me. First it was Jason, then my dad dying, then I became a wolf, then Leah stabbed me in the back, then it was the vampire attacking me, and now all this. I can’t take it anymore. Nothing has gone right since I moved here. Maybe moving here wasn’t the best decision I made. If I hadn’t moved here then my dad wouldn’t have died, Leah never would have stabbed me in the back, Jason never would have attacked me or anything.” I said crying. “My life is SHIT!” I said crying. The pack all had hurt expressions on their faces. “But the only thing that has actually gone right since I moved here was meeting all of you guys and getting with Paul.” I said crying. Paul took a step forward but I backed up. “I have made your guys’ lives a mess. You wouldn’t be dealing with any of this if it wasn’t for me.” I said.

“Destiny, it didn’t matter if you moved here or not. It was your dad’s time to go, Jason would still be same asshole he is, the vampires would still be coming around, Leah would still be a bitch and you still would have become a wolf. It doesn’t matter if you lived in Paris or Timbuktu. It would have happened eventually.” Jake said.

“He’s right. Plus if you hadn’t moved here, I never would have fallen in love with the most beautiful girl in the world.” Paul said.

“Yeah you would have, you would have fallen for another girl.” I said looked away.

“No I wouldn’t have. I would have stayed single till our paths crossed one day. We were made for each other Destiny.” He said walking up to me. I looked away but his hands forced my head toward his. “I love you Destiny and I am not ready to let you go until we have gotten married, had kids and gotten old. Then I probably wouldn’t let you go in the after life or the next one.” He said. I smiled and started crying again. I put my head on his chest and cried a little bit. When I finally stopped crying I cleaned off my face and made myself look somewhat better.

“I’m sorry you guys.” I said looking at the pack.

“It’s ok; we know you didn’t mean any of it.” Quil said. I smiled and turned to face the Cullens.

“Thank you guys. I owe you guy’s big time.” I said.

“You can just go shopping with me and come to hang out sometime.” Alice said.

“Deal.” I replied.

“Are you ready to go?” Paul asked from behind me.

“Yeah.” I whispered turned toward him. He reached out his hand and I took it. We walked to the door and I looked back at the Cullens and waved. Paul busted into his wolf form and I climbed onto his back since I was too tired to run. Once I was on his back and situated he took off running back to the house. Everyone went their own separate ways while Paul and I went to our house. He stopped at the edge of the woods to let me off. I ran into the house while he got redressed. I saw my back pack by the front door so I grabbed it and sat at the kitchen table and started my homework. He came in a few minutes later and kissed the top of my head then went to the fridge and made the left over lasagna I made last night. When it was done we ate at the table and did our homework while we ate. When I was done I showered and went to bed. Paul joined me about an hour later.