My Best Friend's Brother

Chapter Thirteen

“Leighton, I think you should go see Chad first.” Olivia said after I don’t even know how many hours in the waiting room. “I think he wants to see you guys first.” I said moving in my seat which was very uncomfortable by now. “Trust me; he doesn’t want to see us. Out of all of us he loves you the most…even though you might just be worse on him then we will be. Just go see him.” She said pushing my shoulder. I moved Justin’s head off my lap before slowly finding my way to Chad’s room.

“There you are, how’s my beautiful girlfriend?” Chad asked as soon as he saw me. I smiled slightly, trying to ignore the situation for a second at least. “You still look hot with all of those cuts and bruises.” I said sitting at the foot of the bed. “Well I don’t feel like it right now.” I looked down at my hands and then back to Chad. “I told you not to drive and drive!” I said slapping his leg.

“That isn’t exactly the first think of when I’m drunk.” He said wincing at the pain that I just inflicted on his leg. “And besides I wasn’t the one that was driving. I was smart enough to have a designated driver!” Well if he wasn’t the one driving then there really wasn’t much of a reason for me to be mad at him. Besides the fact that he was drinking, but it was a graduation party after all.

“So I’m gonna guess and say that our date is postponed.” I said looking up at Chad only to see him frown. “I guess you’re right.”

“Hey, we still have most of the summer!” I said lying down next to him. “I already know that Gramps is going to make me get a job to pay for the car…and school eventually.”

”Let’s not ruin the moment.” I said putting my head in the crook of his neck. “How much sleep did you get anyways?” Chad asked rubbing my back; if I was hurting him he wasn’t showing any kind of pain. “Around two hours I think.” I said closing my eyes. “Why didn’t you sleep in the waiting room?”

“I was too worried about you. For a minute there I actually thought that I lost you…just like my parents.” I chocked out, the reason why I don’t talk about my parents is because it’s still hard for me to deal with it. Chad turned to his side and hugged me tight; I just let the tears fall as I quietly sobbed into his chest. “Just so you know; I’m not leaving you anytime soon.” Chad said pulling away far enough to look me in the eyes.

“I love you, Leighton.” I smiled up at him. That was really the first time that he’s said that. “I love you too, Chad.” I put my head back in the crook in his neck and I felt him kiss my cheek. “I think it’s time for you to get some sleep.” I started to fall asleep when someone walked in but I wasn’t completely asleep.

“Did I ever tell you that you two are the cutest couple ever?” Olivia asked; I heard her sit in the chair next to the bed. “I think you tell us everyday.” Chad said, I could tell that he was smiling. “So did you tell her that you love her yet?”

“Don’t act like you weren’t listening.”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about!” Olivia pretended to be offended when we all knew that she was for most of the time at least. “Well even though you already know, yes I did.” Chad pulled me even closer and I felt him wince that time. “You must really love her to hold her like that when you look that bad.”

“It’s worth it.”

“Well it’s obvious you love her more than you love your own sister!”

“Well let’s face it; she annoys me a lot less.”

“Anyone else would take that as an insult but I take it as a complement.” Olivia was the only one I know what would. “How mad is Gramps at me?”

“Well the only thing that he seems to be pissed about is the car. Other than that he’s happy that you’re in one piece.”

“Olivia, do me a favor and watch after Leighton when I’m gone.” The way he said that made me think that he would die on me. “It’s not like you’re doing to die Chad!”

“I know but when I’m away at school!”

“She’s my best friend, of course I’ll watch after her.”

*~*~*~*

I had no idea where I was. One second I was listening to Chad and Olivia in the hospital and the next I was standing on the street in my pajamas. It was obvious that he was sometime in the middle of the night since there were barely any cars out and all of the stores on the streets lights were out, leaving only street lights for the street.

I walked down the street, trying to figure out where the hell I was. I when I got to an intersection I heard a car and turned to look. It was my dad’s car and once it got to the stop light I realized that my parents were in the car. “How is this even possible?” I asked myself. When I looked into the car window my parents were talking and laughing, they looked so happy.

Once the light turned green my dad started to drive again and in a blink of an eye a semi truck collided with them. It was almost too fast for me to even see but as soon as I did I screamed and started sobbing. The car was barely in one piece, I knew that my parents were killed instantly. I fell to my knees and ignoring the shooting pain that I now had due to the cement I started sobbing uncontrollably.

“Leighton!” My eyes shot open only to see the sight of Olivia and Chad. “What’s wrong?” Olivia’s voice was filled with concern, I rubbed my eyes and when I felt something wet, I knew that I was crying in my sleep. “I saw my parents; I saw them get hit by a semi!” I started sobbing again. “Shh, it was only a dream Leighton.” Chad said pulling me to his chest while Olivia rubbed my back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another update :D I honestly don't know how much longer this story is going to go on...I'm thinking it's gonna last at least ten more chapters, but don't worry 'cause it will take me awhile to get those ten chapters out. Haha. But Chad's okay! Yay! I bet you guys already knew that he would though. Anywhore, shout out to Miss_Somerhalder24 and Nanook for commenting on the last update! And another thanks to all of the awesome subscribers and people that have commented previously, this story wouldn't be alive without you guys! Comment & subscribe please!