My Best Friend's Brother

Chapter Fifteen

“I think I want pizza now.” I said getting into the car. “You’re the one driving,” Chad said getting in the passenger seat. “That’s what you get for not trusting me with your car that one time.” I teased, but when you really think about it, none of this would have really happened without it. “You know that you’re happy I didn’t let you drive and you know it.” Chad said with a smirk. “How did you even know?”

“Leighton, I’ve known you for what, thirteen years? I think I’ve learned how to read your mind by now.”

“Really, because Olivia hasn’t,” And I’ve spent more time with her in the thirteen years then I have with Chad, ever. “Well we both know that Olivia is a little slower when it comes to that kind of stuff.” That was true; Olivia wasn’t one of the people that could read someone’s facial expressions very well even if it was obvious.

“Do you ever think that we’ll actually get married?” Chad asked changing the subject suddenly. “I don’t know…” I was taken aback, from what I’ve learned; Chad wasn’t the type to talk about his future, with a girl at least. I’m only seventeen; I just want a fun relationship, not a serious one. I want to get married early but not all that early; maybe when I’m twenty-five or somewhere around there.

“I think we will,” Chad said with a smile. “Well we both still have college to go through so we’ll see.” I said smiling at him. “Do you not think that we’ll last that long?”

“No, I do, trust me! But I’m just being realistic. Not all high school relationships last through college.”

“Your parents did,” Chad pointed out. My parents had grown up together, dated in high school, went to different colleges and still stayed together. “Well let’s talk about this later or something, we’re here.” I said pulling into the parking lot of Pizza Hut. “Remember the days when I was the one that had to drive you around everywhere? It looks like my baby is all grown up.” Chad said getting out of the car before I could say anything.

“What is up with you today?” I asked once we ordered and found a table to sit at. Chad was acting weirder than usual and way different from this morning. “I was just thinking, it’s already July and I leave in the middle of August.” I gave Chad a blank stare; I still had no idea that this had to do with anything. “I dunno, I just feel like reminiscing.”

“Why don’t you reminisce after you leave?” I asked looking up at him. “Because then I can’t hug you and kiss you!” He said pulling me closer to his side. “You are being way more mushy then usual.” I pointed out, its not that I had a problem with it but it was just weird considering the fact that I’m not use to it. “I can’t help it that I’m in love.”

I smiled up at him and then we got our pizza. We really didn’t say much while we were eating, there really wasn’t much to talk about since we live together and see each other all of the time.

“So what movie do you want to see?” Chad asked putting his arm around me when we were leaving. “There’s not much out besides Happy Feet 2 so that I guess.” I already saw Puss In Boots with Justin and there really wasn’t much more since I’ve seen most of the movies out with my friends lately.

“Do we have to see that movie?” Chad whined; I grabbed his hand that was around my shoulder. “Yes, c’mon, it’ll be a cute movie!” I said getting closer to him. “You are so lucky that I love you.”

“Babe, it isn’t as bad as you think.”

“I’m not a fan of those cartoon movies and you know it.”

“What about Disney movies?”

“No one can ever say that they hate Disney movies.”

“I’ll make you a deal.” I said stopping and standing in front of Chad. “I’m listening,” he said smiling down at me. “If we see Happy Feet 2 then we can do whatever you want for our next date.” I said, even though I knew it wouldn’t be much different from tonight. “Sounds like a deal to me.” He said pulling me back to his side.

“This seems like a really long walk to the theater.” I said looking behind us, the theater was only right down the street from Pizza Hut so there was so real reason to waste gas and drive. “If we drove this wouldn’t be a long walk.” Chad pointed out. “Gas costs money!” And since I have a job, I’m the one paying for it. “And I’m all about saving the environment.” I said, Chad laughed, knowing that I could care less if we drove down the street besides the gas money.

“Well we’re here now so there’s no point in turning around now.” Chad said walking up to the cashier and paying for our tickets. “Well we have another hour to kill before the movie starts so what now?” Chad asked looking down at me. “If you wanted to go to the arcade all you had to do was ask.” I said with a laugh.

“I can still beat you at Dance Dance Revolution.” He said pulling me into the arcade. “Oh, I doubt it!” I said letting go of his hands and racing him to the machine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Boring chapter? Yes? No? Maybe so? I honestly thought this chapter was kind of boring myself but oh well! Thanks to Nanook, Miss_Somerhalder24 and erinthepoet9 for commenting on the last update! And thanks to the now 32 subscribers :D. Now I'm gonna try to get one more new commenter before I update the next chapter so comment and subscribe!