My Best Friend's Brother

Chapter Five

“How was your date last night?” I asked Leighton once I saw her for the first time today.

“Fine,” She said with the smile that I loved.

“It was obviously more than fine because you’re glowing.” Olivia said with a smile to her best friend.

“And you didn't have me pick you up.” I said, I needed the extra rehearsal with the band anyways but I would still rather have her call than have some guy that she just met bring her home.

“It was fine, but I’m hanging out with him again today.” Leighton said with a huge smile.

“I thought we were going to hang out.” Olivia said with a frown. She was my little sister, but she did deserve it over how many times she’s done the same thing to Leighton.

I always ended up spending my time with Leighton when Olivia ended up blowing her off. It’s not that I didn't love spending time with Leighton, but I could tell that she misses her best friend. “Well are you doing anything today?” Olivia asked looking at me.

“I was going to talk to Deanna, but after we can hangout I guess.” It was time to cut off the relationship with Deanna; we both knew that it wouldn't last much longer.

“So you want to break up, don’t you?” Deanna asked while sitting on the back porch with me.

“How did you know?”

“Because we’re going to be in completely different places, here’s a question; how many girls do you honestly love?” She asked looking up at me.

“One,”

Deanna nodded, “And I’m not that one.” She said, I nodded, “I see the way you look at Leighton. You two have something and you need to let her know that before you leave.”

“How are you the best person ever?”

Deanna smiled, “I just know that you love Lee and you hate the fact that she’s with that Mark guy. And don’t worry about me. We can still be friends and I’ll have a new guy in no time.” I laughed; there was no doubt about that. She hugged me and then left.

“So when were you going to tell me that you like Lee?” Olivia asked sitting next to me on the swing.

“Because I didn't even know until now,”

“Dee’s right though. You need to tell her before you leave and before Mark hurts her.”

I looked down at Olivia. “How do you know that he’s going to hurt her?”

“Obviously because she isn't playing hard to get. She never plays hard to get with the guys that hurt her in the end. I know that you won’t hurt her. That’s why I want you two to be together. No matter how much it freaks me out. And sadly, you've been a better friend to her than I have been best friend. I've been spending all of my time with Dalton. You would actually cancel band practice to hangout with her. I’m such a horrible best friend.” I could tell that she was about to cry, I put my arm around her shoulder and she leaned on me.

“Olivia, you guys have been inseparable since you met. I think its time that you guys got some time apart. I just don’t think you should make plans with Lee and still make plans with Dalton the same day.” I was also the only one who knew about Leighton’s issues.

“Hey, I need to borrow the car.” Leighton said standing at the door.

“Where are you going?”

“To hangout with Mark, I told you that earlier.”

“But you didn't tell me where.” I wasn't about to let her drive my car and not know where it’s going.

“I think you and Chad need to talk.” Olivia said to Leighton.

“What do we need to talk about besides the fact that he won’t let me use the car?” Leighton asked crossing her arms over her chest.

“Because I’m not just going to give you my car if I don’t know where you’re going,”

“You would if you loved me enough!” Olivia looked at me.

“I’m still not letting you take my car. Why don’t you have your boyfriend come get you? It’s not like it would be a problem for him.”

“You guys are so fucking blind!” Olivia said getting up from her seat next to me. “You guys just can’t see that you obviously love each other! And I’m not letting either of you leave this backyard until you talk!” Olivia said walking into the house and closing the screen door, it was obvious that she locked it. She stood there and stared at me. It was also obvious that she wanted me to talk first.

“I’m sorry for yelling at you. I just don’t want you to get hurt again. And if Mark does hurt you, I might just kill him. You can tell him that too.” I said getting up.

Leighton smiled, “Well thanks for watching out for me. But I think it’s time for me to start taking care of myself.” I got up and wrapped my arms around her neck.

“You are really buff.” Leighton said wrapping her arms around me, I laughed.

“And you are really small.” I looked into the house and Olivia smiled at me.

“And you are really tall.”

“It’s not my fault you’re short.” I didn't want to let her go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the next chapter!
Please comment and tell me what you think and subcribe :D
Thanks for all of them so far!