Sequel: Innocent
Status: Done!

I'd Lie

Chapter 12

Image

Letting another tear fall, I smiled at the picture. It was the year the guys left to tour, but, of course, Nick never returned, like Joe and Kevin.

It was Valentine's Day. Everyone knew I wasn't a huge fan of the holiday. That didn't stop Nick.....

4 years ago

I was in my room, watching Bones when I heard a knock at the door. I got up off my comfy bed and walked to the door in my orange soffe shorts and navy blue tank top. Yes, it's February and I'm in shorts and a tank top.

I opened the door to reveal my best friend. "Nick, what are you doing here?" I asked, rubbing my head. I probably had bed head since I'm too lazy to get up.

"I wanted to give my beautiful best friend a Valentine," he smiled. That's so sweet.

I blushed. I felt the heat run to my cheeks and up my arms. "You know I hate Valentine's day."

"I know, but here." He held out a single rose and an envelop. I gladly took them.

Sniffing the roses, I thanked Nick. "You're my Valentine, Nick," I smiled and kissed his cheek. I felt him blush underneath my lips.


And that was the picture. Me kissing Nick's cheek. I remember when I heard the camera go off, I looked up at Nick and we both looked in the direction it came from. There they were, Kevin and Joe, caught red handed in the act. I sat my gifts on the ground and chased them around the yard.

"Okay, here's some frames." Dani came in and snapped me back to reality. She lied the frames on the bed.

"I have both of these pictures at home in frames," I said, but felt stupid after saying it. Of course she knew that.

She smiled down at me and kissed my head. "Now, let's set some up."

I stared at the picture a few more seconds, but then soon replied to her with a simple, "Okay."

We set up the pictures on his desk and bed-side table. I looked at the roses and pulled one out.

"Dani, can you set the rest up? I have to do something," I said, remembering a thought.

She smiled. "Of course."

I smiled back at her, grabbing the rose before sprinting down the hall and down the stairs.

My mom must have spotted me and asked, "Honey, where are you going?"

I looked down at the rose, biting my lower lip. "I have to at least try and fix everything."

Before she could answer, I was out of the house and running over to mine. I flung the door open and ran to my room.

"Please be in here. Please," I cried in a whisper.

I looked through my desk drawer- Nothing. Through my binder of memories- Nothing. The box?- Nothing again.

I was about to scream. "Where the ha-?"

I stopped dead when I saw something shimmering in the sunlight.

I grabbed the laminate piece of paper and cheered. "Yes!"
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I know I kinda leave you on a hanger there, but trust me. It will all be worth it in the end.
Any guesses on what Maddie might have picked up? Comment it! :)