Sequel: Innocent
Status: Done!

I'd Lie

Chapter 13

Image

I ran out of the house and back over to the Jonas'. Kevin and Joe were just getting out of the car with all the food.

"Do y'all need any help?" I asked, slipping the paper into my pocket.

"Please," Joe begged and I reached out just in time to get the falling item.

"Thank you so much, cutie," he smiled.

"You're welcome, cutie," I smiled back.

This is why I love Kevin and Joe. We can call each other boyfriend-girlfriend names, like "cutie" or even "sweetie" and we know the other doesn't mind. Even with dumb names, like Joe's "doggie", doesn't make us mad.

We took the food into the kitchen and started putting things into bowls.

"I hope you guys got my Scooby Snacks!" I joked.

"Oh, I got them!" Kevin said, pulling out the purple box of Scooby gummies. I've been calling them 'Scooby Snacks' ever since I was little.

"I love you, Kev!" I giggled and hugged him. If you haven't noticed, we are one big hugging family.

"No problem. Joe went right past the aisle, but I said we should get you some," Kevin chuckled.

I felt my phone vibrate just when I was putting the chips away. I pulled out the blue Pantech Impact from my pocket and saw it was from Kelsey.

"I'm here!" read the text with a smiley face.

I texted back and continued helping the boys when there was a knock. Joe answered it and he grabbed Kelsey, hugging her tight. They walked back in and I forced a smile for her when
she said "Hi".

"You don't have to force it. I know. It's okay," she sighed and hugged me.

Right when she hugged me, I wanted to break down. Joe broke the silence.

"Why were you over at your place, Maddie?" Joe asked.

"I-I had to get something," I stuttered.

"Oh, okay."

They walked into the living room while I got the waters out of the fridge. I looked at my phone. 12:05. Typical for Nick to be late for his own party. Just then, Frankie ran into the kitchen.

"Hey, baby boy," I smiled at him.

"Maddie, I'm not a baby," he answered, crossing his arms over his chest.

I laughed. "To me, you will always be my little baby boy."

"That works," he smiled, but then asked the question I had been dreading. "Do you think Nick will ever be back to normal?"

I sighed, said "I'm hoping, Frankie," and hugged him. "You make me smile even when I wanna cry with your hugs."

I let him go, seeing him smile. He ran back into the living room, after grabbing a water. I put my head in my hands and sighed loudly. I wanted to scream. I can't be strong around Frankie any longer. Just as I was passing the door, the bell rang. I heard my mom and Denise say "Oh, he's here!" and then someone say "Let him in, Maddie!" So I did. I opened the door to a sight I didn't need to see.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, what do you think is gonna happen?
Are Maddie and Nick going to fight?
Are they just gonna ignore each other?
Will someone be at the door with Nick?
Is the person at the door even Nick?