Sequel: Innocent
Status: Done!

I'd Lie

Chapter 6

Image

"I lost him to Miley stupid freaking Cyrus," I laughed through my tears.

Hutch laughed too, but knew I was hurting. "Nick would be living the best life if he would have stayed away from her." He kissed my cheek softly.

"I bet he doesn't even remember me," I mumbled. "Or care about me, for that matter. When he comes home and sees me, he'll probably say 'Who' -correction!- 'What is that thing in my house!?'" I always said negative stuff. I couldn't help it. My dad was always negative, so why shouldn't I be?

"Hey, don't think -correction!" he smiled and I smiled in return. I hate when he mocks me, but he does it so well. "Never, ever say anything like that ever again." He poked my nose. I nodded in agreement.

Hutch ran his hands up and down my arms in a comforting motion. "You're a beautiful, strong, sporty girl," he murmured in my ear. "Any guy would be lucky to have you. And look what luck gave me."

I pushed him away from my ear, only at arms length, and stared into his eyes. Oh, how I love his eyes.

"Luck gave me you," I smiled. He smiled and kissed me softly.

"Maddie, we're-" and here comes my mother. She spotted Hutch and I and apologized.

"It's okay," Hutch replied. My gentleman. What I didn't expect from him was to put his arms
around my waist.

"Maddie," my mom's voice cracked. Whoa! Did I just say it cracked!? "Your dad, Alex and I
are heading over to help out. Be over there by 11."

"Okay. When does Nick get here?" I tried asking casually, even though I was dreading the moment.

"12."

"Okay."

She left and I turned to face Hutch. His face was masked in concern.

"Is your mom okay?" he asked.

"I don't think so," I responded. "Did you hear her voice crack?"

He nodded. I lied my head on Hutch's chest, wrapping my arms around his waist, and we started to sway back and forth to When I Said I Do by Clint Black and Lisa Hartman. I love this song so much. It almost made me cry sometimes. I started to sing.
♠ ♠ ♠
For those of you that are reading my story, thank you! :) Thank you so much!
To the "Haters", as they say, it's okay. Everyone has their own opinions. :)