I Never Want to Leave This Bed

Sixteen

The night air was buzzing with Los Angeles night life as Jonathan and I walked side by side down the sidewalk. Groups of people all dressed fabulously passed by, they chatted loudly and all smelled of booze. It was pushing three in the morning, closing time for most bars. I had no idea where Jonathan planned to take me at this time of night.

I was dressed in one of his white v-neck t shirts, my shorts, and the grey cardigan hoodie I had found in the bathroom. Jonathan wore a simple black v-neck and the slouchy jeans from the terrace. He looked straight ahead as we walked, his gaze intent and deep in thought. I studied his features in the light of the moon. My eyes were drawn to his full, pouty lips, the thought of them made my heart jump. Flashes of where those lips had been made me shudder. Maybe leaving the house had been a mistake; I was beginning to want him more and more just looking at him.

He turned and met my stare, smiling and gently grabbing my hand. My heart fluttered and I felt my knees go weak. I bit my lip and blushed, looking down. It was like high school all over again.

“What are you staring at?” I asked playfully, nudging my shoulder as we continued to walk. I smirked, shrugging and looking down shyly.

“Obviously it was something, don’t play coy with me.” He budged, a broad smile gracing his beautiful face. What little Irish accent he had came out in that sentence, making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

“I was just admiring you.” I said sheepishly, looking away after the words escaped my lips. Jonathan stopped abruptly and swept me up into his arms, pressing his lips against mine. We remained wrapped up in each other, lost in a deep kiss for minutes before releasing.
Breathless, I tried to catch my breath as we began walking again, “What was that for?”
“I was admiring you, I’m just more aggressive.” He replied, smirking and squeezing my hand. I giggled and swung out hands.

We rounded another block and reached a 24 hour diner. The two of us took a seat in a booth in the back and glanced over the menus. I didn’t even look twice; I knew immediately what I wanted, Pancakes. Just the thought of those fluffy cakes, stacked, smothered in gooey butter and syrup made my mouth water. Fuck watching my calorie intake, my rigorous “exercise” routine with Jonathan will fix that.

With a satisfied smile, I set my menu down and looked up at Jonathan who was still glancing through the menu. I began to stare again, watching his icy blue eyes scan the menu. He glanced up and met my gaze, a devilish smirk spreading across his face.
“Caught you again.” He said, his smirk forming into a smile. I felt my face grow hot and smile creep onto my face.

“I can’t help it.” I said defensively, “Resisting your charm is so hard sober.”
“Well when we get home-“He began but stopped when the waitress approached the table. We placed our orders and tried to ignore the waitress’s curious looks. She obviously was beginning to recognize Jonathan. He was polite and charming, none the less.

“So in all the many hours we’ve spent together, I still don’t know much about you.” He said, folding his arms on the table top. I looked down and began stirring the straw in my Diet Coke.

“Not much to tell, I’m nothing special.” I said modestly, still looking down into my caramel colored diet beverage.

“I still want to know.” He pressed on; I looked up to see my favorite blue eyes intently studying me.

“Well,” I began, clearing my throat. “I’m twenty-one years old. I’m from the Palmdale area, which is about thirty minutes from here. I work too much, which leads to the neglect of my cat, Milo. My depressive tendencies lead me to drink and smoke more than I should. And I’m having a terrible trouble finding a decent man.”

“We sound like we’re in the same boat.” He said wistfully, giving me a weak smile. I reached across the table and placed my hand over his. His thumb gently caressed the bottom of my pinky.

“I think that’s why I’m so drawn to you.” I found myself saying, gazing out at the city street through the window.

“I honestly don’t know what it is that makes you so addicting, you’re just as bad as the drink for me.” He began, his eyes looking into mine meaningfully. “I can’t place my finger on it. I’ve been with some of the richest, most beautiful women, but you are just something else, something so much deeper, so much more.”

My mind was unable to comprehend what he had just said. I found myself speechless and unable to reply. Luckily, the waitress set our food before us. Just in time.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm going on vacation starting Sunday. Which means like 4 days without updates. Since I've gotten some feedback, I'll update alot tomorrow. Enjoy. :]