I Never Want to Leave This Bed

Twenty

My eyes fluttered open, the room was pink with the setting sun pouring in. I slowly sat up in bed to see Jonathan snuggled in bed beside me; he stirred awake as I rose. Opening his eyes, he smiled softly at me, opening his arms for me. I lowered myself into his arms and let him pull me close to his chest. I snuggled into his neck and took in his scent.

“I told you I’d be back, you were just asleep.” He said, pressing a kiss to my forehead. His fingers caressed my arm lovingly.

“I know, I know, I was just so sleepy.” I mumbled into the soft skin on his neck, placing gentle kisses along his neck down to his collarbone.

“We need to talk.”He said into my hair, holding me tight for another second then releasing me. I lay on my back and looked up at him, waiting for him to begin.

“I’m starting my next film sooner than expected; I need to depart for London within the next few days.”He said gravely, his fingers softly tracing my stomach.

“Oh, well that’s…disappointing.”Was all I found myself saying, I wasn’t sure what else to say.

“That’s the thing, it doesn’t have to be. Come with me!” He said suddenly, pulling me tightly and moving me on top of him. His blue eyes were wide with hope and happiness. I was speechless, my mouth fell open.

“Jonathan, I don’t know what to say, I…” I trailed off and tried to comprehend what he had just said.

“Come on, we’ll pack all your stuff and stay in my loft. I’ll give you the world.” He said, pulling me into a soft kiss. I pulled away and sat up, my legs still straddling his waist. As I looked out the window my brow furrowed and I began to chew on my lip.

“What’s wrong, love?”He asked, “Isn’t this perfect?”

“I can’t go.” I said softly, still looking away. His smile faded and the light dimmed in his eyes.
“Why not?” He asked, his voice tinged with sadness. He grabbed my legs and shook me so I’d look at him.

“I have responsibilities, Jon.” I began, “I have a job, a bestfriend, a cat, an apartment to pay for. I just can’t run off on a whim. I have to get back to reality.”

“I’ll take care of it. Just please go, I need you.” He begged, his eyes pleading me to reconsider.

“Jon, I can’t. I can’t live a fantasy, I have to be me. This is me.” I said motioning to the room around me. I could tell Jonathan was not satisfied with my response; he looked away, his lips flattened out.

“But what I can give you is this,” I pulled his hands to my chest and placed them on my heart, “You’ll always have my heart, you mean so much to me. I’ll always be here, waiting for you.”

Jonathan said nothing, he just looked deep into my eyes, like he was searching for something. He pulled his hands from mine and let them cup my cheeks. Pulling me closer, he pressed his lips to mine. We locked in a deep kiss for what felt like an eternity, but in the best way.

“Then let us just love, love until the very last moments.” He whispered against my lips. I sucked in a sharp breath and let him pull my t-shirt over my head. He wasted no time in removing his own shirt as well.

Pulling my face to his again we lip locked, this kiss was different. It wasn’t the lusty drunken kisses I had received before, it was full of meaning. They were kisses of longing, sadness, and love.

While our mouths moved with slow, passionate rhythm, Jonathan unclasped my bra and threw it to the ground. Gently, he pushed me over onto my back, shifting his weight on top of me. Not moving his mouth from mine, he slid my shorts and panties down and off, letting them fall to the floor.

After removing the rest of his clothing, in a rare turn of events, he didn’t immediately take me. Instead he pulled his lips from mine and looked deeply into my eyes while running his fingers through my blonde hair. He placed one soft gentle kiss on my lips before slowly tracing kisses from my neck down to my belly. Not one inch of me went untouched. His lips grazed my inner thighs, sending a shudder through my body. I was swimming in ecstasy.
His kisses traced back up my body and returned to my lips as he positioned himself

between my legs. Those beautiful, blue eyes bore deep into mine as a soft smile spread across his face. I let my fingers run through his dark hair, trailing down his face to caress his soft cheeks. He pulled me closer and kissed me deeply as he gently entered me.
It was odd, I was so used to the rough, angry sex I had grown accustomed to but this was different. This time he was gentle, he was caring, and he was so attuned into my pleasure. He moved just the way I wanted and stared into my eyes the entire time. At the present moment it was just us, nobody else.

For the first time in the history of our brief sex life, we finished together. Our bodies entwined and glistening with sweat. My breath was ragged but not from physical exertion but an overload of bliss. Never in my life had I felt so loved, so in tune with another human being. I truly loved him.