I Never Want to Leave This Bed

Four

Pulling myself from my thoughts, I concluded my shower. I had no idea how long I had been in there, long enough for the hot water to run out. Grabbing a towel and wrapping it around my body, I wiped away the steam from the mirror.

Staring at my reflection I scanned my bare body, it was something I did every time I got out of the shower. I guess it's a girl thing. My hands rand down my stomach, reaching my hips. I felt the sting of a bruise and turned to survey the area. Sure enough, a few small, finger sized, bruises dotted my hips. They were a week old and already starting to turn yellow and fade. Seeing them there reminded me of his presence, he had a hold on me.

Trying to avoid another painful memory, I left the bathroom. I found Sarah laying two dresses out across one of the hotel beds. She turned to me and smiled, seeking my approval.

"You pick which one you want to wear, I like both of them." Sarah said with a smile, raising her eyebrows.

I observed both dresses, both appealed to me as well. One was dark turquoise halter dress that came up just above the knee, it looked like it would be somewhat tight. The second was a simple, strapless black dress. I went for the black dress, I wasn't looking to stand out tonight. Blending in sounded appealing to me.

"Come on girl, let's get ready." Sarah said happily, pulling me back into the bathroom with her.

After an hour of getting ready we were all set for a night on the town. Sarah looked fabulous in the turquoise dress, it really brought out her green eyes against her long, dark hair. I had my long blonde hair down as well, with my career it ware rare that I got to let my hair down. It felt nice.

"I know of this cool pub downtown, they usually have a band playing and lots of hot guys." Sarah said, emphasizing the lot of guys part. A smirk curled her lips as I watched her think of all those hot Irish men. Her boy crazy ways brought a smile to my face, she was all over the place.

Sarah and I took a cab to Micky's the bar she had previously mentioned. She completely right, this place was fabulous. It was a two floor bar, with a bar on both floors. Downstairs the band played on a stage overlooking a dance floor. The top floor overlooked the band and the dance floor. Men were drinking and playing pool, women were laughing loudly and gossiping. The fun atmosphere really perked me up.

"You need a serious drink." Sarah said with a devilish grin, leading me to the bar. We both took a seat at the bar. Sarah obnoxiously flagged down the bartender and ordered a fruity cocktail. I decided to go somewhat strong and order a Long Island Iced Tea.

"Don't make yourself sick." Sarah said when she heard me order.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Go find you a man, let a girl have her drink." I told her, waving her off.

"Oh you know I will." She said with a smirk and a wink. Just then a man that would fit the "tall, dark, and handsome" profile passed by.

"Speaking of which." Sarah said, averting her eyes to Mr.Man that had just passed. With one swift movement, Sarah had slid off the bar stool and made her presence known to this man of her choice. I smiled and laughed as I watched her flirt.

"You know you're really cute when you smile." A voice said from behind me, I turned to meet an all too familiar face.

"God, I can never have a drink without you showing up, can I" I said rolling my eyes and turning away.

"Apparently I can't have a drink without you distracting me." He retorted, I rolled my eyes again.

I drained my drink and motioned for the bartender to get me another. My annoyance watched me curiously as the bartender set the next drink before me.

"You should be careful, getting wasted in an unfamiliar bar." He prodded, watching me swallow half of my drink.

"You should be careful, talking to unfamiliar girls."I replied as a matter oh factly. He smiled and laughed.

"You are a sassy little thing aren't you, but while we're on the subject of familiarity, I think you and I both know I'm VERY familiar with you." He said leaning closer and closer as he finished his sentenced.

"I don't think I know what you're talking about." I lied, turning away from him again and stirring my drink.

"You never forget the day you join the mile high club." He said with a laugh, taking a sip of his beer.

I turned to look at him, taking a sip of my drink. He was wearing a white v-neck shirt and black blazer. As my eyes trailed up his body, taking in his features I noticed a partially hidden red mark near his collar bone.

"You see it too? You did that." He said, looking down a the bite mark. He pulled his shirt collar over so I could see the whole mark.

"Is that not proof enough, sweetheart?" He asked giving me a smirk.

"Do you ever think that maybe I'm embarrassed?" I retorted, watching his smirk turn into a broad smile.

"Baby, look at me. You and I both know you loved every second of what happened." He said in a cocky tone.

"Yeah I'll leave you to live out that fantasy." I muttered, sliding off the bar stool and walking away. I could hear him leave his stool too, following me.

"Look, I'm sorry. I can't help myself." He said from behind me, grabbing my arm. I turned to look at him, giving him a skeptical look.

"Can you please for the love of god just tell me your name?" He asked, he looked truly sincere in his quest to know me. I sighed giving in.

"My name is Jennifer, are you happy?" I replied, exasperated. Why not? It was apparent to me he was going to keep appearing in my life if I didn't give him attention.

"I'm Jonathan." He shot back, giving me a cute smile. He grabbed my hand and shook it.

"Now, Jennifer." He began, emphasizing my newly learned name, "Let me buy you a drink."

"Jonathan, I'm going to let you get back to your business and do my own thing." I said, emphasizing his name in the same way. I turned to walk away but he pulled me back again.

"Look, you treated me last week, let me treat you." He proposed. I tried my hardest not to make eye contact with him.

"Do you treat all your one night stands like this?" I asked bluntly, giving him an annoyed look.

"None of them were as good as you." He replied, leaning in far too close again.

"I'm sure." I replied sarcastically, trying to pull away again. He pulled me closer again.

"Please?" I said, his face now serious. His eyes begged me, I was sucked in.

"Okay, one drink. That's it." I told him, a smile spread across his face. As much as I hate to admit it, I wanted to return a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to those who subscribed and commented. It means alot. :]