Status: Updating

Demonic Lovers

Chapter 5

“Hell demon? How rude.” I said.
“Shut it.” Mica said. She pressed the knife against my throat as Alejandro squirmed.
“Can you untie yourself?” She asked. Alejandro pulled against the restraints at no avail. Of course he couldn’t, one thing I excelled at was tying knots. I’d first trained to be a hunter and it reacquired knowing stuff like that.

“He’s not going to get out without some help.” I said and Mica pressed the knife tighter against my throat. I let my hands fall flat on Alejandro’s tummy and he went stock still before tossing his head back and screaming. His body arched in pain as I poured my power into the mark appearing over his stomach. Intricate signs slid across the pale flesh before they started spreading down his legs. He was clenching his teeth against the pain as tears leaked from his eyes.

“Stop it.” Mica said and I chuckled.
“Get off me kitten and I might.” Mica seemed unsure on what to do.
“Mica . . . get off him.” Alejandro whimpered. Mica released me and I spun and backhanded her. She flew and hit the door before landing on the ground. I heard the air leave her lungs and knew she’d be down for a while. I turned my attention back to the sweaty boy under me. He panted relief etched across his face.

I brushed his sweaty blond hair from his face and he watched me carefully.
“What did you do to me?” He asked. I smiled and reached up before undoing the ropes. He pushed me backwards but I gripped his wrist and flipped him over. He struggled again as I moved the hair from the back of his neck.

“That fucking dick.’ I spat. I never liked how some hunters marked their favorite slaves. The vampire’s crest stood out in burned flesh against half-breed’s neck. I didn’t have time to dwell on it further before the door burst open. Two humans came in armed with silver crossbows. One shot Mica and the other pointed his weapon at me.

I rolled with Alejandro before yanking the mattress up and using it as a shield. Alejandro went limp as I thrusted him away from me and tossed the mattress at the humans. It smacked into them and I sprung over and slit the throat of the first one. The other fired again and it caught my shoulder. Pain exploded in my shoulder and I screamed as I hit the floor. The human smirked and aimed the bow at me. I gazed up weakly at him. He couldn’t have been older then fourteen. His face still held a childlike look but his eyes aged him.

I closed my eyes as my shoulder throbbed and the pain spread through my body. There was a thump and a groan before something knocked the air out of me. I opened my eyes and grunted as I struggled to use my left arm to push the dead human off. Alejandro slammed the door closed and locked it. He turned back to me and I saw he was holding a discarded crossbow. I stared at it and he chuckled.
“I just saved your life why would I shoot you?”
“Principle.” I said wincing as I sat up.

Alejandro’s brow furrowed before he dropped next to the human. He ruffled through his pocket as I examined my wounded shoulder. I yelled curses in elfin and Alejandro glanced up, winced and glanced wound. My shoulder was swollen, bright red and bumpy where the arrow had sliced it. It looked like it was getting infected.

“The arrows are coated in an herb that’s fatal to demons.” Alejandro said holding up a small bottle filled with bright green liquid. He tucked it into his pocket just as there was a crash at the door. He picked up the silver crossbow and glanced at Mica.

She looked much younger then I remembered. For once in my life I felt guilt tug at my heart. It was better than the arrow sticking through hers though. Alejandro brushed the hair from her face and knelt down. His lips brushed her ear as he spoke in a language I didn’t know. He leaned away and tucked another arrow into her hand.

A crash sounded outside the door just in time for a new wave of pain to hit me. I screamed and Alejandro quickly covered my mouth. More shouts came from behind the door. Something slammed into the door and the wood creaked. Alejandro cursed.
“Is there another way out of the room?” I nodded tears leaking from my eyes.

The pain was so intense. A fire was ripping through me burning my blood vessel and boiling my blood. Alejandro cupped my face. His blue eyes crackled with electricity and I felt my body tingle. What power did he possess?”
“I’ll heal you but first we have to get out of here. So stop being a pussy and get ready to move.” Anger blotted out some of the pain as he hefted me to my feet. I hurried to the desk and pushed it revealing a trapdoor.

I opened it the smell of dirt and mold hit my nose. The door was hit again and this time it buckled. Alejandro stared into the inky blackness. It showed no end in sight. I didn’t even what to think what might be crawling around in there. Stuff like Shadows . I shivered.
“Do you control any elements?” Alejandro asked breaking me from my haunting thoughts. I nodded.
“Fire.” The blond looked back at Mica.
“Set the room on fire and let’s go.” He hopped down the hole. I didn’t think about his request as I tossed a fireball just as the door gave. I jumped and the ice cold air sucked me in and I passed out.