The Frayed Ends Of Sanity

Raven's Got a Gun

Zacky's P.O.V.
I left my house at five til 3 to pick Raven up. I couldn't believe she agreed to come with me to practice.

I arrived at her house and parked my car in front. I walked up to the door and rang the doorbell. A dog started barking from behind it. Seconds later, I heard it run back the way it came and start barking again.

After waiting a few more minutes, Raven appeared in the doorway looking like she had just woken up. When she realized it was me at the door, her glazed eyes shot wide open and she exclaimed, "Oh, fuck! I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sleep so late. I'm not dressed or anything." She waved me in and told me to wait on the couch while she changed.

I walked into her living room and sat on the couch. The dog I heard earlier ran in with a cat-shaped toy held tightly in his teeth. He placed it in my lap, wanting me to throw it. I tossed it into the kitchen and watched him dash after it.

I repeated this process until Raven came in and said, "Cerberus, leave Zacky alone and come get your food."

Cerberus wagged his tail and chased Raven into the kitchen. I followed the two and leaned on the counter.

"Does he ever get tired?" I asked as she finished pouring Cerberus's food.

She laughed. "Not very often. He's fucking hyper like all the time."

I watched her put the food back up then said, "We better go. Matt will throw a hissy fit if we're any later." She said okay, gave Cerberus one last pat on the head, and followed me to the car.

Raven's P.O.V.
When we arrived at Matt's (AKA Buff Man from P.E. as I like to think of him), everyone was set up and waiting. I noticed the rest of the band consisted of the people Zacky had been hanging out with on the first day. I recognized Brian, who was also in my gym class, first. Then there was Jimmy, who was freakishly tall, and Johnny who was my height.

On the right side of the garage, a girl with bright pick hair was sitting on a couch.

"You remember the guys," Zacky said as we entered the garage. I waved to them. "And that," he indicated to the girl on the couch, "is Casey, Matt's girl. Casey this is Raven."

Casey got up and shook my hand. "Nice to meet you Raven."

"It's nice to meet you too. You don't go to school here do you?"

"I'm home schooled," she replied.

Lucky.

We both sat on the couch and talked about random stuff until the guys started playing. We both listened for a while until Casey leaned over and whispered, "I'm bored. Let's ditch these guys." I smiled and agreed.

When the guys finished their song, Casey informed them we were leaving. "To where?" Zacky asked, casting me questioning glances.

"Raven's house," Casey answered.

"How are you getting there?"

Casey paused to think then walked over to Matt. "Can we borrow your car?" Matt groaned but handed over the keys. Casey kissed Matt on the cheek and thanked him.

"So, where are you from?" Casey asked as I unlocked the door to my house.

"Kansas."

As soon as I opened the door, Cerberus came running at us. I told him to go lay down and he obeyed. He may be extremely hyper, but he was pretty obedient.

I led Casey up to my room and she sat on the bed. "I like your room," she said admiring the many band posters on the black and lime green walls. "You've got a good taste in music I see." "

Thanks. I'm going to let Cerberus out so I'll be back in a sec."

Cerberus was already in front of the door when I got down there. I opened the door to the backyard and watched him shoot out.

I returned to my room and was shocked at what I saw. Casey had found my spare weapons for my job under the bed where I kept them.

"Wow. Are you that paranoid about getting attacked?" she asked me.

"Um...Yeah you could say that."

She stared momentarily then shrugged. She returned my box of weapons to their place under my bed. Holy fuck, that was close.

"What do you think about Zacky?" she asked randomly after about thirty seconds.

"He's okay I guess. Why?"

"No reason. He really likes you though. The other day all he could talk about was you. I'm sure you already figured out he liked you."

I blushed and laughed a little. "Yeah, I did."

"Hey! Mind if I stay here tonight? You know, to get to know each other better."

"I don't care. My parents won't be home so I could use some company."

"Okay, awesome."

I smiled. Maybe I could make some friends here.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY! another chapter written!

Tell me what you guys think.

M. Vengeance