Status: Updated 10/2

In Love With a Stripper

Thoughts Of You

(Jynx’s POV)

I unlocked the car doors with the key ring button and Robbi and I both got in. I couldn’t believe she had done it, I mean I thought I knew her and I know she wouldn’t have done anything like that. I was honestly disappointed in her. Not to mention that not too long ago she was telling me that she wished that Brian would come to her and apologize and make everything better, but when he did she just threw it all back in his face.

“I’m hungry,” she said. I smiled that’s the Robbi I know. I turned toward our old neighborhood where the Jamaican food place was. I knew they would cheer her up. I bought us both two Jamaican beef patties and then bought them out to her. We sat there eating.

“You wanna spend the night at our place tonight?” I asked as we finished out food.

“I don’t think so. I mean Brian might just decide to show up there again,” I gave her a sad smile.

“Well…you think I could…spend the night with you?”

“Don’t you have a man at home?” she asked obviously trying to tell me she wanted some time alone.

“I’m not completely sure he’ll be there and not out with Babs,” I said trying to get her to change her mind.

“Didn’t we already determine that she and he were old news? That Jared was using old pictures to get between you two?”

“I would believe that if he would stop disappearing all the time…”

“That’s it pull over,” she grabbed for the stirring wheel.

“Are you crazy?” I yelled pulling over. She quickly jumped out of the car and ran around to the driver’s side.

“Get out,” she said pulling my arm. I did as she told me to and she sat down in the driver’s seat. “Come on,” I ran around the car and got into the passenger’s seat. Then she drove off doing a crazy u-turn to go the opposite direction we had been headed in. “We are going to get the truth right from the horses mouth. We are going to Ruby’s to talk to Babs.”

“But it’s the middle of the afternoon.”

“She’s always there helping Ruby out and I’m tired of you putting Gee in the dog house for something he’s not even doing. Besides you won’t be happy until you know for sure.” two minutes later we pulled into the clubs parking lot and two cars sat there. We both got out and I froze. “Come on if it comes down to it you know I’ll kick her ass,” I smiled at her and we both headed inside. The normal lights were on so it looked more like a theatre than a club.

“Hey, I knew you would be back after…” Ruby stopped herself. “You aren’t back for your jobs are you?” we both shook our heads and smiled. “Damn it, you two used to bring the crowds. Even when you were only doing one night, oh well what brings you to our neck of the woods?”

“I…we need to talk to Babs,” I said.

“Oh she’s in the back hanging up the new costumes,” she dismissed us with a wave of her hand and we both headed to the back.

“There are my girls what’s up? I didn’t ever think you two would be back. I mean you were never really cut out for this place…” she stopped talking taking note of our faces. “What’s wrong?”

“I…We…” I stuttered unsure how to continue.

“Are you fucking Gerard?” Robbi asked for me.

“What? Fuck no,” she said. “Where would you get that idea?” I took one of the many pictures that Jared had provided and handed it to her. “Oh…” her eyes got big, “Oh Jynx we are friends you know I wouldn’t do that to you. This picture is over three years old. Gerard was always shy around the girls and sometimes he needed a date for functions. He used to take me to avoid having to find a date, but he and I never had anything more than a business arrangement. I’m genuinely happy for the two of you.”

“I’m sorry, but this isn’t the only thing that makes me think he’s cheating on me. He disappears all the time and doesn’t tell me where he’s going and he’s never where he says he’s going to be. If its not you its gotta be someone,” I said plopping down into a nearby chair.

“Jynx Gerard would never hurt you like that.” Babs said.

“He always comes back smelling like perfume.” I said giving her more evidence.

“That could be a lot of things. He’s a rock star. He could be trying to surprise you with something. I mean there are so many possibilities.” I got up and hugged Babs.

“I’m sorry, but I just had to be sure,” I smiled at her. “You really think he’s just trying to do something nice for me?”

“I can’t think what else he would be doing. Where did you get these anyway?” I bit my lip not wanting to tell her that I got them from the least trustworthy person I knew.

“She got them from Jared,” Robbi finally spoke. “I’ve been trying to tell her since she started getting those pictures that they weren’t what she thought they were, but she wouldn’t listen to me.”

“Sorry, but…This is my first time in love and I’m scared as hell that he’s going to hurt me,” I smiled. “Come one Robbi, I gotta go make things up to him,” we both hugged Babs one more time. Then we both went back out to the bar and hugged Ruby who said that if we ever need a job we had one at the club. I smiled knowing that wild horses wouldn’t be able to make me go back to dancing. I got into the car and drove off toward Robbi’s place. “Do you love Brian?” I asked. I knew it was a rather random question but I had to ask.

“Yes,” she said in a quiet voice.

“Then you should be with him. I mean I love you for helping me with Gerard and stuff but you really need to be working on getting Brian back. I know you want him and today proves that he wants you,” she just looked at me trying to hold back tears.

“If he loved me he would have fought for me. I’m giving him the chance now. Besides that fact if he can’t trust me than I can’t be with him. I know what Gerard feels right now. He’s not doing anything wrong, but you had already made up your mind that he was guilty. That’s what Brian did and look what it cost him. Go home right now and make sure that Gerard knows that you trust him.” she concluded as we pulled up to her apartment building. I reached over and gave her a hug.

“Call me if you need anything okay,” I watched her into her building. I hoped she wasn’t in any pain after the abortion, but its not like she would tell me anyway. I pulled back out into traffic and pulled out my phone. I dialed Gerard’s number and waited for him to answer.

“Hey baby how is she?” he asked.

“She seems fine…” I stopped talking trying to find the right words to say to him. “Gerard I’m sorry,” I said.

“Baby why are you sorry you didn’t do anything,” he said making me smile.

“Gee I’ve been acting like a bitch for a long time now. I’ve been accusing you of terrible things and I wanted to tell you I was sorry. I know you wouldn’t ever hurt me like that, but I was just scared…”

“Jynx I know don’t worry about it I forgive you if that’s what you want to hear, but I haven’t exactly been making it easy for you to believe me when I tell you I’m not cheating. Look how about I meet you at home and we can talk some more.”

“I would like that very much baby,” I smooched into the phone and he did the same causing me to laugh and we both said goodbye just as the light turned red. I stopped the car and a second later I was being pulled out of the car and was suddenly in Jared’s arms.

“You would have been better off not asking Babs,” he said dragging me into a nearby park. I watched from afar as his brother jumped into my car and drove off. “I don’t know why you are taking this so hard. I told you that you would be mine and you will be one way or another,” in an instant thoughts of the child I was carrying went through my head. Thoughts of never seeing Gerard again. Never seeing my mother or Robbi again.

I started fighting. I stomped on his foot causing him to let me go for a split second. I took off running away from him. He snagged my arm just as I was about to clear the bushes that hid us from the street. He pushed me down to the ground and pinned me under his weight. I kept fighting trying to gouge out his eyes. He got frustrated and smacked me hard across the face. I was stunned for a few seconds and his hands started roughly exploring my body. I shook my head trying to push the stars from the outside of my vision. When I finally recovered enough I hit him a few times and was able push him off of me. Then I ran without looking back. I ran straight out into the street. I heard a horn beep and then darkness took over.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took so long i was in a car accident and well i've been trying to get back into the groove of things so hope you enjoyed and if you want the whole story or to see a pic of the car go read my journal.

Non