Status: Updated 10/2

In Love With a Stripper

30 Seconds To Jupiter

(Jynx’s POV)

“Okay Robbi so what are we not doing tonight?” I asked.

“Working.”

“And if we dance.”

“We dance with someone else, not by ourselves.” It had taken me hours to convince her that we needed a break. That tonight was just going to be us hanging out. Of course we would still be using our stage names, but we couldn’t change that. It was one of my rules. I’d rather them know the girl they see dancing on stage as Sue, not Jynx.

We took a cab all the way from Queens to Jersey where the party was being held. As we pulled up to the house I almost fainted when I saw how beautiful, the place was. We walked up the front steps to the house and the door was already open so we just walked in.

We entered into a room that had a high ceiling and beams going across to the other side of the room. It had windows in between the openings making it easy to look out at the stars. There were people everywhere.

“Sue, Anonymous I thought you two would never get here,” Lucy said coming over to us. “Don’t forget to call me Babs while we are here too k,” she whispered. I just rolled my eyes we had all decided this when we decided to come to this party. Only she was here for work. “You guys go mingle and have some fun okay, the open bar is out by the pool in the back.” I smiled a thank you and pulled Robbi out to the bar.

“Robbi, don’t get carried away,” I said then I felt someone’s arms circle my waist.

“Why don’t you come over here and talk to me for a little while Sue?” I instantly recognized the voice and I wanted to melt. It was Gerard. “This time since we are on my turf, we play by my rules.” I smiled and let him lead me over to a gazebo that was off to the side. He motioned for me to sit in a cushioned patio chair and handed me a beer.

“How do you know I didn’t want a cosmo?” I asked with a knowing smile.

“As much as you would like to believe you do, you don’t have me fooled. You may live in New York now but that is definitely not where you are from and I think where you’re from you drink beers just like I do.”

“Yeah we do, but so far every man I meet in this city is grossed out when I reach for a beer.”

“Please tell me you eat food.” he said. I smiled.

“Give me a burger and fries over a salad any day.” we stayed there talking for I don’t know how long. I learned a lot of things about him that the internet and magazine interviews don’t cover. It felt like a date. I mean it wasn’t that bad cause he’s already seen me naked.

“There’s my Jynxie.” I closed my eyes as I heard Robbi’s slurred voice from behind me.

“Anonymous didn’t I tell you not to get carried away?” I said turning toward her.

“Jynx, is that your stage name?” Gerard said from behind me.

“No Sue is my stage name.” I turned back toward him and stuck out my hand. “I’m Jynx Maria Macey.” he took my hand and pulled me to my feet.

“Nice to meet you,” he said stressing the word you. Then he left, his face was really hard to read. It was like he was hurt or maybe embarrassed. I even think I saw a little flash of anger.

“Jynxie, I want you to meet some of my new friends.” Robbi said pulling me into the house. I just kept looking for Gerard. I wanted to explain about the name thing. How I had planned to tell him about my real name. “This is my new friend Jared. He’s in that band you like. 30 Seconds to Jupiter or something like that.” I gave him a polite smile, his hair fell into his eyes and he brushed it back.

“It’s nice to meet you,” I said.

“This is Jynx…I mean Sue. Oh I’m sorry Jynxie.”

“We better get going.” I said more to him then her cause she wasn’t going to remember any of this later.

“Let me give you a ride,” he said standing up. He hadn’t taken his eyes off of me. “I mean its going to take you forever to get a cab to come and pick you up.” I tried to think of a good reason not to take his offer. Nothing came to mind.

“Sure.” I grabbed, Robbi’s arm pulling her out of Bob’s arms and we headed out to Jared Leto’s car.