Status: Updated 10/2

In Love With a Stripper

What If

(Jynx’s POV)

I started to stretch out only to realize that Gerard had me in somewhat of a death grip. Instead of trying to get free I snuggled closer to him, taking in his scent and the feel of his body.

“Gerard,” I said barely over a whisper. He didn’t even stir. “Gerard,” I called a little louder.

“Go back to sleep,” he said running the palm of his hand over my face causing me to close my eyes.

“No I’m hungry, but I want to cook. In order for me to do that I need you to let me go,” I explained.

“No, I can’t sleep with you roaming the house,” I smiled.

“Well then go take a shower and by the time you’re done breakfast should be ready.”

“But I don’t want…” I felt his arms loosen just a little and took the opportunity to slip from his grasp. “Hey,” he protested.

“Oh just go get in the shower,” I said grabbing one of his shirts from the closet. Then I made my way quietly to the kitchen. I wanted to make my mother breakfast in bed.

Twenty minutes later I had set up three trays. One for Gerard, my mother and one for me. I picked up one, added a cup of orange juice and quietly made my way to the guest room. As I got closer I was able to hear my mother talking on the phone.

“Yes I miss you too…oh so now you got jokes…No…No why would I tell her about you?…oh hell no…not now…you don’t know anything about her…You should have thought of that years ago…” I knocked on the door. “I have to go… Come in,” she called to me. I pushed open the door with my foot and walked over to the table.

“So whose the lucky guy?” I asked.

“You don’t worry your pretty little head about it.”

“Oh come on mom I have to make sure he’s good enough for you.”

“Jynx you don’t have to worry about it,” I tried not to feel on the outs. “Thank you for breakfast, but you should have let me cook for you.”

“Mom you deserved it,” she smiled. “So you just changed the subject instead of telling me…”

“So are you going to make this room into a nursery?”

“No there’s a room right next to ours that we are going to turn into the nursery,” I said. “Now why don’t you want me and your new boyfriend to meet.”

“Jynx I said leave it and I meant it. I will not explain myself to you.”

“Mother I’m not a child anymore and you can’t just tell me what you want me to do and expect me to do it.”

“That’s rather evident by your current situation,” she yelled. I sat there stunned that she would say that. I stood up abruptly. “Jynx…” I didn’t stick around to see what she had to say I just left her closing the door behind me. I went straight to my room and closed the door locking it. I sat down on the bed. Just yesterday she was saying that she wasn’t disappointed in me. Then suddenly this morning she is. At least then I was expecting it to be hard to talk to her, but this just caught me completely off guard.

“Jynx, I have your plate. Can you open the door,” Gerard yelled.

“Go away I’m not hungry.”

“Baby you just said you were hungry, and besides that fact if you don’t want to be sick you’re going to have to eat something, before the morning sickness kicks in,” I rolled my eyes and wished that he hadn’t read all those pregnancy books.

“I said I’m not hungry.”

“Jynx what’s wrong.”

“Nothing,” I said as tears started streaming down my face.

“Jynx why are you crying?” he asked suddenly alarmed. “Baby open the door. Please.”

“Gerard I’m fine just go away.”

“No, open the door,” I could hear anger and frustration surfacing in his voice.

“No,” I waited for his response when none came I laid back on the bed wiping tears as they fell. Two minutes later there was a knock on the door.

“Jynx if you don’t open this door…”

“Go away mother.”

“Jynx Gerard called the guards from the gate up to the house and if you don’t open the door they are going to bust it down. So get your narrow ass out of the bed and open this door now,” I wanted so badly not to do what she told me to, but I also didn’t want then to bust down the door. “Jynx!” I sighed and got out of bed and I quickly unlocked the door. Then went back to the bed and crawled under the covers.

“Jynx?” this time it was Gerard calling me. I felt the bed sink beside me. “What did I do?” I smiled.

“You didn’t do anything. I promise,” he lifted the edge of the covers and I watched as he crawled under and lay next to me.

“Then why were you in here crying?”

“My mother doesn’t want me to meet her new boyfriend cause I’m pregnant.”

“Your mother has a boyfriend?”

“I over heard part of her phone conversation and she kept saying that he couldn’t meet me. Then I asked her about it and she said that I wouldn’t be in this situation if I had listened to her.”

“Gerard can you leave my daughter and I alone,” my mother said. I grabbed his arm and shook my head. I didn’t want to talk to her.

“Gerard please,” I said as he pulled from my grasp.

“Talk to your mother cause you need to work this out with her.” I heard him close the door behind him, but I stayed under the covers.

“Jynx I heard what you said and that’s not why I don’t want him to meet you. I don’t think the two of you should meet for my…other reasons.”

“Like what? I mean why are you even dating now anyway? You never dated before.”

“That’s because I wanted you to know that you didn’t need a man to live. I did that a little too well. Plus with you here I’m a little lonely in that house by myself.”

“So move here,” I said.

“I’m not going to leave my life behind, I’m just going to change the way I live and I’m sorry that I snapped at you. I guess its harder than I like to admit to let you grow up.”

“Mom I only got upset cause last night I was expecting you to be disappointed in me for all of this and when you weren’t I was so happy. Then this morning you said that and it was sorta like a surprise attack that I wasn’t expecting.”

“I know, but I wanted you to drop it and you wouldn’t. I guess you get that stubbornness from your father,” she said with a smile.

“Don’t compare me to him,” I said softly. I hadn’t seen or heard from my father since I was born and I didn’t like to think of him either.

“What if…What if I told you that I was dating your father?” I sat there for a moment letting it sink it.

“You’re dating that bastard that left you while you were pregnant?” I yelled.

“I said what if?”

“You and I both know that when you say what if it means I’m doing it but I don’t what to come right out and tell you yet. How could you?”

“He had good reason’s for leaving.”

“There’s never a good reason for a man to leave his family.”

“He wanted to make a better life for us.”

“He really showed that by staying away for the past 19 years,” I spat. “I hope you don’t expect me to talk to him or anything. Cause that’s not going to happen. As far as I’m concerned he was just a sperm donor.”

“See this is why I didn’t want to tell you and I’ve been telling him he can’t meet you. I mean he knows about you and Gerard and I don’t want to take any chances of him just using Gerard or you. I know what maybe going on in his head. I’ve been hurt by him before and I won’t let it happen again. I won’t let him hurt you again either, understand?” I looked at her for a moment. She wanted me to approve of her dating my father. He’d weaseled his way back into her life. Something I’m sure neither of us expected to happen.

“It’s your love life, I can’t tell you not to date him,” she just gave a tired smile.

“That’s good enough for me I guess. Now go eat something before you get sick. I’m sure you don’t want to be throwing up all morning. You probably can’t wait to call Robbi and tell her about your mother’s new love affair.”

“Oh god please don’t call it that,” I said getting out of the bed. I made my way to the kitchen.

“Is everything okay now?”

“We’ll talk later,” I said. Maybe he could help me feel better about this whole thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay Nonnie finally updated!!!!