Status: Updated 10/2

In Love With a Stripper

Apple Pie A La Mode

(Jynx’s POV)

I sat on the edge of the stage waiting for Robbi to finish changing so we could go home. I was a little upset cause Gerard hadn’t come tonight. After last night I don’t blame him he probably thinks I was trying to play him or something. I really was going to tell him that my name wasn’t Sue, before the end of the night, but Robbi beat me to it.

“You ready?” she asked cautiously. She could always tell when there was something wrong with me.

“Yeah,”

“He probably just couldn’t make it tonight.”

“He’s been here every night since I first went topless Robbi.” I said as we walked out the door to the street. “I’m telling you he hates me now.”

“I wouldn’t be so sure,” she said pointing across the street. I followed her gaze to see Gerard standing next to a black escalade. He looked just as good as the first night I saw him in the club. His eyes met mine and I knew I had to go talk to him. “I’ll just go stand over there, okay?” I gave her a smile and watched her walk over and sit the bus stop bench. I walked over to stand in front of Gerard.

“I’m sorry…”

“About last night…” he said at the same time. I smiled.

“I was going to tell you. I swear it’s just. In there I’m Sue, she’s the one who’s dancing, and she’s the one who all the guys want. Out here I’m Jynx the girl that would never be caught in a place like that and…”

“Shh, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have gotten mad. Look in there you are Sue, but last night I wanted you to be you. That’s why I threw the party. I wanted to know the real you so when she said your name was Jynx I kinda felt jipped. Like I had just wasted my time trying to get to know you.”

“Everything I said last night was true I swear I didn’t lie about anything.”

“I didn’t come in tonight cause I wanted to get to know Jynx. I have seen more than enough of Sue. There’s this 24 hour diner not too far. Maybe a late dinner or early breakfast.” I thought about it.

“I just have to go talk to Ro…I mean Anonymous.” I almost gave him Robbi’s name. I walked over to her. “So he wants to go get something to eat…”

“Okay,” she said with a knowing smile.

“I’ll wait till you get a cab and you call me as soon as you get into the apartment.”

“Yes mom.” I rolled my eyes and watched as she hailed a cab. Then I went over to Gerard and he opened the passenger’s side door for me. I was happy that I was in normal clothes. A simple tank, and a pair of jeans, my hair swept up in a messy ponytail.

“So tell me about Jynx,” he said. “By the way how did you get that name?”

“It’s a interesting story actually.” I said with a mischievous smile. I proceeded to tell him my whole life story, from when Robbi and I met in grade school to when we moved here. I told him about how we were supposed to go to school and how we came here to be models. I told him everything only leaving out Robbi’s real name. I knew she wanted to keep her name secret and I wasn’t going to be the one to expose her.

“You are…amazing.” Gerard said as I took a bit of my apple pie a la mode.

“Amazing?”

“You don’t know how amazing you are? I just…I don’t see how you ended up in a place like that?”

“Well I could say the same thing about you,”

“Bob thought I needed to get out. I had just broken up with my ex, and was a little depressed.”

“Yeah the girls said you hadn’t really been in there a lot.”

“Try only once and that was to help Mikey celebrate his engagement.”

“So why have you been there so often lately?” I asked. I think I just wanted to hear that I was right.

“You. I wanted to see you.”

“Well I’m glad, cause I wanted to see you too.”

“So what are your plans?” I didn’t miss a beat. He was asking me how much longer I thought I was going to have to be a stripper.

“Well I start some classes in about a week. After I finish those I should be able to find another job some where nice. That I won’t have to lie to my mother about.”

“You are lying to your mother.”

“Yeah, if she knew she would send the cavalry to bring Anonymous and me home. She would be worried and I can’t have her back home worried about me. I have things under control.”

“What would you do if you could do anything in the world?” I smiled. Hadn’t I already answered that question?

“I would be a model.” I said.

“Than don’t give up. Just keep trying.” I smiled.

“Do you wanna taste this?” he nodded and I got a small piece of pie and some ice cream on the spoon then fed it to him.

“That’s good,” he said.

“Some got on your lip.” I said leaning closer to him. I brushed my lips across his and he moved his hand to the back of my neck to deepen the kiss. “I think I got it,” I said after we pulled apart.

“I’m pretty sure you didn’t,” he said pulling me into another kiss. That’s how the rest of our morning went until he took me home. Robbi was slouched on the couch sleep. I guess she was waiting for me. I grabbed the blanket off her bed and covered her up. Then went to get into my bed I kept replaying every thing that happened with Gerard and I and let myself drift off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment's people