Status: Active

Crazy

The Departure

I held on tightly to the doorknob of Dr. Carls office. Turning it and opening the door, would bring me closer to Craig's departure, something I wasn't quite ready for yet.

I took a deep breath and opened the dark wooden door.

Craig was waiting by the door in his tight jeans and a white v-neck, the white v-neck I wanted to rip off of him.

"Chloe.." He pulled me into a hug and held me tight.

I loved feeling the closeness of his body to mine feeling his stomach muscles through his thin shirt.

"I love you Chloe." He took a deep breath breathing in my scent, "I'm gonna miss you."

Tears slipped from my almond shaped eyes landing on my purple turtleneck.

"You love me?!"

"mmhmm." He touched my bracelet, "You just focus on getting better, I will focus on making a life for us outside of here."

A life outside of here is what he needed.

I was not healthy for Craig.

What Craig needed was a nice sane girl, to help him stay on the same path, not someone like me who wore their crazy on the outside.

I needed to get away from him, for his own good, yet I was too selfish.

Craig was something special to me, something I needed in my life.

Without him, I think I would go to the real nut house, locked away in a fluffy white room in a strait jacket.

But he kept me grounded, and kept me on the path to "getting better" as everyone called it.

But I don't think you get better outside of this place.

I believe they teach you how to camouflage your craziness.

But knowing me, even if I can camouflage it, one day I will let my guard down and my craziness will take over.

"Chloe...." Craig waved his hand in front of my face.

I jumped at the sudden movement.

"I'm sorry, zoning."

He walked slowly towards the door.

"It's time, they are here." Craig said talking about his bandmates arrival.

I walked into his waiting arms.

"Craig, don't worry about me, focus on yourself. You need to be strong, and I know you can do that."

I let his lips brush against mine and then I pushed him away and turned around.

Goodbyes were never anything I was good at.