Status: Keep commenting :)

There Will Be Rain

Let Me In

Alex

“He nearly raped me Alex, I grabbed the nearest thing I could find and I hit him. The police didn’t arrest me, they’ve arrested him. I’m staying with Isobelle right now, but tonight…tonight my…my ex boyfriend…he, he hit me too. Gustav found me and brought me back here”

The anger pulsing throughout my blood was indescribable and causing me to clench my fists in reaction. I couldn’t get my head around it; Jemma was pretty, kind and caring why the fuck would anyone want to lay a hand on her? why the hell would anyone want to resort to making her feel useless, to blame and more importantly fragile?

She still refused to reach my expression; she had avoided my gaze the whole way through her life story. Pulling my beanie off of my head, I used my fingers to mess my hair, in shock almost. Then I did something I had never told anyone, except my band mates but I felt like she needed to hear this.

“You weren’t to blame Jemma, trust me I know what it’s like to blame yourself. It crushes you Jemma, I’ve been through that pain and I definitely do not want to see you go through the same downfall”

She shifted her body slowly against me, her weight soon lifting as for the first time since she told me about Jerry and Ethan she turned to look at me. Her face mirroring one of questioning, her single brow raised slightly; sucking in one huge intake of oxygen I tightened the grasp on our intertwined hands.

“My brother Daniel….he…he. He committed suicide; he was heavily under the influence of alcohol around the time. None of us could stop him…not even…not even me”

Jemma was the first outsider if you must, that I had entirely opened my heart up to about Daniel. I still felt the same burning sensation in my throat that made me choke, that made my eyes start to involuntarily build up. She didn’t say anything, I noticed the tears build in her matching brown eyes; she brought the blanket back over us before leaning down onto my shoulder both of us facing forward not saying a word.

That was when I realized that none of us was to blame in our situations, none of us wanted nor invited pity, we didn’t want to feel pitied. We just remained silent in comfort, I knew she understood about Daniel and when she gave my hand a quick squeeze I knew she was reassuring me I wasn’t to blame either; it was her way of saying that sometimes life sucks.

We spent the rest of the night sharing each others experiences throughout our lives. I can’t imagine how hard it must have been without her mum around to know what was going on or to run to, she got picked on in school for quite a while until she met Isobelle and Oliver. From listening to her intently I found that although she may appear shy she was normally loud and confident around those that knew her best. I was personally going to make this my mission, to discover and witness this side of her.

Suddenly a loud bang drawn me from Jemma as our attention shot to the member of one of the support bands reaching the front lounge. This guy was clearly way over his limits and didn’t have a fuck where he was, Jemma didn’t seem to care but I did when I observed his drunken stares drop to Jemma’s exposed legs in her short shorts. Staring him down I had to refrain myself from standing up and hitting this guy firmly. Instead I bit my tongue, pulling Jemma and the blanket closer towards me and staring the guy down; in the end the guy left sending me a death glare because I managed to cock block him and he left through the tour bus door out into the cold night air.

Snuggling deeper down into the blankets my spine shivered at the cold atmosphere that was briefly let in, Jemma wrapped her arms around my waist as she snuggled down beside me. Sighing outwardly I felt her eyes drift up to mine, her lips pouting ever so.

“What’s the matter, tell me?”

“It’s nothing honestly”

She shook her head side to side softly, not believing it was honestly nothing; catching a glimpse of her pleading eyes I found her hard to resist, the truth effortlessly rolling off my tongue under her spell.

“Normally right now, I would of smacked that guy’s face in. You might not of known it Jem but he was practically eye raping your body”

Putting it bluntly she scrunched her face up in disgust at the truth, her nose wrinkling up to match. Rumbling a raspy laugh in my throat at her reaction, she shot her attention back up to me sensing I wasn’t entirely finished…she was right.

“But I don’t know something in me made me stop doing that tonight. You stopped me doing that, I think…no wait…I know you make me better….as a person”

Her cheeks flushed a deep shade of Scarlett as she bit down on her lip subconsciously. Smiling down at her I kissed her hair before mumbling goodnight and settling down finally to sleep with Jemma comfortably molded into my body.
♠ ♠ ♠
Right so two updates now, this is one Alex's and the next one will be Gustav's
I then want you to tell me who you prefer better Alex and Jemma or Gustav and Jemma because otherwise i'm gunna get writer's block -.-

I promised triple updates, Alex's is the second and i'm posting Gustav like right after this. Even though its nearing 2.10am i'm determined to get these out for you guys xD
So please do me a favor and comment :D
Title Credit - Secondhand Serenade <3
Currently listening to :P -- Boys Like Girls - Someone like you
Amy x