Status: Keep commenting :)

There Will Be Rain

The Last Goodbye

Jemma

“I will leave once you agree to be my girlfriend”

Whirling around on the spot I faced a smirking Gustav Wood, did he really just ask me to be his girlfriend or was I trapped in some deluded dream?

There was silence separating us for a few minutes before I snapped back to reality, Gustav remained glued to the spot on the laminate flooring – not moving. This really was real; he shuffled anxiously on the spot ruffling his dark, dishelved hair into disarray. He probably thought right now that my silence was rejection to him.

“Yes!”

I replied with a smirk on my face, biting down on my bottom lip. His head snapped up immediately, his mysterious blue orbs swirling with excitement and happiness as I launched across the double bed placed in between us, jumping into his embrace as he caught me placing a hard kiss onto my lips.
“Seriously?”

He looked up at me his facial expression changing to one of shock, why the hell wouldn’t I say yes? Deepening the kiss I hugged my arms tightly around his neck bringing him as close to me as I could. Eventually we broke apart and he set me back down onto my feet.

“No I’m just saying yes because I’m an evil ninja disguised to bring you down! Of course I mean it!”

I slapped his arm playfully as he laughed at my comment, we were wrapped in a short embrace once more as I desperately tried to remember his scent – a scent I wouldn’t smell for a very long time; in around 12 hours Gustav would be aboard a plane heading over towards Europe, for 3 months and where would I be, I’d be stuck here in London working my job over at Solar.

Dropping my hand down to tangle our fingers together I slowly pulled him over towards my bed, stripping down to just my undergarments I slipped under the covers. Gustav soon followed my lead and stripped down to his boxers before joining me under the covers, his muscular arms wrapping around my torso bringing my back tight against his chest. The rhythm of his heart beating against me eventually lulls me into a peaceful slumber.

//

The sunlight floated between the vertical cracks in my cream blinds as it hit my face, warming it up in the process. Forcing my eyes open I rubbed them quickly before rolling over to find the space beside me empty, furrowing my brows in confusion I grabbed my phone from the bedside table, it was only 9 in the morning – his flight wasn’t for another 7 hours.

Panicking I threw my legs over the side of my bed jumping up, chucking on a long shirt and rushing out into the hallway. Quickly running into the lounge – he wasn’t there, next I tried the bathroom, and god knows why Isobelle’s room – nothing.

“Now why would you even think I’d run away and leave you alone”

I froze as I ran back into the hallway, the familiar voice had me stuck to the spot, spinning on my heel I managed to follow the rough, husky voice which led me to be faced with the mass of dishelved black hair I had grown to adore – Gustav.

“I…I urm, I didn’t”

Stuttering I looked down to my bare feet sinking and twisting into the carpet as I leaned against the doorframe that connected the hallway and kitchen, my cheeks flushing a crimson pink as the smell of bacon hit my nostrils getting stronger with every passing second.

Still staring down at my coral painted toenails I was distracted when another bare pair of feet came into my line of vision, slowly looking up I was taken by shock as two sweet kisses were placed on each cheek. Gustav sent a smirk my way before guiding me – using his arm – to take a seat and placed the bacon sandwich he held in his hand, down in front of me.

My dark brown eyes grew wide in sheer eagerness as I brought the sandwich up to my mouth and taking a bite, he laughed at me before turning around and grabbing his sandwich sitting down next to me. I stared in awe as I watched as his face scrunched up whilst he took a bite, how his jaw tightened when he chewed and how his mysterious dark pools met mine when he noticed me staring.

“See anything you like?”

He mocked pulling me out of my thoughts; dropping his sandwich down on the plate he ruffled his hair with his fingers – making him even more attractive than ever with his bed hair. Chewing down on the inside of my cheek I stifled a laugh before scratching behind my ear out of nerves.

“Urm maybe… I mean he can cook which is amazing but I’m not sure he kind of…smells”

“Wh…What?”

Laughing I observed as Gustav lifted up his one arm, his muscles visible as he had a vest top over his body, smelling his arm pit before frowning. His bushy brows knitted together as he turned to analyze me skeptically, his arm that was raised dropped down to his side as I studied the anchor tattoo that was inked onto it.

“But I, but I don’t smell”

Rolling my eyes sarcastically I slid off my seat picking up mine and Gustav’s plate and carrying it over to the sink, smirking at no one in particular as I wiped the last remains of fat off the plates. However I dropped the last dish into the sink when I felt his warm breath hit just underneath my ear, making my breath hitch in my throat as his fingers lightly travelled down my ribs to trace circles on my bare thighs.

“That wasn’t very funny”

Gustav whispered against my neck as he was quick to press his lips softly against my shoulder blade; his trailing fingers subconsciously lifting the plaid checkered shirt I was wearing to scrunch up slightly. I rested my head against Gus’s chest as his teeth made work of my neck, however as I placed a kiss upon his jaw – it didn’t seem enough for him. Swiftly I felt his hands grip my hips roughly as I was spun around on the spot, my back being pressed up against the worktop as Gus smirked at my attire.

“What?”

“You know, my shirt looks better on you”

Staring down in shock I pulled the end of the shirt down tight, so it was almost flat against my body; it was only then that I vaguely remembered him wearing it last night, but I had to admit I liked wearing it. Upon lifting my head back up I was about to reply but was cut off by a pair of lips, Gus’s hand traveling to my back as he brought me away from the worktop and closer to him, my hands instantly running through his hair. After a heated make out session, I smiled into the kiss.

“Well then looks like this will be finding a place in my wardrobe then”

I hinted with a tint of excitement in my once lifeless eyes, luckily for me my bruises had completely healed allowing Gus to pull me and grab me as he pleased. For a while he was concerned when I showed him my bruises when he found out, even I was concerned they were pretty bad – but having Gus as my boyfriend was slowly making all them painful memories disappear with every kiss and touch he gave.

Gustav’s face pulled off one of mock shock and as I noticed his mouth about to twitch, to protest. I shut him off by silencing him with my lips.

//

It was half 5 and here I was sitting down on the uncomfortable multi linked chairs at Heathrow Airport, my head leaning against Gus’s chest as the metal, arm rest dug irritably into my ribs – which were healed but still sore. Fraser sat across from us, his legs thrown aimlessly over the arm rest as his head lay on the other, his hood up as he stayed still in slumber.
Simon and Ben zoomed past just at that moment, Simon on the end of a luggage trolley with his arms outstretched to the sides, like Jack and Rose on the titanic – while Ben gripped tightly onto the handle drifting him around the corner while trying to keep control over the trolley on the recently polished, airport floor. John simply sat upright in his seat, a copy of Kerrang open in his lap as his mouth was pressed into a tight line – trying desperately to block out Simon’s screams and concentrate on an article.

Lifting my head off of Gustav’s chest using my hand to gently push myself off I noticed he had too, like Fraser, fallen into a slumber. Poking him in the side had no affect at arousing him from his state, so instead I turned to one person who was awake and in my company – John.

“What article are you reading John?”

He looked up at me tiredly, the lack of sleep between the tour ending and the Europe planning beginning evident in this chestnut eyes. His nose ring moving slightly, as a small smile tugged at the corners of his mouth; without responding with a reply he simply leaned forward in his seat diagonal from us, handing over the magazine with the article he was reading open and facing me. Taking it off him I flashed a smile of thanks – thanks for the distraction of allowing my brain to think of Gus and them all leaving.

My brown eyes trailed over the glossy pages quickly, noting the photographs of a band I had heard – Framing Hanley. Searching my mind to find out how I had known or heard about these was almost impossible; however I continued reading the article regardless.

“Sound familiar”

“No…more like look familiar”

I laughed but still undoubtedly confused as I looked up to John, hoping that somehow he would be able to answer this puzzle for me. A rough chuckle emitted from his throat before he shifted in his seat, his right ankle resting on his left knee as he pulled out his iphone, the light from the screen highlighting his prominent facial features.

“Look at the credit…on the photos”

He spoke nonchalantly never breaking his gaze from his iphone, eagerly I pressed my attention back to the magazine, this time looking more closely at the photographs – squinting as I tried to read the small print on the boarder of the photographs.

Photos; Isobelle Green

Shit! Of course how could I forget? Everything made sense now. A week ago Dianne was ill and the bar was forced to shut for the night, I rang Isobelle to see if she wanted to go out but she said she was working, but explained that I could join her. Fed up I agreed and she told me she’d get me pass the security guards once I’d arrived and to text her.

She was on her third concert job being the photographer, once I got to the gig I must admit the band were pretty awesome – this was them, in the article, Framing Hanley. Kerrang had used the photos Isobelle had taken, the ones I watched her take as I stood in the pits with her helping with her equipment.

Resting the magazine down on the empty seat next to me I hastily pulled out my blackberry, fingers flying over the keys. John smirked at my realization and got up off his seat to retrieve his magazine, flipping him off smirking I sent the message to Isobelle.

Me; Bitch! Your photos are in Kerrang the Framing Hanley ones. Remember me when you’re famous ;) btw I’m going to be home late…x

I hadn’t exactly told her about me and Gustav, she returned home later than me and Gus and crashed, and then when I got up this morning she had disappeared. I assumed she had spent the day with Jack, seeing as they were boarding their flight later on tonight.

Flight 193 to New York is boarding now

My throat went dry and prickly as I felt the slumbering figure besides me beginning to stir, his hands stretching up above his dark hair as he forced one eye open. John got up and grabbed his hold all slinging it over his shoulder as he went to get Simon and Ben – just in the nick of time luckily as they nearly knocked an elderly woman straight off her feet.

“Come on sleepy, time to go”

I whispered as I rubbed my hand on his clothed laden chest to arouse him further from his sleep, a moan escaped his lips as his back arched in his seat and he stretched further. Once finished he sunk back into his seat as he grabbed my hand to pull me up with him.

“Oi Fras! Shift it”

Gus kicked Fraser’s feet which startled the poor guitarist and impromptly pulled him from his deep slumber, shooting Gus a glare he got to his feet straightening the hood upon his head, he gathered his belongings and followed sheepishly behind me and Gus, to the gate.

When we reached the gate Ben, John and Fraser hugged me goodbye before handing their boarding passes over to the stewardess and walking down to the plane. Simon was routing through his bag trying to find his frantically, his beanie hat falling down and blocking his vision as he cussed under his breath.

Laughing to myself I removed Gus’s hands from around my waist as I bent down to Simon’s level, he looked at me flashing me a half hearted smile before checking the side pockets of his bag. Smirking up at Gustav he replied with a raised brow as his arms folded across his chest. Shaking my head from side to side slowly, I reached out and grabbed Simon’s shaking hands he stopped, looking at me directly before I pointed to his side pocket inside his shirt. Curiously he felt his inside pocket before grinning wide, bringing the boarding pass out of the pocket.

Standing up again, Gus laughed at Simon before I was attacked around the waist by Simon’s arms.

“I don’t want to go; what am I going to do without you? WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?!”

He shouted causing a lot of stares to come our way as Simon clung on like a little child does to their mother, looking up at Gus he noticed the understanding and sadness I held back behind my teddy bear brown eyes. Pressing a kiss to my forehead he managed to pry Simon from around my waist and shift him off towards the direction of the plane.

Last boarding call for all passengers to New York

The announcement caught both of our attention as we stared at each other desperately, I was still in Gus’s shirt managing to eventually beat him into submission and he had to willingly leave me with his shirt. He bit his lip as he took the last few moments we had together to take in a huge breath – not really wanting to go.

Nodding in response no words were spoken between us and we just stood on the spot hugging, other people rushing around us to catch their flight or friends and partners saying their farewells. Suddenly a tap on my shoulder pulled me from Gus.

“Excuse me I’m so sorry but Sir? You really need to board your flight now”

Gus gave the employee a polite smile before nodding solemnly, he looked down to the fresh tears escaping from my eyes and trailing down to my quivering bottom lip – I promised myself I wouldn’t cry. Swallowing the lump in his throat he wiped my tears away with his thumb before kissing my moist lips, savoring each second as if it was our last – last for a while anyway.

“I’m no good with goodbyes”

I whispered against his lips honestly, I was never one to say them right or properly, I wasn’t going to start learning now anyway – mainly because I didn’t want to say goodbye, I wanted him to come home with me. His warm breath was the only thing I felt against my lips for a while, he licked his bottom lip finally before speaking quietly so only I could hear.

“It’s not goodbye, it will never be goodbye…it’s just a see you later okay?”

“See you later…I can deal with that”

“That’s my girl”

He pulled me towards him by the collar of his shirt I was wearing, captured our lips in one last kiss, this one a lot shorter than the other as the stewardess was getting more anxious with each passing second. Pulling apart he took one last look at me, as I mentally tried to remember his face – although I doubt I’d forget him anytime soon. Then he was gone just like that, vanishing down the tunnel and to the plane as I stood frozen to the spot – fighting back trying to run after him, but refusing to walk away. The other female stewardess shot me a sympathetic look before closing the gate and travelling to the next flight.

My blackberry was the only thing that made me make my next move.

Isobelle; No fucking way! I didn’t believe you, so I went and bought the magazine I can’t fucking believe it. Oh I won’t be home until late anyway, I’m at Heathrow seeing Jack and the guys off…I thought you’d be here too though, you did promise Alex you’d say goodbye x

Shit I had promised him! I knew there was a reason I wouldn’t be leaving her anytime soon, shoving my phone into my pocket I glanced up at the departures board nearby.

Flight 245 to Baltimore, Gate 5, leaving in 6 hours.

This was going to be one emotionally draining night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shirts come in many sizes...
I am going to apologize every single time for my lateness but this week has been hectic...boy drama, friend drama any type of drama i've probably had it at some point this week :/

Anyway those of my commenters that though that Jemma and Gustav had sex, I'm sorry to disappoint I'm just going to tease you...sorry :3

Also I was motivated to update this as I went to see Young Guns on Thursday, I took my friend as an early birthday present, she nearly fainted as well when Gustav stood by us on the opposite side of the barrier to watch Dangerous! :P I also love Fraser :L Just putting that out there :3

Changed the layout too! Well the photo more like, I took that photo of Gustav at the concert so if you want to use it for whatever...nothing dirty though ;) credit!

Yeah here's a video from the gig as well! Daughter of the Sea <3
They did do There Will Be Rain but my camera cut out, quicker than it did on Daughter of the Sea :(

Comment?
<3