Status: Keep commenting :)

There Will Be Rain

Shameless

Alex

We’d been on tour for a good month or so now and I couldn’t complain at all, this tour seemed different and it was honestly for the better – for the better because we had our two best friends on tour with us. Isobelle and Jemma had finally sorted everything with their tenant back in the UK and had their friends Annie and Mitch fly everything over for them here.

Walking off the tour bus I adjusted the maroon colored beanie on top of my head and sluggishly made my way to the venue for the last stop of the tour, New York. Luckily Simon had saw my tweet about the show on twitter, which led us to be able to sneakily sort out meeting after their set, we had an early show which meant we could surprise them – mainly Jemma and Gus.

The guys were going to be doing a few signings in New York, they’d been there a few times since they came to America just to do interviews and promotions and stuff, but as tonight was their last night in America and we had been touring, I thought it was unfair that we had kept Jemma and Gus apart for so long.

Scuffing my high tops along the cement parking lot I had some time to reflect before sound checking – I’d been reflecting a lot recently. Since I met Jemma I knew I instantly liked her, which was weird because since Lisa had cheated on me I didn’t think I’d ever find someone I’d love as much as her…but I did, it was Jemma.

Rubbing my hands over my face in frustration I desperately tried to hide my feelings for her, convince myself they weren’t real but they were. I never told Jemma obviously she’s been with Gus for just over a month and they were cute, I knew she would never look at me the way she looked at him – I’d accepted we’d only ever be best friends.

Which was why I’d organized for her and Gus to meet secretly with Simon, yeah I won’t admit it will kill me to watch them together, but he made her happy and I only ever wanted her to be happy. After the shit she had to endure with Jerry I just wanted to protect her, to never let him hurt her again but sometimes I had to just let go – that was Gus’ job not mine.

Hurrying down the grey corridor I picked up my pace a little bit noticing the time; Matt would kill me if I was even just a minute late. My ears perked up once I heard the familiar chords of Time Bomb passing through the paper thin walls, picking up into a sprint I ran towards the stage area, jumping up on the stage where Jack, Rian and Zack gave me a knowing look as I started singing down the mic.

Luckily I managed to sound check the whole set list to keep Matt happy so I got out of a lengthily lecture with him about the importance of being on time. Slipping backstage with the guys I placed my guitar back in its stand before noticing the two girls sitting on top of the amps.

“Isobelle just jump down”
Zack said to Isobelle who was carefully shuffling her legs to the edge of the amp before backing out, Zack started laughing before turning his back to her and beckoning Jack over towards him.

“Well it’s a good thing your boyfriend is a fucking giant then isn’t it, how did you even get up there in the first place?”

They had indeed chosen the highest fucking amp we owned to climb on top off and I chuckled as I watched Jack walk over before turning his back to Isobelle, she slid to the edge again this time pushing off as she fell onto Jack’s back as he gave her a piggy back all the way back to the tour bus.

“Blame her!”

Isobelle shouted over her shoulder as she managed to point her finger quickly at Jemma, who innocently shrugged her shoulder whilst quickly responding by shouting “Wasn’t me!”

“Yeah right Davies!”

Rian joked before he and Zack left to go shower before the show which in my opinion is pointless, we’re only going to get sweaty as soon as we get on stage which means they’re going to have to shower…again. Pulling my skinny jeans up slightly I walked over towards the amp where Jemma was situated before jumping up to join her on the top.

“Oh look has joined me, feeling rebellious are we Gaskank?”

“Hey you’re privileged just to be sitting here with me, do you know how many girls would kill to be sitting next to this fine bit of ass right here”

I joked as I motioned to my body, Jemma laughed at my new found cockiness before letting out a snort. Quickly she covered her hand over her mouth in shock as I creased over at the waist, laughing harder. Eventually I placed an arm around her shoulder and she collapsed into a fit of giggles beside me.

“Well seeing as you obviously don’t need me”

She joked back shuffling to the edge of the amp.

“I guess I’ll be leaving”

“NO don’t come back here Jem”

I put on my best puppy eyes and she surrendered resuming her position beside me, gently resting her head on my shoulder as we let the rhythm of our hearts fill the peaceful silence. We stayed like this for a while and I was completely content with it before Jemma suggested something.

“Alex we don’t even have a picture together…just the two of us”

Before I could even respond Jemma pulled out her new iphone, one which I bought her for her birthday a week ago and snapped a photo of us. Quickly she typed away without saying a word and a smile tugged on her pink lips as my phone vibrated in my pocket – twitter.

@JFuckingDavies has mentioned you in a tweet

@JFuckingDavies: Good hangs on top of the highest amp with my best friend @AlexAllTimeLow pic.twitter.com/hdfJ3U5gR

For the next hour or so our phones continued to go crazy as Jemma gained more followers and I gained comments, comments saying how cute me and Jemma were together and were we dating etc etc – if only they knew the truth I thought to myself.

Just as I was about to tell Jemma about the comments the sound of youmeatsix filled the air as she smiled at the caller and answered immediately, her smile lighting up to match.

“Oh you did? Sorry my twitter has been going crazy…Oh it’s a funny story. You got time I’ll tell you? You have awesome! Well first I should say I love you and miss you but you already know that –“

My heart sank as I realized the caller was indeed Gus, how could I have been so stupid? the look on her face gave it all away. Laughing at something Gus had said Jemma leaned over, no eye contact or sorry, placed a swift kiss to my cheek before jumping down off the amp and rapidly walking out of the venue for some privacy.

Twisting my lip between my teeth I sighed loudly, it actually echoing around the now empty venue hall. Placing my hands behind my head I leant back on the top of the amp, my mind swimming with thoughts – thoughts I should never be allowed to think about, ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you go guys :)

I was naughty and ordered yma6 tickets this week :) any of my readers going to the Manchester date :D

So there you have it, Alex does like Jemma :O
Is he going to tell her? Should he tell her? Will Gus find out?
So much drama ;)

<3