Status: active :) comments speed it up! :)

I'll Take My Chances

002

It was now a year and a half later, we were going strong, minus the on again off again. I was cleaning my apartment all day today and I was going to look nice, Travis was coming home. He doesn't live with me, he lives with some friends about 10 minutes down the street. It doesn't bother me, not one bit.

I have two friends that live with me that Travis HATES. He's never liked them ever since he first came over and met them.

"They're the biggest sluts I've ever seen. And trust me, babe, I've seen a LOT of sluts. And they're so fucked up on whatever they can get their hands on, I don't want you to be like you used to." He had said to me. And they don't like Travis either, they're always trying to get me to break up with him.

My doorbell rang and I ran over to the door.

"Averi!" He picked me up and spun me around, kissing me.

"Trav! I missed you!" He put me down and we walked into the house.

"I've missed you too, sweetheart. I'll be home for 4 weeks until I have to go again, and I also have to fit in studio time. But you can always go to that. Who knows, maybe you can come with me on tour?"

"You know I would." I pecked his lips.

"So, where are the whores at?" He took his shoes off and put his feet on the table, leaning back. I put my legs on top of his and rested my head on his chest, he kissed the top of my forehead and lit up a cigarette,

"Kenzie went to smoke with some dude she fucks, and Bre's at work."

"Psh, I wish I had some green."

"We'll go and get some later. Let's go get something to eat. And after I have to go to my brother's house."

"Oh fuck." He groaned.

"What?"

"Are all of your brothers going to be there?"

"Maybe. You'll be okay!" I laughed.

"Your brothers want to rip me into pieces and feed me to their pitbulls." He whined. "And plus, they live 5 hours away! it's already 6! We won't make it!"

I hit his arm. "We can pack a few clothes. It's important, I haven't seen them in awhile, and they miss their little sister."

He slammed his foot down on the table and whined.

"Stop being such a baby."

We drove to Chile's, and sat down and ate.

"So have you been staying off?" He asked me. I knew it was coming.

"Yes, Trav."

"Ave, I'm just looking out for you. You know I don't give a shit about those drugs, but I don't want you fucking yourself up. You don't need that." He took a bite of his chicken and stared at me.

"I know, and I love you for that. But it was all I knew. I've been trying. And I know you live the single life on tour."

He sighed and put his fork down. "I've never done it when I'm sober, sometimes I don't even remember doing it."

"I can't be mad at you for that, I know you're unstable. It just hurts to know that NOBODY knows you have a girlfriend. NO ONE. Because of how you act. And how you get with other girls, and just nevermind. I need to stop nagging you." I picked at my food.

"Don't apologize for nagging me, Averi. You're my girlfriend, you shoudn't even have to TALK to me about cheating. I'm just a sucky boyfriend. I'm lucky to have someone like you. But all I do is want to be with you. You're the one I think about, not those dirty hoes. Just you. You're different from them, and you're better than them. Don't forget that."

We payed the waiter and we headed on down the road.

We stopped at a hotel that night and decided to just ride the rest of the way there in the morning. We ordered a room with one bed and I started rolling a blunt. We smoked that and Travis ended up passing out.

That morning, we woke up around 11 and drove the rest of the way to my brother's house.

I had 5 brothers. James, who was 24, Tyler and Mason, who were identical twins that were 27, Matthew who was about to turn 30, and the baby 18 year old, Sean.

My mama got around.

"Averi!" Mason ran to me and spun me around. "Oh, hello, Travis. Pleasant seeing you." They were about the same height, and to be honest, if they tried to beat the shit out of each other, I don't know who would win.

Travis was so nervous the whole trip. All of my brothers just tried to interrogate him and pick on him. If Travis even touched me for comfort because he was nervous, someone would cuss at him.

He was more than excited when we left that afternoon.

"Do you wanna stop and rest tonight or what?" I asked him.

"Fuck no, I'm ready to be home."