Status: active :) comments speed it up! :)

I'll Take My Chances

029

I was still feeling like shit about the situation with my mom, so I didn't go out with Travis. I had to force him to let me stay by myself.

"I'll be back before it's too late," He kissed my forehead and left. I changed clothes, dropping my pants and putting one of Travis' shirts and crawled into the large bed, cutting on the TV. I was tired, it had been a long day. Very shortly after I cut the TV on I cut it back off and curled up under the covers.

I was sleeping. Well, I was awake now, but my eyes were still closed. The door was creaking.

"Hey, Mama." Travis shut the door lightly. "You sleeping?"

"Not now." I sat up and rubbed my eyes, cutting on the lamp beside me. I glanced at the alarm clock, which read 5:30am.

His eyes were blood shot red, and he couldn't even walk in a straight line. He fell over trying to take off his skinny jeans.

"Travis, do you need help?" I got out of the bed, staring down at him.

"Let's drink some champagne."

If I protested, he would get mad. So I agreed. He popped open the bottle and poured two cups, and before I knew it, the whole bottle was gone.

I was tipsy. I was sitting criss cross on the floor in just my underwear in a shirt and Travis was in front of me staring at the ceiling. He grabbed my calves from under me and pulled them around his waist, making his way on top of me.

I was enjoying everything, until I heard him mumble a few words into my neck.

"Wait, what?" I back away.

"Let's get married."

"What?" I sat up.

"I want to marry you. Seal the deal."

"No?" I pulled my legs from around him and scooted back.

"What, why not? You don't wanna marry me?" He was getting heated.

"Travis, we're young. Why get married? We're just living."

"But, babe, we're young and in love. Please. I wanna spend the rest of my life with you."

"You're so fucking drunk. Travis, you might be having a baby with another girl!"

"Is that why you've been such a bitch lately?" He squinted his eyes at me.

"You think I'm being a bitch NOW? Can we talk about this in the morning? When you're sober?" I got up and started to get in the bed. I faced the wall. He took his shoes off and threw them at the wall, cussing the entire time.

"Why do you have to get like this sometimes? If you don't get anything your way, you go fucking balistic. and I'm sick of it." I sat up.

"BECAUSE I'M TRYING TO BE FUCKING HONEST WITH YOU AND YOU JUST SHUT ME DOWN WITHOUT GIVING ME A DAMN CHANCE!" He was screaming, probably waking everyone in the hotel up.

"Travis, please lower your voice." I begged him, whispering.

"Oh, you don't want me to cause a scene?! I'LL CAUSE A FUCKING SCENE!"

"Hey, man, what's going on?" Panda was beating on the door.

"Why don't you go and fuck Panda." He scoffed at me as I quickly put on a pair of shorts and let Panda in.

"You know what, I am fucking tired of you accusing me of a whore that you know that I'm not."

"Yes you are! You fucked Josh! On Panda's couch!" His fists were clenched, and Panda was dumbfounded.

"Okay. You want me gone? I'm leaving." I quickly stuffed everything in my duffel bag.

"Averi, where are you going?"

"I have unfinished business, and I don't wanna stay here."

"Oh, and how the fuck do you think you're going to get there?"

"I have fucking legs. Bye Travis."

"Averi-"

"I love you, Chris, but I can't do this anymore."

It took me about 20 minutes to walk to my Mom's apartment, and Panda would have killed me if he knew I was walking here alone.

I opened the door quietly and Micah was sitting alone on the couch playing with a lighter.

"Oh, child, don't play with that," I grabbed it from her. The house was empty, she was the only one here. I couldn't leave her in this environment, what kind of sister would I be?

I left my mother a note.

I took Micah with me. I'm staying in a hotel with her until I can get someone to come get me from California, you're not fit, nor were you ever fit to be a mother. Maybe Matthew would take her into his care, I pretty much know he would. Don't worry about a thing, I'll have child services contact you with more information.

Averi Belle

I grabbed the kid, some stuff for her, called a Taxi, and headed to the nearest hotel.

"Hey, Matthew, are you doing anything today? Do you want to come get me? Las Vegas. We have a new addition to the family. Micah. I think two? Mom is a crack whore. Okay. See you tonight. NO DON'T TALK TO TRAVIS. We broke up. That's why I came here. Can we talk more about this when you get here? K. Bye."

It was just me and Micah... what to do what to do.