Status: YOUR comments are what inspire ME to keep on writing.

We've Proven Our Love Over Time So Strong.

Graduation

-Lisa’s POV-

“Reveille, reveille. All hands heave out and trice up. Uniform of the day is as follows. Utilities: wear. Ball-caps: wear. Flags: carry. Set heat condition three.”

I was already awake before the announcement came, but as soon as it did, I jumped out of my top bunk to hurry up and get ready.

“Everybody's getting into their PT sweats!” one of the RDC's shouted to us.

We got up, did our morning routine, dressed in our PT sweats, and lined up for breakfast. I wore a smile the whole time, turning to my bunk-mate, telling her that we did it, reminding her of her dream. Today was the big day. I could hardly eat my breakfast because I was so excited. Once we left and went back to our compartment, we were instructed to get into our dress whites, and get everything we needed ready to go. There wasn't much I could do to save my hair, but at least I could wear my own glasses. By eight AM, we were getting ready to march to the drill hall. I didn’t want to march. I just wanted to run there.

As we stood in ranks outside the building, I turned and looked. I knew my mom, my stepdad, my sister, and Brian were in there. Everyone was talking to the people around them, and we were all were resisting every urge to just take off running into the drill hall. Soon it was time for the nine graduating divisions to march in. We were the fifth division to march in, and as we waited, I was already scanning the people I could see looking for my family, looking for Brian.

“Division two-five-six.”

While marching in, we couldn’t really scan the crowd, because we had our certain movements. Out of my peripheral vision I tried to locate them, but had no luck. When we were finally standing where we needed to be, I scanned the crowd again, but no such luck. Throughout the whole event, I was scanning the crowd and was starting to think that they couldn't make it. The ceremony was long and drawn out, just as we had practiced for the past few weeks. First it started out with introducing the division commanders. It went into a long speech about what we did for eight weeks. There was a moment of prayer, the national anthem, and the sailor's creed. We were standing next to a division with state flags and one of them kept hitting me. I wanted to grab the flag and throw it as my frustration grew. I was starting to feel lightheaded and I just wanted to sit. My feet were hurting in my dress shoes, my legs were hurting, my hands were swollen, I was just flat out exhausted from lack of sleep over the past few days, but the magic words quickly replaced that exhaustion with a burst of energy.

“And without further ado-Liberty call, liberty call!”

It was a scatter of people in whites, and civilians merging like a scene from an old war movie. I was still around a few friends of mine, scanning vigorously. I was watching my friends hug their loved ones while I was scanning everybody. Thinking to myself, I was cursing, because I couldn't find anybody. Brian had a million and one tattoos, so why couldn't I find him?

“Lisa!” I heard the shout off to my left. I turned, my eyes instantly filling with tears. He was there wearing nice black pants and a white buttoned dress shirt, sleeves rolled up just a bit, like he had worn on our first date.

I shouted something that I didn't even comprehend before I took off running. A short sprint later, I did a flying leap into his arms, holding on for dear life as tears streamed down my cheeks. The familiar strong embrace returned itself. I didn’t want to let go, but I knew I had to after what felt like an eternity.

I shared a group hug with my four guests, tears still pouring down my cheeks and pictures being snapped. I couldn’t find any words to say to them right away, and then the first words out of my mouth made everybody laugh. “I'm sorry for the hideous hair.” I pointed to my chin length hair that wasn't straightened, along with the dye job horribly faded. I thanked God I wasn't wearing the glasses I had to wear the whole time through Boot Camp. They were indestructible glasses that we called BCG's, or birth control glasses, because wearing these glasses made you look horribly unattractive. The next moments were just a blur as we walked out of the drill hall back into the blazing sun, heading for the car to leave. They had taken Brian’s rental, and I hopped in the front seat, turning the two vents that were blowing out cold air onto me. Pants and a long sleeved jumper top made out of polyester in the midst of summer weren't a very good combination.

“So where to?” Brian asked.

“Food! Preferably anything edible. And downtown, cause I wanna see the city,” I said quickly.

Laughter rose as we drove. Once we got off base, I grabbed Brian’s hand, and at a stop-light, I leaned over to get a kiss. The moment was pretty perfect. I held his hand the whole time, not wanting to let go. I knew that eventually I would have to, but I didn’t care. I was going to cherish the moment I had right now.

“I missed you, baby,” I said.

“I missed you too.” He pulled my hand towards him and kissed it.

While at the restaurant, I talked about all my experiences, and where I was going to go next week. “I'm going to San Antonio for A school, and after that, I have no idea where I'll be going.”

“Where do you think you’ll go?” my mom asked.

“Being security, probably overseas. I hear a lot of them get sent overseas,” I said, watching Brian’s face drop.

Throughout lunch we talked about my experiences, and what I missed while I was away. Afterwards we just went and walked around the city, window shopped, and just tried to have a good time. While walking, Brian’s phone started ringing.

“Hello?” Brian answered. “Oh hey! Yeah. Hold on.” He stopped and turned to me. “It’s the guys on speaker, they wanna say hi to you.” He handed his phone to me.

“Hi guys!” I said. A massively loud ‘hi’ rang back through my head followed by a million questions at once. “Whoa, one at a time!” I said. “No wait, better yet, e-mail me.”

“Well at least tell us how it went,” Matt said.

“It went well. I’m sure Brian told you everything that I wrote him.”

“Pretty much. Even about how he misses the sex,” Zack said, laughing.

“I’m pretty sure he didn’t say that much,” I said while glaring at Brian.

“Nah, we don’t need those details. What happens in Brian’s room can stay in Brian’s room.”

“Yes. Anyways, in a nutshell. Next week I’m going to San Antonio for about two months, then no idea where I’m going after that. I’ll keep you all posted. Or if not me, then Brian. Either way, just e-mail me. Brian has my address. I gotta go, cause I want to walk around and I can‘t in uniform.”

I said bye, hung up, and gave Brian his phone back. We continued walking, Brian escorting me on his arm like I was told. Regulation states that we couldn't hold hands while I was in uniform. That was one downside to the military. So many rules and regulations, especially with uniforms. My hair could be a certain length, no crazy colors or styles. I couldn't paint my nails crazy colors. I could only wear certain kinds of jewelry, and I was limited on what I could wear.

The day was spent in Chicago, sightseeing and just having fun talking. Listening to Brian's tour stories, and my Boot Camp stories. While walking, people would approach us, and my first obvious thought was that they recognized Brian, but then they'd come up to me and offer a handshake along with a thanks for what I was doing. It was something I'd probably have trouble getting used to. I knew right now I didn't deserve their thanks, but I hoped that soon I would. We'd stopped for dinner, and then it was time to head back towards base. Once I'd seen the base and we went through the gate, my stomach dropped. I didn't want to leave Brian and my family, but I knew I had two days to see them still. We talked a bit in the parking lot until it was time to head back. I had a curfew and needed to be back by nine.

After sharing hugs with my family and saying my goodbyes to them, I held onto Brian. “I love you, baby,” he whispered to me, kissing my head.

“I love you too.”

“You're mine tomorrow right?” he asked in an even quieter whisper.

“Yes, they know. Take care of them taking them to where ever they need to be.”

“I will.”

I looked around to make sure there wasn't anybody important watching before leaning up to give Brian a kiss before letting go. I gave a last hug to my mom, reminding her that I was spending it with Brian since it was my shortest liberty day. After the last goodbyes, I started walking back to my barracks, meeting up with a few of my friends along the way. We talked about how time with our loved ones went. Back at the compartment, we showered and got dressed for bed, then hung out for a bit before it was actually time for us to go to bed. I was ready for tomorrow, because I knew it was going to be a great day, even if I had only a few hours to enjoy it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for commenting:
crazyforhim07
Hachie
FLsweet82

For being so awesome, I'll give you guys this awesome video of "Afterlife" I recorded 2 weeks ago, and because this story is centered around Brian, you guys can also have this great picture of Brian that I took at the same show. Thanks guys for being so awesome.