Status: YOUR comments are what inspire ME to keep on writing.

We've Proven Our Love Over Time So Strong.

Stubborn

When my eyes opened next, I saw light, and unfamiliar surroundings. I was on somebody's couch, comfortably laying on a pillow, covered in a blanket. Once the light flooded my eyes, I groaned as my head started to pound. It didn't keep me from freaking out a bit as to where I was. I barely remembered what happened after the movie, but I did know that I clearly wasn't in my house. Seeing a few guitars in the corner of the room was the clue I needed to realize where I was. I groaned again as I stood up. “Fuck my life.”

I decided to explore a bit. The first floor wasn't too special. It looked like a regular house where a bunch of guys would hang out. There was a big screen in the room I was in, surrounded by movies and video games. I found the kitchen where I helped myself to a glass of water. Then I searched for a bathroom, found one, and went back to lay down after using it. Just as I got comfortable again, I heard movement from the nearby staircase. I sat up to see Brian coming down, dressed in basketball shorts and a hoodie, holding something that was small, white, and fluffy.

“Good morning Ms. Stubborn,” he said in a voice that was too cheerful.

“Huh?”

He grinned. “You heard me. 'No, I can make it home just fine.'” He mocked me.

I gave him a sarcastic look. “I clearly didn't, so what happened?”

“You passed out cold in the cab, and I wasn't about to wake up your parents. I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate seeing a man they never met before carrying their passed out daughter.”

“Thanks,” I said quietly, noticing that he was holding a small dog. “Who's that?” I asked.

“This is Pinkly. He's pretty much my child,” he said, handing the dog to me.

“Awww.” I took the dog into my arms, setting him in my lap and petting him as I laid back against the pillow.

“I take it you feel like shit?” He asked, getting a groan from me. “Well, you need to eat, and you're kinda stuck here. My car isn't back yet. I can offer you a shower too, but I don't have much to offer for clothes.”

“I can wait till I get home, and I'm not hungry. I'm scared that if I eat, I'll just make a mess on your floor.”

“Nah, trust me, food will be fine. I know what to cook.”

The thought of food alone made my stomach turn over and over, but the thought of a shower felt good. I noticed that my jeans were fine, but my shirt did smell a little sweaty. “Well, I'll take you up on that shower offer, if you have an extra clean shirt.”

“Upstairs. You'll see the bathroom. The closed door right across is a closet that has extra towels and stuff. The open door next to that, you'll see that it looks like a storage room, there's a few boxes in there that have t-shirts. I'll have breakfast ready when you're done.”

I smiled, setting the dog onto the blanket before heading upstairs, finding everything that I needed. I grabbed a towel, a washcloth, a shirt and went into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I turned the shower on before stripping off my clothes and getting in. The water immediately made me feel better. I felt weird helping myself to his soap and shampoo, but I didn't have anything of my own. Once I finished and dressed, I folded the towels neatly on the sink before heading downstairs where he was just finishing breakfast.

“Feel better?” he asked.

“Tons actually,” I laughed, sitting at the table.

He served breakfast and we both ate quickly in silence. I was afraid to eat, fearing for my stomach that was still turning over, but the first few bites sat well, and I became more confident that I'd keep it down. After eating, I felt even more better.

“Thanks for everything,” I said with a smile. “I feel a lot better.”

“That's good,” He said as he grabbed the dishes and set them in the sink. “I'm gonna call my buddy now and see where he's at. That way I can get you home to relax.”

I nodded and went to the door where my purse sat next to my shoes. I checked to make sure I had everything before setting it back down. He had disappeared upstairs, and I walked to the corner where his guitars sat in their stands. My eyes fell over his signature one that he always used, and the one I loved. I picked it up gently, wishing I knew how to play, and wondering if I could maybe get a few lessons from him. I held it in my hands like I would hold a small child.

“Do you play?” The voice startled me.

“No. I wish I did though,” I said, putting it back on it's stand. “I've loved that guitar forever. I don't know why, I just think it's cool looking, along with the red striped one.” I laughed.

He let out a laugh of his own. “My buddy didn't answer, but I'll keep blowing up his phone.”

“Alright...” I paused. “Umm, so what now?”

“Well, I have TV, movies, video games, or if you wanna lay down again you can.”

I looked over his video games, and challenged him to Guitar Hero. After almost an hour and a half, I beat him badly, then accepted his challenge to a game I knew I wasn't any good at. Between games, he kept trying to call his friend who didn't seem to be answering at all. Even though I wasn't opposed to hanging out here, I did want to get home and lay in my own bed with my dog. I soon sat back to watch him play, holding his dog in my lap. Both of us were soon startled by the doorbell, and Brian jumped up to answer the door. After a few words were exchanged, he shut the door and came back. “Got my car, you wanna head to your house so you can relax?”

“Yeah...” I paused wondering if I should ask what I had in my mind. “Umm...so...are we gonna hang out again soon?”

“I'd like to. You're more than welcome to come over anytime and hang out. I have tons of video games, movies, all that fun stuff.”

“I'll keep it in mind then.”

On the way to my house, he went over what happened last night, and I laughed, making fun of how I acted. I knew I was a happy drunk, but didn't know I'd go and say I was fine when I wasn't. It wasn't a long drive to my house, and when he pulled into my driveway, I thanked him again for everything and told him to keep in touch before heading inside. I felt like I was on top of the world. After plugging in my dead phone to the charger, I saw the missed calls and text messages. My mom wondering where I was, and the rest were from my EX who decided he wanted to get back in touch with me. I knew what was going on when he said he missed me and wanted to talk to me. I could've just let it be, but I didn't want to be silent about this anymore. I wanted him to hear my voice, I wanted him to hear the hurt in my voice, so I called him.

“Hey,” he answered calmly. “I don't wanna fight, I just wanna talk.”

“About what? You're not here anymore, and you've hurt me, there's nothing to talk about.”

“Then why'd you call me?”

“I figured I'd get some closure maybe. Like, why you cheated on me, and lied to me about it?”

“Well why did you have to go snooping instead of confronting me directly?”

“Because you wouldn't tell me the fucking truth!” I shouted. “I asked you who Kelly was, and I fucking gave you the chance to come clean before you left, and you lied to my fucking face about it.”

“It still wasn't your place to go snooping.”

“It wasn't, but I wasn't proven wrong was I? No. My suspicions I had were fucking confirmed. There's no argument for your side. Now had I been worried over nothing, then we'd probably still be together, but you broke my heart. I know you can tell how hurt I am.”

“I can, and I'm sorry.”

“You can apologize all you want, but it doesn't change anything. This was why I called you. I wanted you to hear the hurt in my voice. I was sick of being silent about this and fighting through e-mails. Now will you please just lose my fucking number?”

“What if I came back and we talked?”

“No. I honestly don't wanna see you ever again. You may not have emotions, but I have many, and I seriously fucking hate you. I thought I could get closure out of this, but I know I'm not gonna get it. All I wanted to know is why you decided it would've been okay to lie to me and hurt me, but it's fine, don't tell me. Also don't text or call me ever again. I'm changing my number, so just fuck off forever.” I hung up before he could reply.

I changed into sweat pants before laying in bed with my dog, ignoring my phone as he started blowing it up. I put my phone on silent before turning my TV on, zoning out. I was still tired, so I tried to doze off and take a nap, which trying to do so wasn't very hard.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the only story right now that I have updates pre-written for, so if any of you are reading my other stories, I'm trying, and I'm so sorry for the delay. I'm currently on leave for two weeks, so I'll try to get some updates out!

Comments are love, and thanks to Hachie for commenting on the last update. :)