Status: YOUR comments are what inspire ME to keep on writing.

We've Proven Our Love Over Time So Strong.

On The Table

-Three Weeks Later: Brian's POV-

For three weeks, hanging out with Lisa just about everyday let me learn a lot about her, as well as more about myself. We'd go out to eat, movies, the beach, and even amusement parks. Rainy days she'd come over, and every so often one or more of the guys would be over. They all hadn't really gotten to know her too much, but they knew enough to keep telling me to pursue a relationship because I had changed for the better since I met her. I felt happier, and they knew it too. I knew it was too soon though, because three weeks isn't a long time to get to know somebody, along with the fact that we were going overseas in eight days. There was also an idea in my head that she had something going on too, because sometimes we'd hang out and she'd have to leave suddenly for something. I didn't want to ask her yet, because it wasn't in my place. I knew that before we left though, I'd have to approach her and be up front about my feelings. There wasn't much room for me to deny the feelings that I had developed for her so soon.

I said bye to her as she left my house for this sudden something that had come up, then I turned to Jimmy. “Dude, I really don't know what to do,” I said.

“I'm really curious about this 'something' that keeps coming up, but other than that, you really need to tell her how you feel before we leave. If she knows you're interested, well, there's the possibility of her waiting for you to get back off tour. She probably thinks that you'll forget about her while we're gone.”

“Probably, because she has seemed a little distant lately, but still quick to hang out.”

“Well you gotta tell her how you feel then. Are you sure about these feelings though? I mean, it has been only three weeks.”

“I really wanna be sure. Of course I said I'd never fall in love at first sight again, but she and I clicked well, and clearly I've been happier lately.”

“Yeah, definitely. You need to tell her before we leave, I mean it. As your bestest friend ever, I'm just looking out for you. The most she could say is that she's not ready to date yet, and then you just see if she'll wait a while and take things slower.”

“Yeah. I know. Zacky said the same thing to me before.”

“Well, we leave next week, so you better chop-chop on it,” he said, standing up. “I gotta get going. Leana and I have a...umm...we have plans.”

I rolled my eyes. “I didn't need to know that. See ya though.”

I watched TV, trying to think of how to get this out. I needed it to be perfect, to know exactly what I had to say, and to not stutter over my words. My friends were right on the fact that I couldn't deny it anymore that she's made me a lot happier over the past few weeks. They had also been repeatedly telling me to not let her get away, and right now I had plans to not let that happen. I sent her a text asking if she wanted to come back over, but she wasn't replying. While waiting, I got lost into my thoughts of planning this date. Basically I'd thought of a nicer dinner, and then just lay it out on the table. I couldn't beat around the bush on this one. There were eight days left before we flew to the other side of the world for almost three months. I knew if I didn't do this now, those three months could pass where she could meet someone else, and completely forget about me. Almost two hours later I got a call from her. She was exhausted, but we agreed on Red Lobster for tomorrow.

After we talked for a few minutes, I felt more relaxed, and turned on my Xbox. I was still thinking about tomorrow, and I was afraid of pushing her away, but I knew I had to do this. I needed to determine if I should proceed with this growing interest, or if I should just drop it, clear my head on tour, and move on when we got back. I also hoped I could learn more about her too, to see how she felt about me, and what she'd want to do while we were away on tour. As I was basking in my happiness, my phone went off with a text message. Thinking it was Lisa, I grabbed it eagerly, but frowned when I saw a familiar number.

Baby, I'm so sorry for everything. I've realized what I've done, and I regret every single part of it. You didn't deserve this. I miss you, and hope we can work things out.

I shook my head, wondering if I should just call her and tell her I wasn't interested anymore. After the way she hurt me, I just simply wanted nothing to do with her anymore. Even if I had to see her in the future, I would eventually get to the point where I could just overlook her like I don't know her. Before I did call or reply, I deleted the message and sat back with Pinkly as I continued playing the video game I started, smiling with thoughts of tomorrow.

-Lisa's POV-

I was getting ready for this “special” dinner with Brian, wondering what was so special about it. While wondering that, I was also telling myself that I'd tell him what my future intentions were. My feelings grew strong for him, and while I didn't want to fall so fast, I did. It was just something about me. If I start liking somebody, I get attached too fast. I needed him to know how I felt about him, and he needed to know where I was going next week. I hoped that my going into the military wouldn't tear us apart, and I hoped that we could try to begin something great. I dressed up a little bit nicer than I usually did, and Brian showed up early like he usually did.

“So, how was your day?” he asked as I followed him to his car.

“The same as usual,” I said as I got in the passenger seat.

“Did you get your rest last night?”

“Very much so. Now tell me what's so special about tonight.”

“I'll tell you over dinner.”

We talked about their upcoming tour until we were seated and awaiting our food. The butterflies were going at it again, making my stomach turn flips as I wondered what he wanted to say. I could only think it was something good since he called it a “special” dinner.

“Alright, I'm going to lay this on the table right now...” he started while we were waiting for our dessert. “I repeatedly said to myself that I would never fall for a person so fast again after what happened between Michelle and myself, but after spending these last three weeks with you, my eyes really opened. Since we started talking and hanging out. I can't explain how it happened, but I grew to like you a lot, and very quickly.”

I could only smile at what he said, but at the same time, my heart fell into my stomach as I thought about the next few months. Then I knew it was my turn to lay out my feelings for him. “It's funny because I'm almost the exact same way. At first it was just this dumb little 'oh I'm crushing on a famous person', but it grew...” I paused, feeling my cheeks burning. “I'm really shy when it comes to telling people how I feel, but yeah, I have grown to really like you. It's your call on how far you want this go to though.”

“Well even if we just stay friends for now, we can see what happens when I get back from our tour.”

I hung my head, wondering why it was so hard for me to say this to him. “That's true, except that I might not be here when you get back...” I trailed off, swallowing the lump in my throat.

“What do you mean?”

“There's something I've been hiding. It's something I'm doing, and I'm leaving next week, the same day that you leave to go on tour.”

“Leaving where? And is this permanent?”

“Well, it's not exactly permanent. I'm going to Chicago for a few months, and then to San Antonio for a few more after that...” I paused again. “Fuck, I don't know why this hurts me right now.”

“Just say it.”

“I enlisted in the Navy, and I'm going to boot camp next week,” I blurted out in one breath, wondering if he even understood what I said.

I met his chocolate eyes with my own, seeing the deer in the headlights look from him as he let it sink in. His head hung a bit as he looked into his drink. “Wow umm...wow that's something.”

“I know,” I mumbled as I held my own drink, drawing imaginary pictures on the glass.

“Well, I can say that I respect that decision very highly. It's not an easy one to make, nor a very easy thing to do.”

“I know, but what would it do for us? Boot camp is two months long, I don't know how long I'll be in Texas, and then after that, I could be sent to the other side of the world. I'd only be able to write letters in boot camp, but you'll be overseas.”

“We can figure it out, and we'll stay in touch as best as we can.”

“But who knows when we'd see each other again after next week? I don't want it to turn into a long distance thing where we don't see each other after we both leave. I mean...you're better off just forgetting about me.” I hung my head as I started hurting inside. Tears were starting to sting the corners of my eyes.

“I don't wanna do that,” he said softly, raising my chin with his hand to meet his eyes. “I like you a lot. Even in three short weeks, we've connected well, and have had so much fun hanging out. I think you're a great person and you make me really happy. I've been so nervous to say this, but now after we've had this little talk, I'm more confident in this right now. I want you to be my girlfriend, but if it's too fast, just let me know and I'll understand-”

“Yes,” I said with a smile, cutting him off.

“-and we can just take this slow, work into it gradually...” he rambled on so quickly that my interruption didn't sink in right away. “Wait...what?”

I smiled at him again. “I would love to, as long it's not too fast for you either.”

He reached across the table, grabbing my hands. “Normally I would think so, but I just feel too confident about this right now, and I would love to see how it works out. And when we leave, we'll figure out how we're gonna do this. I have an international phone plan, so I can call from the dark side of the moon basically. So even if we can't talk much while you're in boot camp, once you're done, it'll get easier. When I'm not on tour, I can always come visit.”

“I guess you're right. It would be mostly long distance, but as long as I'd get to see you occasionally, that would be perfect.”

“We'd make it work. I believe it.”

I smiled again before eating the dessert that was delivered. Once it was paid for, we left and he dropped me off at my house. In the car, the moment suddenly became awkward as I began to think. We made it official, so is this where we share our first kiss? I didn't really know, nor did I want to attempt to make the first move. I thanked him for dinner, for everything, and said goodnight as I stepped out of his car. He followed me, saying he was going to walk me to the door. On my porch, I turned to him to say goodnight again, but didn't get the word out as his hand rested on the back of my neck, pulling me towards him and crashing his lips to mine. Sparks flew in my body as I reacted. I looped my arms around his neck, kissing him back. It felt like an eternity passed before we pulled apart.

“Goodnight,” he said while grinning.

I was frozen for a second, knowing well enough that I was wearing a very goofy grin. “Night.” I smiled back, watching him walk away before going inside. When I got to my room, I flung myself onto my bed, squealing into a pillow. Everything just seemed perfect at this moment, but I also knew that we had only a week left to enjoy it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wasn't that just so adorable that you wanna vomit a rainbow? Lol. Jk Jk.

First off, I'm sure you noticed the new layout and banner. I'd like to thank the amazing Hachie for the awesome banner. And I hope you guys like it as much as I do.

Secondly, thanks for the awesome comments:
bloodyvengeance
YourMomOnSteriods
Hachie
What would I do without you guys? <3 <3
/center]