Status: Finished. <3

And We're Nothing Short of Invincible

ten

The next morning when I woke up, momma was fixing breakfast in the kitchen and I could hear her talking to someone. I looked around and noticed the only one who was missing was Zacky. I got up from my position on the couch, and walked into the kitchen.

“Good morning Baylee,” Momma said, handing me a glass of orange juice.

I just smiled weakly, and took it from her. I took a seat next to Zacky at the table.

Zacky looked at me, “How are you feeling BB?”

I shrugged, “Like shit….”

He just nodded.

Momma looked at me, “Ya know, Zacky was talking to me about something. He said that he could use you as a photographer for some things. He wants to start using models for his clothing line, and what about taking pictures while they are on tour….maybe you should go to California for awhile.”

“Uh, no, I’m sorry but my home is here. Caleb is here and….Crystal.”

“Honey, it was just a suggestion.”

“Yeah, just think about okay? The guys and I were talking about it last night after you fell asleep. I think it would be good for you,” Zacky said.

I glared at him, “You don’t even know me, so how the hell do you know what’s good for me?”

I pushed myself out of my chair, slipped on some shoes, grabbed my keys and took off to my car. I slammed the door on my way out, and hoped it woke everyone up from their “beauty sleep”.

I didn’t know where I was going at all, but I ended up at Caleb’s work. His car was in the parking lot, so I knew he was there. I parked my car, and got out. When I walked into the building, the girl behind the desk gave me a snotty look.

“Can I help you?” she asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Yeah, you can stop being a bitch, and tell me if Caleb Anderson is in his office,” I replied, being just as snotty as she had been.

“Who is asking?”

“His girlfriend, Baylee Best.”

She rolled her eyes at me, and then told me where I could find him. It didn’t take me long to reach his office, and I knocked on the door.

“Come in,” I heard through the door.

He looked up when I walked into the room,” Baylee…”

“Hi.”

“Hey….um, look I’m really sorry I have been such an asshole to you. You don’t deserve it at all. You’re going through a really rough time right now, and I could be more supportive of you.”

I sighed, “It’s okay, I guess. I’m just tired of fighting. It’s get old.”

“Good, and yes it is getting old.”

“Um, so I have a question.”

He looked at me, and waited for me to go on.

“Would you be opposed to coming out to California with me for a few days?”

He sighed in relief, “Um, no, why? I’m sure I could get a few days off.”

“Well, I’m mad at Zacky, but it doesn’t sound half bad. He said he was talking to the guys, and they would like me to a photographer for them. It will mainly be for their merch, but I’ll probably do other things on tour, and I would like to go out there first….”

“Oh.”

I just nodded.

“Um, yeah, I’ll go with you. Someone has to make sure you will be safe.”

I really didn’t understand that comment, but I let it go for the time being because I was exhausted, emotionally and physically.

“Okay, well, come over later?”

“Mhmm, I’ll be there when I get off work.”

I blew him a kiss, and then walked out of his office. I got back into my car, and headed home, where I was going to apologize to Zacky for being a bitch.
When I got back home, the only person that was still there was Zacky, and he was sitting in my apartment on the couch.

“Zacky?” I asked as I walked inside. He turned to look at me.

“Look, I’m sorry about being a bitch earlier. Um, if it’s okay, can Caleb and I come out there for a few days when we can, just to see if I would like it?”

He nodded, “Of course. I was going to actually suggest you come out there for a visit first. I don’t want you to uproot your whole life and then hate it out there.”

“Well, the only things holding me here are Caleb and my parents. I don’t want to be here without Crystal. Sure, I had other friends, but she was the only one I trusted with my life.”

“I know. Maybe after the new year you guys can come out for a bit.”

“Sounds good.” I sat next to him on the couch. He surprised me when he pulled me to him, and wrapped his arms around me, and kissed my cheek. His lips lingering a little longer than they should have, but I didn’t say anything to him.

We end up just sitting around and watching TV for the longest time. It was nice to not do anything at all, well that was until Caleb got there, and Zacky left pretty fast, promising me that we’d all hang out before they left for California tomorrow.

Caleb looked at me suspiciously, “What was he doing here?”

“He was just keeping me company because everyone else had left, and I apologized to him earlier for being a bitch.”

“If you say so….”

He sat down next to me, and planted a kiss on my cheek, right below where Zacky’s lips had been. I felt awkward because his lips hadn’t lingered like Zacky’s had….what the hell is wrong with me?

It has to be Crystal’s death that is making me feel all out of whack. Yeah, that’s it. I’m so totally not developing feelings for Zacky, as we both have significant others.

Fuck.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think about this one?