Status: Finished. <3

And We're Nothing Short of Invincible

nine

Today is December sixth, and we’re about to leave for Crystal’s funeral. The rest of the guys from Avenged flew in just for it, so we all wouldn’t be alone. I mean, they were friends with her too.

Caleb was driving, and I was sitting in the back of the car in the middle of Zacky and Brian. Caleb kept shooting glares at Zacky, and it was getting old real fast. I already yelled at him about that shit, and I’m just straight up annoyed with it.

I was in a black dress, with a pair of boots, and I had no make-up on. I’m pretty sure I could pass for a zombie right now.

Unfortunately, it didn’t take long for us to get there, and I was hanging onto Caleb as we walked into the chapel. I was literally trying to not throw up. I hadn’t eaten properly in days, so I wouldn’t have anything to throw up anyway.

I was stone cold through the whole thing. I couldn’t even get up to speak like I was going to do because I just couldn’t get the words to come out at all.

The graveyard was the worst part of it all. I wasn’t ready to put her six feet under. We were all gathered around her casket. Caleb had his arms wrapped around me, Zacky had my right hand, and Brian was squeezing my left hand.

The preacher said his words, and her casket was lowered into the ground. One-by-one, we threw red roses onto her casket.

Her parents were having a memorial at their house, so that’s where we were headed to next.

Crystal’s pictures lined the wall of the house, and people just milled about like it wasn’t unusual for this type of thing to be cheerful.

Caleb had gone off to talk to someone he worked with, and I just stood there like a fish out of water. Zacky touched my arm, and nodded in the direction Caleb was standing.

“I know this isn’t the place for this comment, but I would go interrupt and introduce yourself, if I were you.”

I just nodded, and walked over to them.

“Oh, is this Baylee?” the girl asked.

“Yes, I’m Baylee, Caleb’s girlfriend.”

“I’m Allison, I work with Caleb. I’m really sorry about your friend.” I knew she was being fake with me. She was only here for Caleb, and I could see right through her.

“Nice to meet you,” I replied snottily.

She said her good-byes to Caleb, and sauntered off like she owned the place. I just shook my head, and walked back to where the guys were sitting.

“What the hell was that?” Caleb asked.

“I don’t need her fake sympathy. It was clear that the only reason she showed up is because she knew you’d be here with me.”

“It’s not like that at all. She was just trying to be nice by being here. I’m going to go outside for a bit, because I think you need some time for yourself.”

I rolled my eyes, and muttered asshole under my breath as he walked away.

We finished out that night without Caleb, and I got a ride from the guys back to the house because he had left without telling me. All of us crashed in the living room of my parent’s house, and I couldn’t wait until this nightmare was over.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not quite sure how I feel about this one.
I've rearranged how some things are said, taken some away, and all that, but it's another awkward chapter.

I love you guys though.
lol
:]