Status: Finished. <3

And We're Nothing Short of Invincible

eleven

It’s now been two months since Crystal’s death. I recently got another tattoo. Crystal’s other favorite band has always been Something Corporate. So, I got “But I won't let this get me I will fight” from Watch the Sky tattooed on my ribcage. I love it.

Caleb and I just boarded a plane to go to California. I’m nervous about seeing the guys again, and I’m nervous about how Caleb will act around Zacky. He hates that I’m close with him. It’s jealousy really. Zacky and Gena are getting married and there is no way I would interfere with that whole mess even though I harbor a huge crush on him.

“You’re being very quiet, what’s wrong?” Caleb asked, as he rubbed his fingers over my hand.

I shrugged, “Just nervous, I guess.”

“Well, just breathe. Everything will be fine.”

I hoped he was right. I ended up falling asleep, and I woke up right as the plane landed.

It didn’t take long for us to get off of the plane, get our bags, and we found Brian, who was picking us up because we were crashing at his house.

I hugged him, and then noticed he looked pissed.

“Okay, what’s wrong?” I asked, as we walked to his car.

He sighed, “She knows.”

I looked confused for a second before I comprehended what he meant.

“Oh shit….so I bet that is causing major drama. Does she know what happened to her?”

“Yeah, and we had words earlier.”

“Oh.”

It was quiet between the three of us the whole way to his house.

“Ignore Michelle if she says anything bad, okay?”

I just shrugged my shoulders and got out of the car. We’d come back for our bags later. Caleb took my hand in his, and gave it squeeze.

We walked into the house, and Michelle came into view.

“Chelle, remember Baylee? This is her boyfriend Caleb.”

She gave me a small smiled, “Hey, yeah, I remember you.”

Brian gave me a weak smile, and then all hell broke loose.

“Brian, all I have to say about Crystal is if I had seen her again before she died, I would have beaten the shit out of her. If I had known what was going on that night at the club…..”

I whipped my head around at her and glared, “Excuse me?”

She raised an eyebrow, “Was I talking to you? No, I wasn’t, so shut your mouth.”

“No, I won’t shut my mouth. That girl, Crystal, was my best friend. No, I didn’t like what they were doing but she was still my best friend, so I suggest you shut your mouth before I do it for you.”

She rolled her eyes at me, “Oh, I’m so fucking scared…pu-lease.”

I had moved closer to her, so I just reached out and pushed her slightly. She shoved me back, and the guys realized what was going on so they tried to grab us, but I was too quick. I brought my fist back and punched her in the eye. She slapped me, and then somehow, we ended up on the floor punching the fuck out of each other. I felt someone lifting me up, and I started flailing my legs, and I caught Michelle again in the side when I did.

“What the hell Baylee? You can’t just go around picking fights with people!” Caleb yelled, as he held me back. Brian had Michelle tight in his arms.

“Michelle, you really can’t go around saying shit like that either,” Brian scolded, looking down at his wife.

She scoffed, “It’s my house, I will say what I want, and especially if it’s about the little tramp you cheated on me with.”

Brian rolled his eyes, “Go upstairs. I’ll be there in a minute.”

Michelle just sighed, glared at me, and walked upstairs.

“Baylee, you can get cleaned up in the bathroom over there. I’m gonna call Zack or someone and see if you guys can crash there. I’m not sure this is a good idea anymore.”

Caleb nodded, “Yeah, I’m sure if they are still in this house together, it will be a blood bath.”

“Oh yeah, I think so too.”

Caleb literally drug me into the downstairs bathroom, and started cleaning my wounds. I had a busted lip, a bruised cheek, scratches everywhere, and I’m pretty sure she ripped out a clump of my hair.

“Baylee, I know she was your best friend, but Brian invited us into his home. You can’t be picking fights with his wife.”

“Oh shut up Caleb. She insulted Crystal…not only my best friend, but for fuck’s sake, she’s dead. She’s not here to fucking defend herself, so I have to do it for her.”

Caleb rolled his eyes at me, and threw the wash cloth at me, “Clean up your damn self, and when you calm down, come find me. I’m tired as hell and I really don’t feel like dealing with your shitty attitude.”

I huffed as he walked off of the bathroom, and I heard the front door slam shut. I then heard it open again, and two sets of voices carried into the bathroom.

“Baylee?” It was Zacky, and I turned around to see Johnny behind him.

“Damn girl, what happened?” Johnny asked.

“Michelle spouted off about Crystal and all hell broke loose. Caleb is pissed at me right now too, and I bet Brian is too.”

“If he is, he will get over it,” Zacky said, making his way into the bathroom and grabbing the wash cloth from me. He started cleaning off my face and Johnny walked away to go find Brian.

“You guys can stay with me, if you want.”

I shrugged, “Not sure if Caleb would like that too much. He’s convinced that you and I like each other.”

Zacky pressed his lips together, “Well…he might not be far off from the truth.”

My breath caught in my throat, “What’s that supposed to mean?”

He just shook his head and sighed, “Never mind.”

I rolled my eyes, and he finished fixing me up. We walked out of the bathroom, and Brian was sitting on the couch with Johnny.

“Where’s Caleb?”

“I have no idea. He got mad at me and stormed out. He needs time to cool off before I go find him. He’s not very nice when he’s really angry.”

All three of them kind of looked at me.

“Oh no, guys, he’s never hurt me physically or anything. He just says irrational things that always get apologized for, and I know we seem to fight a lot. He’s a bit of an asshole sometimes.”

“Well, as long as that doesn’t happen….” Zacky trailed off.

Three hours later, Caleb came back to the house.

“Baylee, can I talk to you?” he asked. I nodded and followed him outside.

“Look, I’m really sorry about freaking out on you. We always fight about Crystal….and I shouldn’t be such an ass about her. I just hated seeing you get hurt like that. It scared me.”

“Well, I’m sorry I got into a fight with her, but damn, she had my blood boiling.”

“I know….I love you.”

“I love you, too.” I hugged him and gave him a kiss.

“Where are we staying?”

“Zacky’s? He offered.”

He looked like he was going to say something but thought better of it before nodding his head.

We walked back into the house.

“Looks like we’re crashing at your house Zacky.”

“Well, let’s go.”

It didn’t take long to get our stuff into Zacky’s car and we were on our way.