Status: Finished. <3

And We're Nothing Short of Invincible

twelve

We got to Zacky’s house, and it didn’t take us long to get our stuff into the guest room. I walked downstairs where Zacky was waiting on me.

“Baylee, this is Gena.”

“Hi,” I said, smiling.

“Hey, what happened to you?” Gena asked, noticing the bruising already taking place.

“Uh, got into a fight with Michelle….”

She raised an eyebrow, “Oh. Well, Zacky, I’m going to bed. Don’t be up too late.”

I stood there awkwardly, “Okay, well, Caleb is probably asleep, so I’m going to go to bed too. Good night Zack.”

He smiled, “Good night BB.”

I walked upstairs to the guestroom, and shut the door. I changed into some pajamas, and lay down beside Caleb. I had to nudge him over because he was trying to take over the whole bed.

The next morning, I rolled over, and Caleb wasn’t there. I hope he’s not causing trouble with Zacky. I found some clothes, and walked into the bathroom to take a shower. I’m not use to it being warm during winter. I had on a pair of jeans and just a t-shirt. It was kind of nice. I walked downstairs, barefoot, and into the kitchen where Zacky, Gena, and Caleb were sitting at the table.

“Good morning, babe,” Caleb said as I sat down next to him.

“Morning,” I muttered.

Zacky sat a plate of pancakes in front of me and some orange juice.

“Thanks,” I smiled.

“You’re welcome.”

“So, I think we should actually do some sight-seeing today…head down to the beach?” Zacky asked.

“Alright, that sounds fun,” I replied.

A few hours later, we made our way down to the pier. I slipped off my flip-fops, and ran down to the water.

“This is the first time she’s been in the ocean,” Caleb commented to Zacky and Gena as he stopped at the water’s edge.

“She looks like a kid on Christmas,” Gena laughed, coming into the water behind me.

“So, I just wanted to apologize if I came off as bitchy last night. Michelle is a friend, and ya know, Brian is like a brother, so, I’m sorry,” Gena said, as she stood next to me.

“It’s all good. I actually did like Michelle when I first met her, and if I had the guts, I would have told her myself, but then I’d be betraying Crystal. It was a no-win situation. I would like to apologize to Michelle, but she also needs to apologize for what she said about Crystal. That was totally uncalled for and disrespectful, regardless of what happened between Crystal and Brian. I think she needs time to cool off though.”

“Yeah, that would probably be a great idea.”

Zacky and Caleb finally came into the water. Caleb came up behind me, and wrapped his arms around me. I thought he was going to kiss me.

No. My loving, sweet, sweet boyfriend decides he’s going to pick me up, and dunk me in the water.

“What the fuck?” I laughed while spitting out water.

“Sorry, babe, I couldn’t resist. It was Zacky’s idea anway.”

“Mhmm, I’m sure it was.”

“Well, Zacky can be pretty devious,” Gena stated, wiping water off of her face. Zacky had apparently tried to drown her too.

“Hah, yeah, it seems like it,” I replied.

We spent the next few hours at the beach, and then head back to Zacky and Gena’s house. Zacky ordered pizza, and we decided to watch movies for the rest of the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's not that long this week.
I sort of already wrote the ending to this story, and I kind of know how it's going to end, but that won't be for awhile, and it also might open things up for a sequel. I'm not sure yet.