Status: Finished. <3

And We're Nothing Short of Invincible

thirteen

The next few nights went by with no drama, and it was our last night in California. I do love it here, but I think I’m going to decline their offer. Mom called me last night and asked if I wanted to help her permanently with the shop. I know she’s the one who said I should get out and do this, but she said I could choose to do whatever, and I think I would love to just be home. I haven’t discussed it with Caleb or anyone yet, but I’m pretty sure I’m going to stay in Tennessee. It is my home, after all, and it’s not like Caleb can just transfer somewhere just yet.

We were out in the backyard, by the pool. I hadn’t seen hide or tail of Brian or Michelle since that night, and I would like to apologize to her.

“Hey, BB, here’s your chance,” Gena motioned with her head. I looked over and there stood Michelle and Brian.

I bit my lip, and walked over to them, “Michelle, can I talk to you?”

She rolled her eyes, “I guess, as long as Brian can come so he can keep us away from each other.”

I followed her into the living room, and the three of us sat down on the couch.

“Look, I just wanted to say I’m sorry about my behavior when I got here. Crystal’s death is still too fresh, and I know that Brian did you wrong and honestly, I question why you’re still together, but that’s neither here nor there. Anyway, I’m really sorry, and I know we semi got along when we first met at that club, and I hope we can at least be friendly towards each other.”

Michelle looked at Brian and then at me, “I know, and I’m sorry I said the things I did. Yes, it was a shitty thing they did, but I shouldn’t have talked about her like that. As for how we’re still together, we’ve decided to go to marriage counseling, but if that doesn’t help, we’re going to split for awhile.”

I raised an eyebrow, and Brian was quiet.

“Well, I’m gonna go back out there, you coming Brian?” Michelle asked.

“Yeah, in a minute.”

She walked out the door, and Brian turned to me.

“I really want a divorce, but she wants to make it work. I don’t love her like I use to love her. You know I told you that already….”

“I’m really sorry Bri.”

He just shrugged, “How are you holding up?”
“Okay, I guess, how does it not hurt anymore? I mean, when does it stop? I keep expecting her to call me, and tell me about some crazy thing she got into or how we should go clubbing. I miss her so much Bri. I really have no idea what to do anymore. Jimmy was your best friend….how did you deal?”

He sighed, “It was the toughest thing I have ever had to deal with in my entire life. I didn’t eat much, I cried all the time. I mean, it’s been two years, and I still feel like a piece of me is missing. We all feel like that, but me especially. It’s hard to move on BB, but you will be able to be yourself again. I can tell you’re already trying to be the bubbly person you use to be before all of this happened. It does get better, and I know Caleb can be a real douche bag when he wants to be, but you have a great boyfriend when he wants to be too. He’s there for you, even though he really doesn’t understand fully what you’re going through…..have you thought about moving here yet? If you don’t want to take us up on the offer, we understand. It’s a lot to ask you to move away from your family.”

I chewed my lip before answering his question, “I haven’t even discussed it with Caleb yet, but I don’t think I want to move out here just yet. I know my mom wanted me to come here and everything, but she just offered me half her shop to run. She loves that place, and so do I. I really love it out here, but I’m not sure I’m ready for that big of a change.”

“Well, that’s good then. We will miss you, but you’re welcome out here anytime, and I’m sure we can come visit you too.”

“That would be great.”

Brian hugged me, and made his way to the door to go back outside.

“Hey, Bri?”

“Yeah?”

I smiled, “Thanks. I really appreciate you being there.”

He smiled back, “It’s not a problem BB.”

They have all started calling me BB. I love having my own nickname.

Caleb came in after Brian left.

“So, what’s going on?”

“Um, I’m staying in Tennessee. I just can’t leave yet, and Brian was talking to me about Crystal and Jimmy.”

“Oh, well, I’m really glad you’re staying. I love you Baylee. I got you something.”

I raised an eyebrow, “Oh really?”

He had disappeared yesterday with Matt and Val, and it took them forever to get back.

“So, I figured we could go ahead and make this official.”

He pulled out a black box, and it was gorgeous Tiffany’s princess cut ring, that any girl would faint over.

“So, Baylee, will you officially become my fiancé, so we can start planning our wedding?”

“Yes, of course I will.”

“Good, I was really hoping you wouldn’t say no,” he chuckled nervously.

I giggled, and rolled my eyes, “I love you silly, why wouldn’t I say yes?”

“True, come on, let’s go tell everyone.”

I guess while I was having my chat with Brian, the whole Avenged family showed up. Arin even brought his new girlfriend, which I haven’t met her yet.

“So?” Matt questioned.

“She said yes, of course,” Caleb said kissing me on the cheek.

“Congratulations!” was said, and they brought out the alcohol for us to celebrate. I want to wait till we get home to tell our parents.

I took a glance around at everyone. I was going to miss them when we leave tomorrow. I hope Zacky isn’t going to be too upset with me for deciding to decline their offer. Speaking of Zacky, when I looked at him, he looked sad and disappointed. Whatever it was, it was gone as soon as he noticed I was looking at him.

He walked over to me, “So are you moving out here or staying in Tennessee?”

“I think I’m going to stay in Tennessee. I love you guys, but that place is my home, and mom wants me to help with her shop.”

He sighed, “Okay, we’re going to miss the hell out of you…and even Caleb. I hope you guys will visit and we will visit you.”

“Of course, we will.”

“Good, let’s enjoy the rest of this party.”

So, we did, and I knew it was going to be tough to leave in the morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is a day late, but there is so much crap going on right now, that I just didn't feel up to updating last night.

I think I have about four more chapters pre-written, so I'm going to work on it some this week so that I won't have to skip an update.

Hope everyone who was in the path of the hurricane is safe.