Status: Finished. <3

And We're Nothing Short of Invincible

sixteen

I cracked my knuckles as I searched through venues in Newport Beach. I found a really nice one that was a waterfront resort and marina. I needed to make a guest list, too. There are so many things running through my brain right now, it makes me want to just run off to Pigeon Forge and get married. I don’t think the parentals would like that idea though.

Seven months to plan everything, and I guarantee Caleb is going to run away at the mention of him helping with the plans.

I looked at my phone and noticed it was after ten, and I was dead tired. I guess Caleb can let himself in, because I’m going to bed. After I changed and lay down, it didn’t take me long to fall into a deep sleep.

I walked into a dark room and turned on the light. I gasped as I saw Crystal sitting at a table. The room had no windows and no other furniture, and was completely white.

“Miss me Baylee?” she questioned, giving me her mischievous smirk.

“Is this real?” I asked, thoroughly confused.

“Well, this is your dream, goofball.”

“Yeah, I guess it is. Of course I missed you.”

She smiled, “I think you should be with Zacky and not Caleb. Caleb isn’t good enough for you.”

“Crys, I’m in love with Caleb, and we’re getting married. Zacky is married to Gena anyway.”

“Okay…but I’m going to show you two things.”

She stood up, and motioned for me to follow her into a new room. Caleb stood in the middle of the room, with me I might add, and it was like I was having an out of body experience. I watched us argue, and then I saw that one girl from the funeral come in between us, and smirk at me. She said some things that I couldn’t make out, and they left me there, crying.

“Come on.”

We went to another room, but this time, I was standing next to Zacky with a kid on my hip, and we were peering over a baby bed. Both of the kids were spitting images of Zacky.

“See? You’re meant to be with Zacky.”

I rolled my eyes at Crystal, “You’re only saying that because this is a dream.”

“Believe what you want, Baylee. This may be a dream, but it’s your subconscious’ way of saying you miss me, and that you’re in love with Zacky. Remember, you can always find me in your dreams.”


“Caleb?” I asked, as I barely woke up from my weird ass dream.

“Yeah, babe, go back to sleep.”

I cuddled into him, and I felt different, but went back to sleep anyway.

The next morning when I woke up, Caleb wasn’t in bed. He had left a note saying he had to work this morning.

I seriously couldn’t get that dream out of my head. It actually kind of scared me because Crystal was always right about things, and even with it just being a dream, it does worry me a bit, but I know I really shouldn’t worry.

I took a shower, and got dressed in a plaid shirt, and some black skinny jeans. I fixed my hair, and then slid on some shoes. I need to go to the bookstore, and check on mom anyway.

It didn’t take me long to get there, and there were a few people in the shop.

“Hey Baylee, what are you up to?” Mom asked, as I walked inside.

“Nothing much, I figured I’d come down here and see if you needed any help.”

“Yeah, but just for a bit, I think.”

“Okay.”

“So, what are you going to do about the wedding?”

I sighed, “I don’t know. I want to get married on the beach, but his mom is driving me crazy.”

She laughed and picked up some books, “Yeah, I could tell. She means well, I promise, just don’t let her get to you Baylee. Everything will work out just fine, and I’m excited to meet those girls you met out in California.”

I smiled, “They are all really nice, I guess. Michelle and I understand each other now. Don’t mention anything to Caleb, but I still have a small crush on Zacky, and he’s married to Gena now, so it’s nothing but a celebrity crush.”

“Well, all I’m going to say is if you weren’t with Caleb, you’d be with Zacky. He’s a sweetheart and I’ve noticed Caleb can be a bit of a jerk to you. I never noticed it before, but he sort of is, to be honest.”

I nodded, “Yeah, but we work things out even if we do fight a lot.”

“Well, as long as you’re happy.”

I ended up working for a few hours before I went back to the apartment. It was nice talking to mom about everything, and working at the same time. Sometimes she’s not there when I work.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I didn't update last week.
I wanted to try to fix this chapter because I didn't like it, and then I got busy.