Status: Finished. <3

And We're Nothing Short of Invincible

two

The next morning, I was jolted awake by Crystal body-slamming me.

“Shit, where’s the fire?” I mumbled.

I heard Crystal’s laughter coming from beside me, and I flipped her off.

“Gee thanks, Baylee-bug, such a nice greeting for your best friend ever.”

“Yeah, well, you’re the one who body-slammed me awake.”

“Oh, shush. Get up. Your mom told me about your date with Mr. Abercrombie model….what was his name again?” she asked, confused.

“Ugh. His name is Caleb.”

“Oh, right, Caleb. So, let’s do your hair, and all that shit.”

“You’re not mad about tonight?”

“Nah girl, we can always go out tomorrow night, unless it’s your weekend at the shop?”

My mom owns a little bookstore down from Coolidge Park, and I work in there sometimes, but she mainly runs it with my aunt Casey.

“Nah, they don’t need me this weekend. So, tomorrow is great.”

“Sweet. Now, get your sweet southern ass up, and into the shower.”

“Yes master.”

She laughed at me, and punched my shoulder lightly.

A few hours later, when my hair was dried, and we had eaten lunch, Crystal started her amazing make-up/hair attack.

My hair ended up being as curly as she could get it, with my make-up being very simple and natural, which is fine with me. My dress was black with roses, and I had a small jacket over it as it was December, black flats and my cute black purse.

I was ready for whatever this date had in store for me.

Caleb was on time, which was great for me. I love it when people aren’t late. He opened the door for me, and even said I looked great.

He’s scoring some brownie points at the moment.

We ended up at the Acropolis, which is an amazing Greek restaurant close to Hamilton Place Mall. We got seated, and started looking at the menu.

“What are you getting?” Caleb asked.

“Hm, well, I always get the same thing when I come here. This is one of my families’ favorite places to eat, so yeah…” I replied.

Our waitress, Layla, came over and filled our drink order before walking away.

“Are you guys ready to order?” She asked.

“Yes, Caleb, are you ready?”

He nodded his head yes.

“Okay I want the Spanakopita.”

“I think I want the same thing,” Caleb said, and handed our menus to Layla.

“Alrighty, we will have that right up for you.”

“Thank you.”

“So why didn’t you get something different?” I asked.

He shrugged, “I’ve never been here, and yeah, I’m scared to try new things, I guess.”

“Oh…”

We actually got pretty involved in our conversations.

“So, you never told me what you do.”

He smiled, “well, I just graduated from law school, and I do part-time modeling on the side.”

“Oh, interesting.”

“What about you?”

I shrugged, “I’m here and there. I work part-time at my mom’s shop, but my heart is in photography. Crystal is actually in the process of doing photography classes so we can start our own little thing.”

“Hm, well that sounds fun.”

I nodded, “Yeah, I’m pretty excited about it. She’s the only person other than my parents that I would ever partner up with like that.”

Our food finally came, and we were silent as we ate.

About thirty minutes later, Caleb was paying the bill, and we walked to the car. It didn’t take long for us to get back to my house, and he was walking me up to the garage apartment.

“Well, I had fun tonight. Would you like to go out again soon?” he asked, biting his lip.

I smiled, “Yeah, I would like that a lot.”

“Alright, I’ll see you soon. Good night.” He kissed me on the cheek, and walked back down to his car.

I walked into the apartment and put my back up against the door, and giggled.

He’s cute, and we get along. I guess we will see where this goes.