Status: Finished. <3

And We're Nothing Short of Invincible

twenty-one

The next few weeks went by, and things seemed normal, it seemed that way to Caleb anyway. I was often staying up later than usual to talk to Zacky while Caleb was sleeping.

“Babe, you need to get up. We have to go meet one of the realtors today.”

I sighed as I got up from the bed. I really didn’t want to go meet the realtor.

“Dress nice, please.”

I rolled my eyes, “Alright.”

I took a shower and got changed into a plain black shirt, some jeans and flats. I grabbed a small sweater just in case if it was still cool outside. I put on a little make-up, did my hair, and I was ready to go.

“Let’s go if you’re ready,” I said to Caleb as he walked out of the bathroom.

“Alright, come on.”

I followed him out of the apartment and down to his car. I was nervous to be honest. Caleb had picked three houses that we were going to go look at, and it just makes this more real.

We ended up at a nice two story house to look at first. It was white on the outside and had a fenced in yard. We parked behind the realtor’s car, and got out. We walked over to the realtor, and she looked over at us.

“I’m Caleb Anderson, and this is my fiancé, Baylee Best,” Caleb said, shaking the lady’s hand.

“It’s nice to meet you, I’m Louisa Tanner. Now, if you will follow me, I will show you the house.”

The interior of the house was an off-white color, and you could tell the house was decently old. I noticed the windows in the living room were huge. They went from ceiling to the floor.

“Now, this house has four-bedrooms and two full baths, plus a finished basement. The basement has one of the bedrooms, and it also has a half bathroom,” Louisa said, as we followed her around the house.

“This is actually extremely nice. We could put a pool in the back yard, and we have enough room for everyone,” Caleb grinned.

I smiled, but it was a nervous one.

“Baylee, what do you think?” Caleb asked.

“It’s really nice. I love how the house is set up.”
Caleb looked extremely happy, and it made my insides churn.

“Well, we have a few more to go look at, but we will for sure keep an eye on this one,” Caleb said to Louisa as we walked back out to the car.

“Alright, here is my card. Let me know what you guys decide because this one will not stay on the market for long.”

We said our good-byes, and we were off to the next house.

It seemed like every time we stepped foot into a new house, my heart grew even heavier at the thought of moving into a new house, away from my parents. It’s not just the guilt that I feel; it’s the fact that I won’t be right next door to my parents. I know I have to grow up sometime, I just don’t want to just yet.

We spent six freaking hours looking at houses….and you know where we ended back up at the fucking end?

THE FIRST HOUSE WE LOOKED AT THIS MORNING!

I could shoot myself right now. I’m so annoyed right now. I loved several of the other houses we looked at, and actually, I fell in love with this two story three-bedroom house. It was painted a light yellow color, and it was close to my parents. It had a fenced in yard and a pool too. There was a two car garage hooked onto the house. It was beautiful, but no, Caleb thought it was ugly. Every other house that I said I loved, he said it was ugly and not in the right neighborhood. I could not fucking win today, and also, I hadn’t heard from Zacky, so I was slightly disappointed, but what the fuck ever, right?

“Baylee, will you calm down? The realtor is right there, chill.”

I sighed, and pinched my nose to make myself breath in and out.

“I’m fine.”

“Good.”

We got out of the car again, and walked over to Louisa.

“So you decided you wanted this house?” she asked.

“Yeah, this one has just been on my brain all day even after looking at other houses. This is it,” Caleb replied.

“Well, we will get the paperwork drawn up, and it will probably take a few weeks to a month for the house to close, will that be fine?”

“Yes, it will be.”

Caleb and I signed some papers she had with her, and she said she’d be in touch with us in the next few days. We climbed back into the car, and headed home.

I was so thankful to be out of that car, and lying on my bed. Caleb was in the living room playing Call of Duty.

<ding>

I glanced at my phone.

Zacky

I clicked read on my phone.

so you guys are buying a house?wtf

how do you know already?

Matt is playing COD with shithead and he mentioned it.

I was going to tell you Zacky, I promise.

Call me when he goes to work tomorrow and we will talk about it. I miss you baby. Gena has been around all damn day so I couldn’t text.

it’s alright, I’m just not in a good mood and I wanted to talk to you so I could calm down.

what’s wrong?

caleb being an ass. The whole time we were looking at looking at houses anytime I said I loved a house he would say it was ugly and in a bad neighborhood but the first one he loved….

oh…well why was he asking your opinion then?

I have no idea. I’m sleepy baby.

shit it’s probably getting late there right? Ill talk to you tomorrow. Goodnight<3

goodnight love<3

After I sent the last text, I made sure to erase all of the messages and then I walked into the living room.

“I’m going to bed, are you coming anytime soon?”

“Yeah, in a bit.”

“Alright, you have to get up for work, so don’t stay up too late.”

He rolled his eyes, “yes mother.”

So much for trying to change right? Liar.

The next morning, Caleb woke me up early so we could have breakfast with my parents like normal. I will miss this.

“So, what were you guys out doing all day long yesterday?” Mom asked.

“Looking at houses, and we found one,” Caleb replied grinning.

“Really now, where is it?” Dad asked, peering over his glasses.

“Um, it’s in Dunlap.”

“That’s almost an hour away, Baylee,” Mom commented, looking sad.

I sighed, “I know, we just found this really nice house, and we fell in love with it.”

“Well, as long as you will come out and visit, I think we can handle it. I mean, you are getting married, so you would be moving anyway.”

“Yeah, we should be moving in within the month, so you guys can see the house,” Caleb said after he took a drink of his orange juice.

“That would be great.”

We ate the rest of breakfast in silence.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry the chapter was late.
I was out last night.
I'm currently working on chapter twenty-seven. I plan for it to end at thirty.