Status: Finished. <3

And We're Nothing Short of Invincible

twenty-six

My birthday is just two days away. Yes, it’s been three months already. It has flown by like nothing.

I will be twenty-six. I feel so old, and I really miss Crystal more than anything.

Last year, she was the one who threw my party. We had so much fun that day. I can’t believe I ever got mad at her for what she was doing. If she was here, she’d chew me out for being a hypocrite, and then tell me she was happy for me. That’s just how she was all the time.

Caleb and I have sort of been getting along, but it’s still a struggle. I’m still with Zacky. Gena still thinks he’s cheating, but she keeps saying she trusts him.

“Baylee, I have a surprise for you.

Caleb came into the living room with a small box. He handed it to me, and I immediately opened it.

“Plane tickets?” I asked, confused.

“Mhmm, you’re going to Huntington Beach for your birthday.”

“Holy shit!” I exclaimed, hugging Caleb tightly.

He laughed at me, “You’re going for a whole week. I made arrangements for you to stay with Brian. Everyone is looking forward to seeing you.”

“Wait, are you not coming with me?”

“No, I’m sorry. I wish I could, but I have that big case coming up.”

I felt like crying.

“But I will spend all day with you tomorrow and we can do whatever you want. You leave on your birthday.”

“Okay,” I replied, calming down.

“It’s all worked out. Come here.” He pulled me onto his lap, and just held me. He started whispering sweet things in my ear, and I wondered why he couldn’t always be this way.

“I really missed this,” I whispered.

“Me too.”

The next morning, after getting dressed and having a birthday breakfast with my parents, we went to the aquarium. I love the aquarium. We ended up having an amazing time. Caleb was acting like he did when we first met.

I just don’t understand why he acts the way he does now. It’s so frustrating for me. We ate dinner at The Acropolis, which is where we ate dinner that first date.

It was amazing.

When we got home, I started packing for California. I was so excited to see everyone, especially Zacky, of course. I spent a long time packing, and making sure I had everything.

“Babe, it’s almost eleven. Come to bed so you can get up in the morning.”

“Okay, hang on.” I changed into some pajamas and crawled into the bed next to Caleb.

“Good night, I love you.”

“I love you, too, Caleb.

He kissed my lips and we fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is pretty short, apparently, don't worry the next several chapters will make up for the shortness.