Status: Slow but getting there, promise :)

The Trouble of Taboo

chapter 21

I walked into school, so embedded in my thoughts that I didn't notice the looks and whispers about my outfit from people around me. I saw Ali and went straight to her smiling 'hay Hun, how are you?' i asked her hugging her. Ali looked at me confused, 'I'm okay, how have you been?' I looked at her and felt really bad. ' not around much at the moment. You're right I should have told yo, I do have a boyfriend, but he's not from here and I guess I wanted to keep him to myself for a little while. Want to go.for coffee tonight and I'll tell you all about him?' I asked her, smiling confidently and I saw her smile at me. 'That's great Paige. Yeah lets do that. I'm sorry about how I've been acting. I just thought I was losing you, and for some reason I had it in my head you were dating Mr P, and when I went around last night to your house and your dad said you'd moved out with an older man, it kinda confirmed it.' I nodded sympathetically worried about how close she had gotten to my father. 'I'm not meant to tell anyone because of legal stuff, but my father did something to me a couple of months ago and a neighbour or someone reported it and social services came and took me away, the old guy is my new foster dad, he's kind of cool, has been looking after me really well, but my father can't know where I am because of his wealth and power in the city.' I was amazed how easily the lie came out, and how well i was telling it, Ali looked shocked at me and I knew she believed every word I had said, I also knew I was going to have to make time to spend with her again. 'Paige that is awful! I can't believe it! I'm so sorry about not trusting you, I should have known you wouldn't do something like dating a teacher.'
We walked to form together, chatting away like old times and I relaxed. It was so easy to be around her again, I let her talk about everything I had missed while neglecting our friendship. I couldn't wait to tell Neil how well it had gone, but then I wondered, it was obviously not Ali who had sent Neil the message about us, so somebody else knew about us. I shrugged it off deciding Neil and I could figure that out later.
The day was surprisingly normal and like it used to be, I felt like a school girl again, Neil and I were good, and Ali and I were good and I was away from my father, all was good and I felt happy and carefree.
Ali and I spent the whole day catching up, and she told me she was worried about her parents possibly divorcing and I comforted her over it, feeling bad that I hadn't been around to support her. It was when we got to Science that the real acting begun, I had text Neil at lunch telling him everything was fine and not to worry in Science later. I told Ali I was texting my boyfriend and smiled like a fool about it, she was so happy for me and asked what his name was, I told her it was Nick, close enough to Neil but not enough for her to get suspicious, and changed Neil's name to N in my phone book, just in case. We reached Science and I took a deep breath as we walked in and sat down, I made myself not look at Neil once, I was determined to show Ali and anyone else who was watching that there was nothing between us. I needed Neil and I to work, and if that meant pretty much ignoring Neil at school, that is what I would do and I knew Neil would understand. The lesson seemed to drag on forever because I couldn't look at Neil for it, even when he was teaching I looked at the board instead, knowing if i looked at him i would give it away.
Finally the bell went and Ali and I left, I was the last on out of the classroom and could feel Neil's eyes on me, I turned to look at him and smiled, blowing him a kiss and mouthing 'am going for coffee, love you', he smiled his mind blowing smile back at me and I knew we would be okay.
Neil's pov
I hadn't been sure what Paige's plan was, and her not looking at me all lesson almost killed me, although it meant I got to admire her outfit all day. Her long legs and every time she twisted around her breasts strained against her tight blouse and I almost groaned a couple of times. I had noticed how much happier she looked, her face was radiating with it and she looked like even more beautiful than normal, which I had thought was impossible.
I had wanted to send the other girls in the classroom out, who were talking meanly about Paige, they had been saying she must have been hiring her body out for money, it made me so angry but I couldn't show it, luckily Paige hadn't over heard them, i didn't want her to lose this new found confidence in her body, i wanted her to be happy with herself and know she was hot! I smiled at myself as I marked the books, I couldn't wait to get home and for Paige to get home from having coffee with Ali so I could tear that outfit off of her. I didn't care about the rules any more, Paige was all I cared about and keeping her happy. I decided there and then that I would do anything for her, even if it meant losing my job. She was worth it, we were worth it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry for anyone who has ben waiting on this. I ran out of ideas and then today i read it and wham i knew what to put, strange that.
Gezsgrim
x