Status: More to Come Soon!

With Words I Should've Said

Don't Hate

"So if you take a spaghetti noodle, soak it, then lay it out in the sun would it go back to a straight noodle? or would it be curly?" Brittany asked me. I was at her house making, you guessed it, tofu! No, not really. I'm making spaghetti!
"I don't know. Why don't you find out?"
"Because I'm blind."
"Okay, you always pull that card."
"Well I'm always blind!" she acted like it was obvious.
"Baby," I muttered.
"Oh shut up." I laughed.
"So has your little boyfriend called you yet?" I asked.
"No."
"Well he's missin out!" I stirred noodles.
"So, you got Chris's number?" she hinted.
"Yes."
"And have you called him?"
"Yes."
"And...?"
"He asked if I wanted to hang out."
"AND...?"
"That's it. Nothing else."
"Is it a date?"
"I don't know."
"You are no fun at all," she rested her chin an her palm.
"We just met four days ago!"
"So when are you going to 'hang out'?"
"This Friday, why?"
"Just wondering. Where are you going?"
"You're not going to follow me."
"Awww why not?"
"Because you're blind," I mocked her.

"Yeah. Yeah, I know. Uh huh," I was listening to Brittany talk on the phone with a guy.
"Tell him I said hi."
"You don't even know who it is," she scolded.
"Hey, Britt. How'd you answer the phone?" I asked.
"Because I know where the button is! No sorry Maika, that was Natalie. She says hi," Brittany explained. "He says hi back."
"Tell him I said he lives in a cactus filled with pudding."
"She says you live in a cactus filled with pudding. I have no idea where it came from. Natalie, he says you live in a pineapple under the sea."
"Dang! I rest my case," I said through a mouthful.
"Hey I have to go. Natalie made dinner and I need to eat it before it eats me. I'll see you then," she smiled and hung up.
"Okay. First- you're not gonna SEE anyone around. Second- my food isn't that bad! And third- Oooooooh! Someone got a boooyfreiiind!"
"Shut up! We're just 'hanging out' she mocked me.
"Do you need help finding your spaghetti?" I asked her.
"Nah, I got it," she stabbed the fork around until she found the plate.
"You're good at that."

"Are you sure you don't just want to sleep over?" I asked Brittany again.
"Dude, I'm fine. I need to get home anyways," she replied.
"Ok, fine I get it!" I sniffled.
"Oh, shut up Natalie!"
I was driving Brittany home at nine. It was the night after our spaghetti day.It was Thursday, which meant tomorrow, I was going on my get-together.
When I got home, I went straight upstairs.
"Natalie? Can you come here for a second? I wanna talk to you!" my mom called.
"Can't it wait until tomorrow?" I complained.
"No."
"Okay good night," I collapsed on my bed. "I'm tired," I complained to myself.

"So, you turn eighteen in a couple of weeks, and we want to talk about you living here. Alone," my mom was sitting in the couch opposite me with John.
"Mom, I can handle it. I'm going to college soon, I can just live here, like I have all my life!" I complained. I had just exited the shower, so my hair was sopping wet.
"But what if someone comes to the door with a gun?" my mother asked.
"I'll knee him in the nuts- look, Mother! I will be fine. You'll be right down the road and so will Jay!" I nodded towards John.
"He is pretty responsible," John added. I sent him a thank-you glance.
My mom looked between us and finally sighed. "Fine, fine! But you have to call me every day, alright?" she asked sternly.
"Yes! Most definitely!" I was so excited. I get to live in a house by myself! "Okay, I'm gonna go blow dry my hair- I have somewhere to go today!" I ran up the stairs excitedly. I had a text message waiting.
'wanna meet at panera or something around 2? -chris'
I sent back a 'sure'. Even if this was just to hang out, it was gonna be fun. I put on a grey long sleeved cardigan, and kept it unbuttoned and flowy, with a black and white baseball shirt underneath, I also had on dark, bleach stained shorts.
I drove up to Panera at 2:01. Heck yes, that is what they call fashionably late. I walked inside and found him sitting at a booth.
"Hey," I said and slid in.
"Hey," he smiled. "If you look to the left, you'll see my two idiotic friends here." I looked and saw Jay looking at us from ten feet away with binoculars. Across from him, Christian was watching through two eye holes cut out of newspaper.
"Very inconspicuous!" I called. They gave me a thumbs up.
"I apologize for them. They're idiots..." he flipped his hair.
"Hey, I'm related to one of them now, so..." I shrugged.
"You wanna ditch?" he asked. I nodded, smiling.
"They're on the move!" Jay called to Christian.
"I can see fine, you moron!" they watched as we left.
"Bye, guys!" I waved as we left.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title Don't Hate by the Red Jumpsuit Apparatus!